Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GamerBlake

Anyone ever install a Cooler Master ML360R 360mm AIO?

Recommended Posts

Posted Original PosterOP

I鈥檓 installing mine and kinda confused with聽so聽many parts compared to the other AIOs I鈥檝e used. 馃槼

So I鈥檓 hoping someone, somewhere, at sometime has installed one of these since I鈥檓 sure I鈥檒l have a few questions. 馃


CPU:聽i7 8700K (5.1聽GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mm.聽GPU:聽EVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti.聽PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151.聽RAM: 32GB聽Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB聽(3600聽MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue.聽CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz.聽Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset.聽Keyboard:聽Razer Cynosa Chroma.聽Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite.聽Webcam:聽Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never installed one, but just grab the parts relevant to your platform (Intel or AMD), decide if you want the fans as push or pull and decide where you want to mount the radiator too.

Think about how the cables can best be routed away and just read through the manual before building/installing:

https://coolermaster.egnyte.com/dl/q6AT6rqK0g/

And of course if you have any questions, you can ask on this forum


"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

"Roses are dead - Violets too - Outside i'm smiling - Inside i'm dying"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, minibois said:

Never installed one, but just grab the parts relevant to your platform (Intel or AMD), decide if you want the fans as push or pull and decide where you want to mount the radiator too.

Think about how the cables can best be routed away and just read through the manual before building/installing:

https://coolermaster.egnyte.com/dl/q6AT6rqK0g/

And of course if you have any questions, you can ask on this forum

Unlike my other AIOs this one doesn鈥檛 have stickers showing which parts are Intel and which are AMD so I have a ton of parts that I don鈥檛 even know if I鈥檒l need or not.

So far I鈥檝e taken out my old AIO and front 3 fans and now I鈥檓 cleaning the paste off my cpu but I just have a feeling, like with previous AIOs, that I鈥檒l run into something that confuses the heck out of me.

I just wanted to know if someone else has already done this so I can send a quick DM if that happens.

P.S. Q-tip + Isopropyl alcohol will safely clean paste of a cpu right? Like if I鈥檓 careful.

image.jpg


CPU:聽i7 8700K (5.1聽GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mm.聽GPU:聽EVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti.聽PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151.聽RAM: 32GB聽Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB聽(3600聽MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue.聽CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz.聽Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset.聽Keyboard:聽Razer Cynosa Chroma.聽Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite.聽Webcam:聽Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GamerBlake said:

Unlike my other AIOs this one doesn鈥檛 have stickers showing which parts are Intel and which are AMD so I have a ton of parts that I don鈥檛 even know if I鈥檒l need or not.

So far I鈥檝e taken out my old AIO and front 3 fans and now I鈥檓 cleaning the paste off my cpu but I just have a feeling, like with previous AIOs, that I鈥檒l run into something that confuses the heck out of me.

I just wanted to know if someone else has already done this so I can send a quick DM if that happens.

P.S. Q-tip + Isopropyl alcohol will safely clean paste of a cpu right? Like if I鈥檓 careful.

Alcohol + Q tip is fine, but a paper towel + alcohol is probably easier. Just be sure with either option there is no residue left.

You need the hardware shown in steps 6, 7, and 8. Install the cables as shown in steps 14 and 15.聽

But first you install the radiator as shown in step 4聽 and of course apply the thermal paste before mounting the cooler.


"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

"Roses are dead - Violets too - Outside i'm smiling - Inside i'm dying"

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just installed mine a few months ago, and still have the box right behind me right now.聽 What are you currently stuck with?聽 The manual is pretty clear on what you need tho.

Edited by Samfisher

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, Samfisher said:

I just installed mine a few months ago, and still have the box right behind me right now.聽 What are you currently stuck with?聽 The manual is pretty clear on what you need tho.

Right now I鈥檓 stuck with the cables.

There are SO many and cables have to be installed into other cables and then pins have to be installed to some cables before installing them into other cables but first some cables have to be installed into the motherboard first. 馃槶


CPU:聽i7 8700K (5.1聽GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mm.聽GPU:聽EVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti.聽PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151.聽RAM: 32GB聽Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB聽(3600聽MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue.聽CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz.聽Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset.聽Keyboard:聽Razer Cynosa Chroma.聽Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite.聽Webcam:聽Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, minibois said:

Alcohol + Q tip is fine, but a paper towel + alcohol is probably easier. Just be sure with either option there is no residue left.

You need the hardware shown in steps 6, 7, and 8. Install the cables as shown in steps 14 and 15.聽

But first you install the radiator as shown in step 4聽 and of course apply the thermal paste before mounting the cooler.

