Huananzhi X79 - resets 5 minutes after warm boot

Hi,

I have a very puzzling issue with my PC.

I've recently upgraded it to Socket 2011 using a Chinese X79 motherboard (a similar model actually to what Linus was using in some video), and an i7-3930k.

I have a Seasonic Platinum 460W PSU, 1050Ti, 4x8GB kingston DDR3 2400mhz CL11 memory, and an AIO with 280mm radiator cooling the cpu.

The case is well ventilated with multiple 14cm fans.

So in the upgrade only the motherboard and the cpu were changed (previously I was using an FX-8320), so it's safe to assume that all other components are fine.

After the upgrade:

- When i cold boot the computer it runs just fine (meaning that the psu is disconnected/switched off for at least 10 seconds when the computer is turned-off).

- When i do a warm boot though the computer runs fine for 5-10 minutes, than does a hard reset (no logs or bsod in windows 10), and after rebooting it runs just fine.

I've tried disabling EIST/Speedstep (no difference),

tried disabling specific C-States (no difference),

tried forcing PCI-E version 2.0 (instead of 3.0),

tried uplugging/plugin all power connectors from psu/motherboard (no difference),

tried 2 sticks of ram, 4 sticks (no difference),

checked if cpu oc matters or not (stock clocks have the same problem),

checked if ram clock matters or not (jedec 1600MHz setting the same problem),

checked if fast boot matters or not (no difference),

checked if a fresh Windows install would help (it didn't).

I'm out of ideas, and it seems very strange as once the computer does a cold start, or it does the mentioned reset it can have the cpu and memory oc'ed and fully loaded for multiple hours non-stop, and the setup is rock stable.

It's most certainly the motherboard's fault but with the above description it might be difficult to get it RMA'd as it's technically working just fine, and also any kind of RMA to China would take 1-2 months at least.

There are some unusual jumpers on the motherboard, although there was no service manual with it, even though it's brand BOX version.
Also two motherboard standoffs were replaced with plastic spacers as i didn't have correct holes under to screw in the brass standoffs, so basically there is no risk for any shorts on the back of the motherboard, although not all screw-holes in the motherboard are grounded (normally this shouldn't be an issue, but might it be possible that grounding in a Chinese motherboard could depend on grounding the screw-holes? That would be interesting).

To specify, the motherboard is Huananzhi X79 Deluxe, and looks like this:image.png.252dba06a3c817d6576f6436046a68cb.png

Hi,

I've verified that this is exactly the same motherboard version and revision as mine.

I've changed the jumpers marked in below pictures, i think they control whether specific usb ports are powered on or not in sleep states. Also there was a clear cmos jumper that I've disconnected just to check, but it all still did not make a difference.

image.png.45edb7cec79d261739adc472ee940ad3.png

image.png.a1513e3f10e460a29c6102d2c012a713.png

Edited by Mariosti