1660 Ti Strix OC fans never stop

frozensun

Hellow friends.

Why on this card fans never stop,even in idle mode they work?

I switched both in Q and P mode fans work and GPU temp is only 28 C...

How can I make fans to stop when in idle (low gpu state)?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Hellow friends.

You can set a fan curve from the Asus software, if you can't then download Afterburner go to settings, tab fan and set a curve

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

You can set a fan curve from the Asus software, if you can't then download Afterburner go to settings, tab fan and set a curve

don't want to..by default fans should stop in idle mode...if that happened on my 3 y old card it should run the same on this card.

what software you talking about?gpu tweak II?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman_Wil said:

What does your cooling situation look like for your whole PC?

Perfect,case is side opened..what does that have to do with fan stop on GPU? :D

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Perfect,case is side opened..what does that have to do with fan stop on GPU? :D

If your PC isn't moving enough of the hot air out, that could contribute to a higher than normal GPU temperature and would explain why the fans may not stop. I'm curious what the temps are on your GPU.

17 minutes ago, frozensun said:

don't want to..by default fans should stop in idle mode...if that happened on my 3 y old card it should run the same on this card.

what software you talking about?gpu tweak II?

The ASUS software is called Asus fan x_pert 4

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman_Wil said:

If your PC isn't moving enough of the hot air out, that could contribute to a higher than normal GPU temperature and would explain why the fans may not stop. I'm curious what the temps are on your GPU.

:D are you blind,read the first post? gpu=28 C

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

The ASUS software is called Asus fan x_pert 4

that software is for setting fans speed of fans connected to MoBo not for GPU my friend...

5 minutes ago, frozensun said:

that software is for setting fans speed of fans connected to MoBo not for GPU my friend...

Ok then, I suggest you to download afterburner to check a least if the Fans stop, or it is a hardware problem 

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Ok then, I suggest you to download afterburner to check a list if the Fans stop, or it is a hardware problem 

I won't listen to you since you are giving false statements...you need to learn my friend...

think twice before you write something...

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

Hellow friends.

Not all gpus supports 0rpm fan mode. This is from asus website

Quiet mode keeps the same power target and top-end settings, but offers a less aggressive fan curve for quieter operation at medium temps. For even more customisation and control, check out our GPU Tweak II software.”

So maybe check gpu tweak

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

5 minutes ago, Whiro said:

Not all gpus supports 0rpm fan mode. This is from asus website

Quiet mode keeps the same power target and top-end settings, but offers a less aggressive fan curve for quieter operation at medium temps. For even more customisation and control, check out our GPU Tweak II software.”

So maybe check gpu tweak

installed gpu tweak and actually it's a weird one,an option 0dB fan Mode sometimes dissapears,and even when I set it ON the fans keep spinning..

It's not the GPU that matters,it's the cooling solution,I know all Strix models have fanless mode,at least my good old R9 390 Strix had..and that card is 3 years old...

• 1 month later...

I've set the fan custom curve but as you can see fans won't stop even at 29-30 C GPU temp.

What's the catch?

Seems like MSI AB and Strix card doesn't cooperate as needed...:/

Screen Shot 02-28-20 at 08.59 PM.PNG