So far I鈥檝e got the radiator installed and the thermal paste applied and the pump installed but it鈥檚 the cable setup that鈥檚 driving me crazy. There are sooo many cables before even counting the fan cables.


CPU:聽i7 8700K (5.1聽GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mm.聽GPU:聽EVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti.聽PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151.聽RAM: 32GB聽Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB聽(3600聽MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue.聽CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz.聽Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset.聽Keyboard:聽Razer Cynosa Chroma.聽Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite.聽Webcam:聽Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

So far I鈥檝e got the radiator installed and the thermal paste applied and the pump installed but it鈥檚 the cable setup that鈥檚 driving me crazy. There are sooo many cables before even counting the fan cables.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ef8db12e4426c11561dfe729da6e0246.png

Doesn't seem like a too complicated cable setup.

Your fans have two leads, one of them plugs in one splitter cable, the other cable in the other splitter. One of the splitter goes into a fan header on your board, the other splitter goes to the RGB controller.

Your pump block has a similar deal. One of the cables goes into your CPU_fan header and the other to the RGB hub itself.

The fan hub has a couple different ways it looks like it can work. Like the reset switch header option, USB option, 4 pin RGB.. etc.

Just keep in mind that controller needs SATA power too.


"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

"Roses are dead - Violets too - Outside i'm smiling - Inside i'm dying"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, minibois said:
Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.ef8db12e4426c11561dfe729da6e0246.png

Doesn't seem like a too complicated cable setup.

Your fans have two leads, one of them plugs in one splitter cable, the other cable in the other splitter. One of the splitter goes into a fan header on your board, the other splitter goes to the RGB controller.

Your pump block has a similar deal. One of the cables goes into your CPU_fan header and the other to the RGB hub itself.

The fan hub has a couple different ways it looks like it can work. Like the reset switch header option, USB option, 4 pin RGB.. etc.

Just keep in mind that controller needs SATA power too.

You don鈥檛 think that鈥檚 complicated? 馃く

There are parts they gave me that aren鈥檛 even in the instructions. I followed all the instructions and still have 3 cables left because the instructions aren鈥檛 clear.


CPU:聽i7 8700K (5.1聽GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mm.聽GPU:聽EVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti.聽PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151.聽RAM: 32GB聽Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB聽(3600聽MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue.聽CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz.聽Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset.聽Keyboard:聽Razer Cynosa Chroma.聽Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite.聽Webcam:聽Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

You don鈥檛 think that鈥檚 complicated? 馃く

There are parts they gave me that aren鈥檛 even in the instructions. I followed all the instructions and still have 3 cables left because the instructions aren鈥檛 clear.

I've set up a couple Corsair RGB machines, which this is pretty similar to聽xD

Spoiler

XSDWsneh.png

The cables might be mentioned on page 15

Which cables do you have left?


"those times will never come back :("

"I wish I could find a way to end the pain, other than the way I keep thinking of"

"Roses are dead - Violets too - Outside i'm smiling - Inside i'm dying"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GamerBlake said:

Right now I鈥檓 stuck with the cables.

There are SO many and cables have to be installed into other cables and then pins have to be installed to some cables before installing them into other cables but first some cables have to be installed into the motherboard first. 馃槶

The cables with like notches are for the fans, they go into the mobo or a splitter to join all 3 together so you only use 1 mobo header.聽 The one with 4 holes and an arrow is for ARGB, use the included splitter (IIRC there is one) and that goes into 1 ARGB header on the mobo.聽 Done :D


QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

The cables with like notches are for the fans, they go into the mobo or a splitter to join all 3 together so you only use 1 mobo header.聽 The one with 4 holes and an arrow is for ARGB, use the included splitter (IIRC there is one) and that goes into 1 ARGB header on the mobo.聽 Done :D

19 minutes ago, minibois said:

I've set up a couple Corsair RGB machines, which this is pretty similar to聽xD

Reveal hidden contents

XSDWsneh.png

The cables might be mentioned on page 15

Which cables do you have left?

Ugh well I just had to take everything out of my computer 馃槶..

I hate pictographs for instructions :/. Idk why they couldn鈥檛 just label each cable physically on the cable instead of bad drawings with no written words for instructions.

image.jpg


CPU:聽i7 8700K (5.1聽GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mm.聽GPU:聽EVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti.聽PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151.聽RAM: 32GB聽Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB聽(3600聽MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue.聽CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz.聽Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset.聽Keyboard:聽Razer Cynosa Chroma.聽Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite.聽Webcam:聽Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

Ugh well I just had to take everything out of my computer 馃槶..

I hate pictographs for instructions :/. Idk why they couldn鈥檛 just label each cable physically on the cable instead of bad drawings with no written words for instructions.

