Ideas to cheer Linus up.

Sammael

So I'm watching this Linus livestream and it's clear that he's been having some issues with stress and overwork and depression and a crisis of meaning in the face of bigger issues of life and death and worth.

It's up to us to brainstorm ways to cheer him up.  

• Linus needs a break, he and his wife clearly want more time to live life outside work, that can be done easily.  The staff has grown and can accommodate more people picking up the slack.
  • Linus needs to try shrooms.
  • Repeat bullet point 2, with a guide.
  • On the talk of consumerism and a sense of... frivolity to Linus entire work, I'm reminded of the words of the great Jean Baptiste Emmanual ZORG !!!!!!!!

... okay, maybe that was a bad example, but the point still stands, consumerism is an engine of modern civilization.  And until we are post scarcity, it will probably be with us. Linus mentioned not wanting to buy newer cars over a sense of waste.  But we live in a world of abundance.  At least on time scales we ought to care about.  In the long run, we are all dead, that is true, the universe will eventually endure a heat death, and long before that the oceans of earth will boil away within a billion years as the sun expands.  If our species has not found a way to expand out by then, it will be over.

But we essentially live in a universe of plentiful bounty.  We have free energy, flowing in from the sun to the earth, and that energy allows us to do work and transform this world into a paradise.  We are learning more all the time.  From cleaning up ocean plastic

to nuclear reactors that can use current waste as fuel. 

@Linus staff, you must, feed him shrooms.  Find a way.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I wish I had a depression while getting 2k dollars in donations under 30 mins.

Being real though, he is overworked. He needs to appoint someone to look after LTT while he takes 3-6 months off. Hes got an amazing crew capable of living without Linus for some time.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

-> Moved to Off Topic

If you want to discuss about the livestream, do it in the previously posted thread:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv