Fiio E12 Noisy while charging

azami88

Hi, my Fiio E12 emits some background noise (kind of white noise) if used while being charged by a wall outlet powered charger but is dead silent when charged by a powerbank. thus leading me to think the Fiio is fine as long as the power is clean. 

Is there any way to clean up the power of a wall outlet connected Charger? (tried an anker usb hub and a phone charger with no results) 

3 minutes ago, azami88 said:

Hi, my Fiio E12 emits some background noise (kind of white noise) if used while being charged by a wall outlet powered charger but is dead silent when charged by a powerbank. thus leading me to think the Fiio is fine as long as the power is clean. 

Is there any way to clean up the power of a wall outlet connected Charger? (tried an anker usb hub and a phone charger with no results) 

maybe a power conditioner short of that I'm not sure tbh 

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

3 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

maybe a power conditioner short of that I'm not sure tbh 

Thanks, It's way overkill for my setup, although the idea is good and could work

Just now, azami88 said:

Thanks, It's way overkill for my setup, although the idea is good and could work

np Thats about the only idea I can think of (not sure if it'll work though)

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

6 hours ago, azami88 said:

You can get pretty cheap ones, not all of them are uber high end audiophile things with 32A speakon outputs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tacima-6-Way-Mains-Conditioner-black/dp/B00UB0G4DQ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2WQNMNS1BDHLJ&keywords=tacima+conditioner&qid=1579641853&sprefix=tacima+condit%2Caps%2C147&sr=8-1

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 10:24 PM, Derkoli said:

Oh thank you, sorry for seeing this late.

Some people claim it to have cleaned their sound outputs, might be worth trying

8 hours ago, azami88 said:

Oh thank you, sorry for seeing this late.

Some people claim it to have cleaned their sound outputs, might be worth trying

Yeah I use one of them for low power-draw stuff and it helps clean stuff up, my Loxjie P20 benefits no end from it, just lowers the noise floor.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)