Help with Cpu Cooler please. Thank you.

Hello and i wish you all the best. 

I am looking to buy a new Cpu cooler but i don't know too much. I am playing games like Fortnite and Path of Exile. Can you give me a few suggestions based on the space that i have please and what you believe it will work to keep good cpu temperatures?

PC specs:

Case:    AeroCool GT
Motherboard:    Gigabyte H81m-HD3
Cpu:   i5 - 4690K
Gpu:   Msi gtx 1050 ti 4 GB Low Profile
System fans:   Pure Wings 2 120mm (exhaust), Noctua NF-P12 PWM (intake)
Cpu cooler:  Intel e97378

Thanks in Advance

Whats wrong with the current cooler?

MAIN PC (Beast) - Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WIFI  with BIOS 4703, AMD Ryzen R9 3900XT + Corsair H115i Pro RGB XT Cooling, 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz 16,18,18,38 1.35v DDR4, Inno3d HerculeZ Design Nvidia GTX 1080 X2 8GB GDDR5,  1 x Samsung U28E590D & 1 x Samsung U32J59XUQ 3840 x 2160 4K, 1 x Samsung Evo 970 Evo Plus NVME PCI-E 1TB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB + 2 X 3TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III, 1 x LG BH16NS40 16x BR\DVDRW, ICYBOX IB3740-C31 & ICYBOX IB3640-03,  MZHOU 7 Ports PCIe USB 3.0 Card, 1 x XIAOLO 2.5G Intel I225V Ethernet Card, 2 x UGREEN Hard Drive Enclosure 3.5 inch External SATA Disk Caddy Reader USB 3.0 2.5 3.5 HDD SSD 16TB UASP Case Dock Station With 12V 2A Power Adapter For Windows with 6TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III, Corsair Obsidian 750D Wind Force Edition Case + 5 Corsair ML140 140mm Case Fans, EVGA 750 g3 750w Gold 80+ PSU, Logitech MX Vertical Mouse, Logitech MX Vertical & MX Ergo Trackball Mouse using same USB unifying device, Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, Windows 11 Pro x64 Retail, Synology ds215j NAS + 1x3TB WD Reds connected to a 6TB Seagate USB 3.0 Backup Plus Hub, Blue Yeti Microphone, Logitech C922 Pro HD,  Logitech C920 Pro HD, Bit Defender Total Security 2021.

Second PC (Cyclops) - MSI 990FXA Gaming, AMD FX 8370 4Ghz, Corsair 16GB Vengeance Red 9-9-9-24 1600Mhz, Arctic Cooling Freezer 13, Asus Strix 1050TI 4GB, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 2 X Seagate Barracuda 2TB, 1 X WD Black 2TB, 1 x ASUS 16x DVDRW, X-Case Eagle III Case, 3 X Corsair AF 120 Case Fans, EVGA 850 G2 80+ Gold + PSU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Logitech C920 Webcam, R0DE NT1-A Microphone, Scarlet 212 Audio Interface (Revision 2), Windows 10 Pro X64 Retail, Bit Defender Total Security 2021, 2TB Seagate Expansion USB Hard Drive.

Third PC (Old Trustie) - Acer Aspire M3400, OEM Mainboard, AMD FX Athlon II X3 425 2.7Ghz, 16GB Corsair Value 1600Mhz Ram, OEM CPU Cooler, AMD R7 260 2GB GPU, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 2TB Samsung SATA III, 1 X OEM 16X DVDRW, 1 X Acer OEM Case, 1 X Corsair AF120 Case Can, Corsair CX500 Bronze+ CPU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Windows 10 Home X64 OEM, Logitech C920 Webcam, Bit Defender Total Security 2021.

Printers Include - Canon MG5750, Canon, IP8750,  Canon Pixma Mega tank G5050 & 2 X Samsung Xpress C410W.

1 X Zexrow Xbox360 Wired Game Controller.

TP Link Archer AX6000 Cable Router Wifi6 with a Virgin Media Hub 4.0 in Modem only mode running 1GB Fibre internet.

