Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s6tanic

I NEED HELP !!!! today I woke up and hopped on my pc and noticed that my FPS wasn’t as high as it was before there’s a massive change

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I woke up today and hopped on my pc and noticed that my pc wasn’t performing well my FPS had a massive drop on rainbow six siege I would get around 220 FPS and higher. Today I was getting 135 and lower I don’t understand what’s wrong. I did notice my processor was stuck at 2.18 ghz it’s a ryzen 7 2700x I don’t know if that’s the problem and if it is please help me fix it the temps for my cpu and gpu were around 35-37 Celsius I reinstalled Nvidia drivers nothing I did download MSU after burner and run the oc scanner don’t know if it affected it . Specs are rog strix b450 motherboard ryzen 7 2700x rog strix rtx 2080 and 16gb of trident z ram 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you try enabling XMP in the bios to attempt to mediate clock speed issues? Also a lot of things can effect FPS such as the environment of different maps, changed settings, and server ping. Some games have a tendency to automatically change settings from time to time (which can get pretty annoying when you have the perfect settings dialed in).    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anything changed in the bios or Ryzen master (or any other OC software)?


R5 3600, MSI B450 PRO MAX, 16gb Corsair vengance Pro ddr4, XFX RX 590 GPU, Cooler master hyper 212 cpu cooler. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Jumpy82 said:

Has anything changed in the bios or Ryzen master (or any other OC software)?

I did change the frequency of my ram but I set my bios to default settings so nothing has changed I’m not sure about ryzen master 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Did you try enabling XMP in the bios to attempt to mediate clock speed issues? Also a lot of things can effect FPS such as the environment of different maps, changed settings, and server ping. Some games have a tendency to automatically change settings from time to time (which can get pretty annoying when you have the perfect settings dialed in).    

Xmp? Sorry I’m new to pc I’ve had it for a couple months now but don’t understand any of that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, s6tanic said:

Xmp? Sorry I’m new to pc I’ve had it for a couple months now but don’t understand any of that 

XMP is a setting in your motherboard’s bios that essentially dials in a conservative automatic overclock of your memory and/or CPU in order to get better performance without the haste of manually dialing in an overclock. You can usually get to your bios by repeatedly pushing a key (often F12, F2, or DEL) while the pc is starting up (the opening splash screen on your computer should specify which key to hit). As for the rest I was basically just saying that FPS it somewhat out of your control, especially in online games that rely on servers and other players for gameplay which can significantly impact your FPS. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest motherboard BIOS?

Latest chipset drivers from AMD (from AMD's website)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
17 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

XMP is a setting in your motherboard’s bios that essentially dials in a conservative automatic overclock of your memory and/or CPU in order to get better performance without the haste of manually dialing in an overclock. You can usually get to your bios by repeatedly pushing a key (often F12, F2, or DEL) while the pc is starting up (the opening splash screen on your computer should specify which key to hit). As for the rest I was basically just saying that FPS it somewhat out of your control, especially in online games that rely on servers and other players for gameplay which can significantly impact your FPS. 

Thank you I’ll try that as soon as possible 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, 191x7 said:

Latest motherboard BIOS?

Latest chipset drivers from AMD (from AMD's website)?

How can I find the latest motherboard bios 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, s6tanic said:

How can I find the latest motherboard bios 

Watch those two videos:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
17 hours ago, 191x7 said:

Latest motherboard BIOS?

Latest chipset drivers from AMD (from AMD's website)?

Didn’t work :/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst case senario you could reset your bios.

unplug your PSU

open your case

remove the circular battery from the motherboard

wait for 30 seconds or so...

replace the battery

plug in computer

boot in to the bios (usually press delete key over and over on boot)

turn on XMP profile

set your RAM speed to stock (mine is 3600mhz)

Leave everything else on AUTO

exit and save 

let it boot

should be back to normal???


R5 3600, MSI B450 PRO MAX, 16gb Corsair vengance Pro ddr4, XFX RX 590 GPU, Cooler master hyper 212 cpu cooler. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, s6tanic said:

Do you guys think it might be my psu it’s a 550w (pretty low )

No 500w should be fine.

But, if your only getting 2.18ghz something has happened in your bios

See my previous post to reset it and it should get back to 3.7ghz base clock speed

Alternatively, check you are on the most recent bios update

Let me know how you get on


R5 3600, MSI B450 PRO MAX, 16gb Corsair vengance Pro ddr4, XFX RX 590 GPU, Cooler master hyper 212 cpu cooler. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
23 hours ago, Jumpy82 said:

No 500w should be fine.

But, if your only getting 2.18ghz something has happened in your bios

See my previous post to reset it and it should get back to 3.7ghz base clock speed

Alternatively, check you are on the most recent bios update

Let me know how you get on

So I put it full speed after buy a psu CPUs fine now and my gpu but still not running the same FPS did increase slightly 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×