What is my build worth

nhess

Hey guys I built a 2nd computer a while back and tried selling it on craigslist and got no hits. I had it at $425, which I thought was reasonable. Maybe price isn't the issue, who knows. Anyways here's the build info:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/sys/d/phoenix-rx-570-ryzen-5-gaming-computer/7034414574.html

Selling used budget gaming computer. I built it with a mix of used, new, and slightly used parts. The case, cpu, cpu cooler, ram, and mobo were all purchased in march of 2019. The power supply is brand new. The drives are several years old and I do not know about the gpu. It has been tested and works great. I have upgraded my own computer and no longer need the parts. If you are looking for a great 1080p machine then this is a good deal.

CPU - ryzen 5 1600 with deepcool gammaxx 400 air cooler. It is a 6 core/12 thread overclockable CPU
MOBO - gigabyte AB350m (x370 board)
RAM - Geil Evo Potenza 2x8gb 2666mhz
GPU - Asus ROG strix rx 570 4gb
power supply - NEW EVGA 500W Gold
Hard drive - 750gb WD BLUE
SSD - 120gb HP SATA (windows is installed) No license so if this is an issue let me know and I will get one.
CASE - DIYPC bg-01 ATX case

imo price is the issue. I wouldn't buy it for that much. In my area this kind of setup goes for around 320 - 350 usd or less.

Edited by noxdeouroboros

i can build that with new parts for $460. that's why no one is buying it for $425 new

I'm not an expert on selling but just my first impression.

It is not enough of a discount from the actual worth price to lure people to it.

If you know what I mean.

None of the parts in the system say to me, Hey there is a good deal part in here for the money. ?

Just my shopper opinion. ?

53 minutes ago, nhess said:

Selling used budget gaming computer. I built it with a mix of used, new, and slightly used parts. The case, cpu, cpu cooler, ram, and mobo were all purchased in march of 2019. The power supply is brand new. The drives are several years old and I do not know about the gpu. It has been tested and works great. I have upgraded my own computer and no longer need the parts. If you are looking for a great 1080p machine then this is a good deal.

Shrink the description a lot to look like this

The case, cpu, cooler, ram, and motherboard were all purchased in march of 2019. The power supply is brand new. The drives and gpu are also used. Great for 1080p gaming.

It has a lot less rambling and is super easy to understand.

Shrink the parts list as well

ryzen 5 1600 (with deepcool gammaxx 400)

Asus ROG strix rx 570 4gb

Geil Evo Potenza 2x8gb 2666mhz

gigabyte AB350m
EVGA 500W Gold (NEW) please list the model here, not just brand and rating
750gb WD Blue HDD + 120gb HP SATA SSD (windows is installed)
CDIYPC bg-01 ATX case

CPU, GPU, and ram, being the performance factors, are listed at the very top so people see them first to know what they're buying.

And list it for $400. If someone haggles you down to $370 or so, so be it.

And finally, don't just list it on Craigslist. Also used Letgo and Facebook market, because Craigslist isn't as active as it once was (it took them forever to get with the times, only just recently officially releasing a mobile app. Their site looks awful still.)

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad