What to expect?

So I had recently acquired an Asus A55 notebook with a Intel Core i7 3630QM with a Nvidia GeForce 610M 2GB Served up with 8gb ram with a ice cold refreshment 240gb AMD R3 SSD.  For a grand total of $124.31 new in box...Note I installed the ssd after unboxing the laptop.  What kind of games could I play at low to med settings?

Also If anyone knows how to overclock my cpu or gpu then pls lemme know.  

1 minute ago, Matthew J Johnson said:

So I had recently acquired an Asus A55 notebook with a Intel Core i7 3630QM with a Nvidia GeForce 610M 2GB Served up with 8gb ram with a ice cold refreshment 240gb AMD R3 SSD.  For a grand total of $124.31 new in box...Note I installed the ssd after unboxing the laptop.  What kind of games could I play at low to med settings?

Indie games, maybe some CSGO at low settings etc etc.

The Display will only be 60hz anyway, so you won't be getting a high FPS experience.

I bought a similar laptop a while back from a recycler and fixed it up a bit.  My wife now uses it as her primary computer.

It would play simple stuff like WOW, Warthunder, TABS etc pretty well.

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Indie games, maybe some CSGO at low settings etc etc.

The Display will only be 60hz anyway, so you won't be getting a high FPS experience.

I bought a similar laptop a while back from a recycler and fixed it up a bit.  My wife now uses it as her primary computer.

It would play simple stuff like WOW, Warthunder, TABS etc pretty well.

I do play lots of warthunder.  Would gmod or any older mid 2000s games run well?

2 minutes ago, Matthew J Johnson said:

I do play lots of warthunder.  Would gmod or any older mid 2000s games run well?

It could I remember my second gen i5 laptop with integrated actually ran GMOD alright, so I bet that laptop wouldn't have a big issue with GMOD.

1 minute ago, Matthew J Johnson said:

Yeah, WT you just need to adjust settings to where you get the FPS you want.  That game is pretty customize-able in the settings.

I've never played Gmod myself, but it looks like as long as the GPU runs DX9 you are good.  That lappy should do the trick.

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Yeah, WT you just need to adjust settings to where you get the FPS you want.  That game is pretty customize-able in the settings.

I've never played Gmod myself, but it looks like as long as the GPU runs DX9 you are good.  That lappy should do the trick.

Thanks for the reassurance Ima go do the transfer from my old x555lab to my A55 now thanks! :)