Weird coil while coming from motherboard?

nokhod

I've recently built my rig about 2 weeks ago, and recently I've noticed that i have been getting a strange electric/static sound coming from the inside of my pc when

1. I drag my mouse anywhere
  2. When my computer has to think about doing any tasks
  3. When watching videos and dragging a video time to an unbuffered location
  4. When in bios, the sound becomes the worse, as any mouse movement makes the noise

https://imgur.com/gallery/mG11i36 

This is what it sounds like.

EDIT: I've noticed that it actually makes this noise all the time at idle, but it is also impossible to distinguish unless i stick my head inside my case.

After listening to the sound carefully, using a piece of paper rolled up, i have pinpointed the sound to be coming from the motherboard, mainly where the cpu/heat sink is.
If this is to be coil whine, can it be potentially harmful to my pc? My computer is not overclocked, but i do plan on overclocking it soon. If its just an annoying noise, i can live with it, if it will not cause any hardware problems.

Ah yes, the sound of current. It's just running at an audible frequency.

Nothing to worry about, your parts have warranty.

9 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Ah yes, the sound of current. It's just running at an audible frequency.

Nothing to worry about, your parts have warranty.

Just to confirm. It is the motherboard, correct? I got the motherboard for free off a friend, but it had bent pins. I sent it back to asus and they fixed it for me for a fee, but it still has 1 month of warranty left for it. I could try to rma it back to them, but i'm honestly too lazy to take my build apart and put it back together if the issue is nothing to worry about. 

5 minutes ago, nokhod said:

Just to confirm. It is the motherboard, correct? I got the motherboard for free off a friend, but it had bent pins. I sent it back to asus and they fixed it for me for a fee, but it still has 1 month of warranty left for it. I could try to rma it back to them, but i'm honestly too lazy to take my build apart and put it back together if the issue is nothing to worry about. 

It's super difficult to pin point the origin of the sound even in your video. 

Video cards are more well known for Coil whine than motherboards, however I've had a few that did it.

My 1000w PSU in my sig does it really audible especially overclocking video cards and running benchmarks. (it's 10 years old, has always had the coil whine)

Haven't seen many electronics die from the noise. It's just the electricity is flowing threw perhaps a coil and becomes audible. 

This type of issue is an ages old conversation that will never go out of style :D

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

It's super difficult to pin point the origin of the sound even in your video. 

Video cards are more well known for Coil whine than motherboards, however I've had a few that did it.

My 1000w PSU in my sig does it really audible especially overclocking video cards and running benchmarks. (it's 10 years old, has always had the coil whine)

Haven't seen many electronics die from the noise. It's just the electricity is flowing threw perhaps a coil and becomes audible. 

This type of issue is an ages old conversation that will never go out of style :D

The noise is definitely coming from the motherboard. As long as its not harmful, its all good in my books. I will be replacing my build within a few years anyways, so it just needs to last me a couple years. 

No different than the power lines above when they "humm" somewhere around 60hz I think it is.

Speakers also are an example of electricity becoming audible. Your ears can hear certain frequencies! 

A dog whistle for example you cannot hear. It's not at the right frequency.

I'm pretty certain you have nothing to worry about. Very natural phenomenon.