Samsung Galaxy S21+ 256GB Mobile Phone.

Internet Speed.....

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9935039193

it is too much loud and the temperatures are very high. Definitely i need thermal paste but i was wondering if i can upgrade to have better temperatures.

I had the 4690k also, and put an Enermax T40 on it. Probably around 65°c Max temp, while boosting to 4.1GHz. Used MX-4 thermal paste. 

6 hours ago, NoGanksEric said:

I like the Arctic freezer esports 34 duo. It's not expensive at all and has really good cooling 

Thank you. Looks very cool with two fans. Problably is one intake and the other exhaust? What about noise?

1 hour ago, Dimitrios_P said:

Thank you. Looks very cool with two fans. Problably is one intake and the other exhaust? What about noise?

It's push and pull yes. 

It's really not loud. Only when you really ramp it up but in my case (r5 1400 oc 3.9ghz) I just left it on the Standart curve and never really heard it tbh. 

46 minutes ago, NoGanksEric said:

It's push and pull yes. 

It's really not loud. Only when you really ramp it up but in my case (r5 1400 oc 3.9ghz) I just left it on the Standart curve and never really heard it tbh. 

Nice. And the price is good and i read good reviews. Do you think that it will fit inside my case? The Arctic freezer is 157mm and my case fits up to 158mm. Is it ok to fit in the case limits or it is better to have some space?

It shouldn't matter actually. 

The airflow shouldn't be affected by that. 

And yes I believe it should fit. Usually if the manufacturer says 158 will fit then there is probably 160 of space to be safe 

4 hours ago, NoGanksEric said:

It shouldn't matter actually. 

The airflow shouldn't be affected by that. 

And yes I believe it should fit. Usually if the manufacturer says 158 will fit then there is probably 160 of space to be safe 

Thank you very much for your time, your suggestions and your help. I was outside a store and i bought the Arctic Silver thermal paste. I did a deep cleaning to the cpu and the intel cooler and i place the thermal paste. I was playing for 2 hours straight and the temperature was going until 65-68°C while before was 100°C. I couldn't believe that just the thermal paste do such a difference. Do you believe that if i invest in a new generation cooler will reduce more the temperature?

1 hour ago, Dimitrios_P said:

Thank you very much for your time, your suggestions and your help. I was outside a store and i bought the Arctic Silver thermal paste. I did a deep cleaning to the cpu and the intel cooler and i place the thermal paste. I was playing for 2 hours straight and the temperature was going until 65-68°C while before was 100°C. I couldn't believe that just the thermal paste do such a difference. Do you believe that if i invest in a new generation cooler will reduce more the temperature?

well a higher end cooler will ofcourse lower the temps by alot ^^ but when youre running on the stock cooler with these temps i think youre good to go. 

maybe also remember to give it a little dusting here and there and you shouldnt have a problem until you get a higher tdw cpu

On 1/21/2020 at 4:43 PM, Dimitrios_P said:

Hello and i wish you all the best. 

I am looking to buy a new Cpu cooler but i don't know too much. I am playing games like Fortnite and Path of Exile. Can you give me a few suggestions based on the space that i have please and what you believe it will work to keep good cpu temperatures?

PC specs:

Case:    AeroCool GT
Motherboard:    Gigabyte H81m-HD3
Cpu:   i5 - 4690K
Gpu:   Msi gtx 1050 ti 4 GB Low Profile
System fans:   Pure Wings 2 120mm (exhaust), Noctua NF-P12 PWM (intake)
Cpu cooler:  Intel e97378

Thanks in Advance

Could you provide a link to the specific case? I was not able to find an "Aerocool GT". We'll want to make sure there's enough clearance between the CPU socket and the side panel. The length is typically listed as "Max CPU Cooler Height"
Typicaly height in a standard case is between 130mm to 160mm. 

i7-12700K Cooled by Corsair H150i Elite Capellix | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | AORUS Z690 Elite DDR4 | 32GB (8GB x 4, 3200MHz) Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM850 PSU | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Boot Drive