"Homestation" - 3900x x570 Queries - *Need* recommendations!

RavenSight

Hello everyone! 

1. Budget & Location

Budget is not much of a constraint as it's funds already secured + work related

2. Aim

Programming/developing as well as photography/videography related projects are my main goals towards this.
I'd like to not say gaming, but lets be honest haha. Overwatch---->Cyberpunk 2077 and some VR as well (Vive pro)
Although, more work less play is my general train of thought at the moment. 

1. Davinci resolve
  2. Adobe Premiere/AE
  3. Visual Studio
  4. Jetbrains IDEs
  5. MATLAB
  6. AutoCAD...etc

3. Monitors

At the moment Im using a beautiful 4k 60hz samsung display, however I might purchase a second monitor at 1440p 144hz~165hz depending on budget or perhaps in a month or so. As mentioned, gaming isn't the #1 priority

4. Peripherals

Ive got keyboards, mice, wireless headphones and earbuds so I'm pretty much set

5. Why are you upgrading?

I've had a 4790k 980ti OC'd, that got damaged when my place was caught in a blaze. Now I'm using a 5820k coupled with MSI GTX 1070 2133MHz but I've had quite a few problems.

I think its probably aging components. This desktop has been through a lot (and it didnt just sit on my desk, its been through huge corporate projects and the like, so its not just a gaming rig). 2133Mhz ram OC'd to 2433MHz. CPU OC'd to 4.8GHz/4.7GHz 3/3 cores and graphics OC'd to 1850MHz/ 8558 memory. It *does* run everything rather fine but when it comes to 4k 60p video editing or higher requirements for bit-rates and whatnot it starts to fall behind. Theres been also issues with some shut downs (and I've tried with lesser OC and at times, I've had more shutdowns than normal).Bluetooth connecting/Wifi connecting to it sometimes plays up the sound and shuts some USBs off. I cant use all the USB ports and/or Audios as it simply (I think) can't handle more than 6~ USBs utilized as well as BT/WIFI even though it's mainly connected to an ethernet to my Nighthawk M2 router.No troubleshooting has really helped, I think it's really a limitation of the board/CPU.

ATM it's at 4.6Ghz all cores and been running alright but still, its past its time especially when considering that it's actively being utilized for work. It's my daily driver and I do most things on it from browsing to messaging and everything else in between (why look down my small smartphone screen when I can just use a bigger, better screen is my reasoning)

But that's beside the point, My main concerns are the 3900x, the motherboard, the Bluetooth/Sound built in and the GPU. I've thoroughly tried to look into this from 10s of reviews on EACH and I'm at a loss.

The cooler, I'm thinking of going for an EK water cooling kit (CPU only?or should I opt for GPU as well? it's more for aesthetics than it is for usability, otherwise I'd go for an AIO most likely) 

First, will I benefit from the 3900x?From what benchmarks and reviews I looked at, it performs similarly to 3700x but scores higher in say, Cinebench. But what does it translate to in real world usage? Will the timelines be bottle-necked with a lesser CPU? I mean the 3900x is pretty much as good as it reasonably gets, so if I could shave off a few hundred $ I wouldn't mind but if there is benefit from the cores to say my editing requirements then I'll stick with it.

Second, The motherboard. Im hoping if anyone has experience with this I could get some information about it maintaining connections and if theres anything thats commonly overlooked within its BIOS/Feature set that brings it down, but I've settled on choosing this mainly for the price point and that it seems to me that its not missing anything (PCIE 4.0, sound...etc) Otherwise I can opt for the non-wifi module and get a wifi/bt pcie card instead of the 100$ premium for a crosshair or Strix variant? thoughts?

Third, The ram, the 3600MHz variants and the price point its not that much different from non-rgb kits and if I get some hate for that so be it, I want this to be aesthetically pleasing so I might as well go for it if I'm spending this much whats another 20~40$.

Lastly, The GPU is also to go along with the motherboard but I'm reading reviews that its probably the worst GPU in the 5700 xt category. I'm open to purchasing the 5700 xt by power color or even the 2070 Super but I find that it's just easier to stay with AMD as all the system configuration can be done within one suite and its less hassle. I'd like this to be running as soon as possible in all honesty. RGB and all set up should be done within the day I get the parts so thats a non-issue. And if I need to, I dont mind upgrading to an upcoming GPU releasing this year, my system is basically dying and its had quite a the use. Any advice is welcomed here regards to anything from usage/parts/managing whatever and sorry for the long post but I thought I should mention all relevant details to any responders!

P.S a long time fan/lurker of the forums and channels~

Component   Selection Price  
CPU     AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor $493.00 Buy
Thermal Compound     Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 1g 1 g Thermal Paste $5.98 Buy
Motherboard     Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard $189.99 Buy
Memory     G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory $186.99 Buy
Storage     Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $179.98 Buy
Video Card     Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB TUF Gaming X3 OC Video Card $369.99 Buy
Case     NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case $99.99 Buy
Power Supply     Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $119.99 Buy
Case Accessory     NZXT HUE 2 RGB Lighting Kit LED Controller $49.99 Buy
Total: $1695.90  

If I opt for a 3700x and few other changes, it'll bring it down to around 1300~1500$ mark but again, it's less about budgeting and more about performance/efficiency with a touch of aesthetics.

I think the 3900x is a good choice for your use case and won't need to be replaced as soon as the 3700x would be. I'd say it's slightly better in more games than the 3900x, but I'd have to go and look at all the 3900x reviews to know for sure.  I don't have the time right now. 

I'd go with the 2070 super, downloading and installing the drivers for the NVIDIA card is just like downloading and installing the drivers for the AMD card.  And I'd get the reference design from NVIDIA, but I really like the design and the materials used for the card.  The thick aluminum backplate is quite nice. 

System looks good, but does ASUS really charge a $100 premium just for the WiFi?  I know Gigabyte doesn't, and the Pro vs Pro WiFi is like $10 difference I think.  The case is terrible tho as it has almost zero airflow cos of the front panel.  Looks great, but the 3900x is gonna need some air to keep it cool.  I have a 3700x on a Auros Pro WiFi X570 and am very happy with it.  Run a few VMs, play a few emulators, use cHrOmE... Sweetspot for Ryzen atm is also 3600MHz RAM so that's good.

Whether a 3700x is enough for your needs or you need 50% more cores and threads, only you can decide.  If you do go for a 3700x, you could do yourself a solid and get the RMx PSUs instead.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($492.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Scythe FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($164.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: OLOy 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  ($499.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($86.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1653.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-21 08:06 EST-0500

some changes to the build

I'll recommend something like this instead...

Wouldn't recommend an aftermarket cooler because the stock cooler does a fine job.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($492.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Pioneer 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING X Video Card  ($409.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.99 @ Walmart) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($83.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1549.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-21 08:31 EST-0500

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W