Nvidia control panel missing after driver update

DreadKnight

I recently performed a clean install of the 441.87 driver (Yes I used the whole DDU thing). However upon reboot I can no longer access Nvidia control panel. Right clicking on the desktop does not show it nor does searching in the start menu. I made sure to download the game ready drivers. Does Nvidia no longer package the control panel with the driver?

Edit: through the magic of editing URLs I have downloaded the standard version of 441.87 which includes the control panel. I dislike how DCH was crammed down my throat but hurling it back at microsoft and downloading a functional driver installer will help with the bitter taste

7 minutes ago, DreadKnight said:

I recently performed a clean install of the 441.87 driver (Yes I used the whole DDU thing). However upon reboot I can no longer access Nvidia control panel. Right clicking on the desktop does not show it nor does searching in the start menu. I made sure to download the game ready drivers. Does Nvidia no longer package the control panel with the driver?

Try tp re install it with GeForce Experience. (no DDU)

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

17 hours ago, Constantin said:

Try tp re install it with GeForce Experience. (no DDU)

Do I have to create an account to use GeForce Experience? It seems to be attempting to force me to.

3 minutes ago, DreadKnight said:

Do I have to create an account to use GeForce Experience? It seems to be attempting to force me to.

Yes, you can sign in with your Gmail or create an account but you have to have one, used to not but they changed it a few months ago. When you DDU it unistalls all graphics drivers and related files(Nvidia Control Panel and config files), so you have to reinstall using Geforce Experience to insure that you get everything set up correctly. Windows device manager and windows update typically get out of date or even the wrong drivers which is why programs like Geforce Experience and Adrenalin 2020 exist for GPUs.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

12 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Yes, you can sign in with your Gmail or create an account but you have to have one, used to not but they changed it a few months ago. When you DDU it unistalls all graphics drivers and related files(Nvidia Control Panel and config files), so you have to reinstall using Geforce Experience to insure that you get everything set up correctly. Windows device manager and windows update typically get out of date or even the wrong drivers which is why programs like Geforce Experience and Adrenalin 2020 exist for GPUs.

Can I not just install the standard driver package. It seems I installed the DCH driver because I cant find the standard package for 441.87 anywhere.

10 minutes ago, DreadKnight said:

Can I not just install the standard driver package. It seems I installed the DCH driver because I cant find the standard package for 441.87 anywhere.

If you want to, absolutely. However the easiest and best way is to use Geforce Experience. It automatically keeps the drivers up to date and will always install the correct driver, no searching for the right one or manual installs. If the driver you are trying to install doesn't have the standard package then Geforce Experience is what you will need to use if you don't want to search around on random sites and possibly get a virus trying to download it from somewhere other than Nvidia.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2020 at 3:11 AM, Mira Yurizaki said:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Took a bit of digging around, but you can find the Standard version there.

Which exactly driver to choose there? I have the same issue, tried to reinstall regularly and with DDU - doesn't help. Tried couple different versions (studio, game ready).

2020-03-06_063401.png