Is this a good hdd for gaming?

deathfrankcore

This Amazon deal is really good. This hdd has 2TB of space and goes at 7200 rpm (Amazon us). BTW if I buy a new ssd, and I buy this hdd to add more space, to put the OS on the ssd do I have to reinstall it on the ssd? 

Edit: I missed a letter at the end of the US Amazon link

Spec wise should be fine. Never had any issue with my Hitachi brand stuff so it looks to be a good buy.

4 minutes ago, deathfrankcore said:

This Amazon deal is really good. This hdd has 2TB of space and goes at 7200 rpm (Amazon us). BTW if I buy a new ssd, and I buy this hdd to add more space, to put the OS on the ssd do I have to reinstall it on the ssd? 

(Ricondizionato)

yeah i would never get a refurbished drive

1 minute ago, Spaceman_Wil said:

Spec wise should be fine. Never had any issue with my Hitachi brand stuff so it looks to be a good buy.

Thank you 

HDDs are fine for gaming as long as the game isn't constantly streaming data. The only thing that you'd have to suffer with is longer load times.

5 minutes ago, deathfrankcore said:

No, you can add however many drives you want.

1 minute ago, deathfrankcore said:

I forgot to say that it's refurbished

That's usually not a problem. At the very least it should mean the manufacturer looked at it and signed off on it as being basically good as new.

4 minutes ago, GeoHandle said:

im British so I don't know how good/bad that deal is, but moving the OS from an old drive to the new SSD is actually pretty simple, I just did it myself yesterday. You clone the old drive to the SSD, I used this site to help me: https://www.howtogeek.com/97242/how-to-migrate-windows-7-to-a-solid-state-drive/ 

I read it and my hdd is 1TB and is full of games and apps so I can just wipe everything and start a new windows on the ssd and re download the app to the  hdd