Monitor won't show Windows with DisplayPort

MrCosta96

My PC specs: 1660 Super, 2600x, Gigabyte B450M DS3H and 2x8GB 3000MHz RAM.

I got this monitor 1 month ago, its called Matrics M24 (just a portuguese rebrand of the Bezel 24M241F which seems to be a rebrand of the VIOTEK GN24C). It's a 24" 1080p 144Hz Freesync screen.

I loaded up a game and the monitor literally black screened and said "No Signal". Restarted PC and noticed just as Windows starts loading, image disappears. I can go into UEFI/BIOS just fine with DP.

Things I've tried:

-I tried HDMI at 144Hz and it works just fine but then I can't use Freesync.

-Plugging DP and HDMI to the same monitor. If I turn on PC with HDMI only and then plug in DP, it works but the image is VERY greyed out. As soon as I change bit color, it no longer shows up. I think it's the monitor port. Haven't tried a new DP cable because I don't have one and this monitor is literally the only thing I have at home that works with DP.

-Tried powering off Monitor and PC for a few minutes because apparently that's one of the solutions, doesn't work

Try booting into safe mode, uninstalling your display drivers, and starting fresh with them.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

8 minutes ago, Semper said:

Try booting into safe mode, uninstalling your display drivers, and starting fresh with them.

Thanks, will try that later. I must say I have tried booting into safe mode with DP and not even then it worked.

2 minutes ago, MrCosta96 said:

Thanks, will try that later. I must say I have tried booting into safe mode with DP and not even then it worked.

Would you happen to have another monitor you're able to test the card with (DP and/or HDMI), see if it gives you the same results? If you've any friends you can borrow another TV/monitor from that has a DP input, see if you're able to test your card out as well.

Given that you're able to get into your UEFI without issue, It leads me to believe it's significantly more likely that it's a software issue.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

5 minutes ago, Semper said:

Would you happen to have another monitor you're able to test the card with (DP and/or HDMI), see if it gives you the same results? If you've any friends you can borrow another TV/monitor from that has a DP input, see if you're able to test your card out as well.

Given that you're able to get into your UEFI without issue, It leads me to believe it's significantly more likely that it's a software issue.

Unfortunately no, everyone I know only really has TV's/Monitors with HDMI.

I will try to do a DDU and then see what's up. I just wanted to make sure I did everything I could in my way before RMA'ing.

2 hours ago, Semper said:

Ok, so I just did a DDU. When using Microsoft's Basic Display Adapter, on low resolution, DP works fine. As soon as I installed Nvidia's drivers, it shit the bed while HDMI always works.

Tried a TV+Monitor setup. HDMI on TV, DP on Monitor. It will work on both but if monitor is running higher than 60Hz, won't work and like before, color is very washed. However, if I duplicate screens (instead of extending), it... works fine? Even on the same monitor. If I have HDMI and DP connected to the same GPU and same monitor, duplicating works well.

Could it be a Windows issue?

On 1/21/2020 at 7:20 AM, MrCosta96 said:

Ok, so I just did a DDU. When using Microsoft's Basic Display Adapter, on low resolution, DP works fine. As soon as I installed Nvidia's drivers, it shit the bed while HDMI always works.

Tried a TV+Monitor setup. HDMI on TV, DP on Monitor. It will work on both but if monitor is running higher than 60Hz, won't work and like before, color is very washed. However, if I duplicate screens (instead of extending), it... works fine? Even on the same monitor. If I have HDMI and DP connected to the same GPU and same monitor, duplicating works well.

Could it be a Windows issue?

Apologies, I got called into work early Tuesday morning, worked a double shift. I suppose it's possible that it's a windows issue, but it would be the first I've personally experienced where it lied at a higher level than driver complications.

Unfortunately, I think this one is beyond me. I don't have any suggestions for where to go next, your findings weren't at all what I would expect in any normal capacity. I still find it significantly more likely that it's a software or GPU-side hardware (which I still find less likely than software, mind you) issue rather than with the monitor itself.