Are you intentionally going for a front exhaust?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fan exhaust out the side with the bracket/brace across it.聽 Best would be to flip the fans around, and while you're at it rotate them so the cables are on the other side, facing the back of the motherboard instead of facing outwards towards the side panel like it is now.聽 All fan connectors look the same so if you've seen one you've seen them all, you won't get confused with the ARGB cables.


QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, For Science! said:

Are you intentionally going for a front exhaust?

No front intake back exhaust.


CPU:聽i7 8700K (5.1聽GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mm.聽GPU:聽EVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti.聽PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151.聽RAM: 32GB聽Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB聽(3600聽MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue.聽CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz.聽Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset.聽Keyboard:聽Razer Cynosa Chroma.聽Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite.聽Webcam:聽Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
19 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Fan exhaust out the side with the bracket/brace across it.聽 Best would be to flip the fans around, and while you're at it rotate them so the cables are on the other side, facing the back of the motherboard instead of facing outwards towards the side panel like it is now.聽 All fan connectors look the same so if you've seen one you've seen them all, you won't get confused with the ARGB cables.

Look at all these cables! 馃槶

& That鈥檚 not even counting the cables attached to the fan.

06779EFD-D00B-4C70-8FB7-3D7ADF7E4683.jpeg


CPU:聽i7 8700K (5.1聽GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mm.聽GPU:聽EVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti.聽PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151.聽RAM: 32GB聽Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB聽(3600聽MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue.聽CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz.聽Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset.聽Keyboard:聽Razer Cynosa Chroma.聽Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite.聽Webcam:聽Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

No front intake back exhaust.

Well, in this photo you posted it is in a front exhaust configuration, so as a minimum you need to flip the fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Well, in this photo you posted it is in a front exhaust configuration, so as a minimum you need to flip the fans.

I could鈥檝e sworn Jay or Linus or someone said the side with the fan blades attached to the center piece is the way the air will blow 馃.

They should really put arrows on these fans.

Ive seen lots of videos where everyone talks about how there are arrows but my Corsair LL120 AND these fans both don鈥檛 have arrows.

I can always change the fans later right now it鈥檚 the insane cable setup that鈥檚 driving me nuts. It鈥檚 like CM purposely added unnecessary cables just to f**k with noobs. 馃槼


CPU:聽i7 8700K (5.1聽GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mm.聽GPU:聽EVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti.聽PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151.聽RAM: 32GB聽Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB聽(3600聽MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue.聽CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz.聽Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset.聽Keyboard:聽Razer Cynosa Chroma.聽Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite.聽Webcam:聽Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
24 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Fan exhaust out the side with the bracket/brace across it.聽 Best would be to flip the fans around, and while you're at it rotate them so the cables are on the other side, facing the back of the motherboard instead of facing outwards towards the side panel like it is now.聽 All fan connectors look the same so if you've seen one you've seen them all, you won't get confused with the ARGB cables.

Do I need聽all聽the cables that come with this kit or are there some that are only needed for certain types of setups?

I feel like some of them might not be necessary and if I could reduce the number of cables it would be more manageable.


CPU:聽i7 8700K (5.1聽GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mm.聽GPU:聽EVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti.聽PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151.聽RAM: 32GB聽Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB聽(3600聽MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue.聽CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz.聽Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset.聽Keyboard:聽Razer Cynosa Chroma.聽Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite.聽Webcam:聽Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, minibois said:

I've set up a couple Corsair RGB machines, which this is pretty similar to聽xD

Reveal hidden contents

XSDWsneh.png

The cables might be mentioned on page 15

Which cables do you have left?

I set up my Corsair LL120 rgb fans and I had to use the Lightning node thing but the number of cables with this thing is insane.

Theres even a full size USB plugin that I have no idea what it鈥檚 for. Like why would an AIO need a USB 3.0 port?


CPU:聽i7 8700K (5.1聽GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mm.聽GPU:聽EVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti.聽PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151.聽RAM: 32GB聽Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB聽(3600聽MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue.聽CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz.聽Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset.聽Keyboard:聽Razer Cynosa Chroma.聽Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite.聽Webcam:聽Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GamerBlake said:

I set up my Corsair LL120 rgb fans and I had to use the Lightning node thing but the number of cables with this thing is insane.

Theres even a full size USB plugin that I have no idea what it鈥檚 for. Like why would an AIO need a USB 3.0 port?

For the hub controller.聽 Which you don't need.聽 All you need is 3ARGB cables from fans into ARGB splitter, 3 fan cables into fan splitter, which means only 2 cables go to your mobo.聽 Ignore the hub box and everything else.聽 ARGB goes to the big bunch of cables in the middle in your pic, fans go to the one directly on the right of it, the small one with the brown header and exposed yellow cables.聽 Chuck everything else into the box.


QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now