Anyone ever install a Cooler Master ML360R 360mm AIO?

I’m installing mine and kinda confused with so many parts compared to the other AIOs I’ve used. ?

So I’m hoping someone, somewhere, at sometime has installed one of these since I’m sure I’ll have a few questions. ? 

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

Never installed one, but just grab the parts relevant to your platform (Intel or AMD), decide if you want the fans as push or pull and decide where you want to mount the radiator too.

Think about how the cables can best be routed away and just read through the manual before building/installing:

https://coolermaster.egnyte.com/dl/q6AT6rqK0g/

And of course if you have any questions, you can ask on this forum

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Never installed one, but just grab the parts relevant to your platform (Intel or AMD), decide if you want the fans as push or pull and decide where you want to mount the radiator too.

Think about how the cables can best be routed away and just read through the manual before building/installing:

https://coolermaster.egnyte.com/dl/q6AT6rqK0g/

And of course if you have any questions, you can ask on this forum

Unlike my other AIOs this one doesn’t have stickers showing which parts are Intel and which are AMD so I have a ton of parts that I don’t even know if I’ll need or not.

So far I’ve taken out my old AIO and front 3 fans and now I’m cleaning the paste off my cpu but I just have a feeling, like with previous AIOs, that I’ll run into something that confuses the heck out of me.

I just wanted to know if someone else has already done this so I can send a quick DM if that happens.

P.S. Q-tip + Isopropyl alcohol will safely clean paste of a cpu right? Like if I’m careful.

image.jpg

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

1 minute ago, GamerBlake said:

Unlike my other AIOs this one doesn’t have stickers showing which parts are Intel and which are AMD so I have a ton of parts that I don’t even know if I’ll need or not.

So far I’ve taken out my old AIO and front 3 fans and now I’m cleaning the paste off my cpu but I just have a feeling, like with previous AIOs, that I’ll run into something that confuses the heck out of me.

I just wanted to know if someone else has already done this so I can send a quick DM if that happens.

P.S. Q-tip + Isopropyl alcohol will safely clean paste of a cpu right? Like if I’m careful.

Alcohol + Q tip is fine, but a paper towel + alcohol is probably easier. Just be sure with either option there is no residue left.

You need the hardware shown in steps 6, 7, and 8. Install the cables as shown in steps 14 and 15. 

But first you install the radiator as shown in step 4  and of course apply the thermal paste before mounting the cooler.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I just installed mine a few months ago, and still have the box right behind me right now.  What are you currently stuck with?  The manual is pretty clear on what you need tho.

Edited by Samfisher

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

2 hours ago, Samfisher said:

I just installed mine a few months ago, and still have the box right behind me right now.  What are you currently stuck with?  The manual is pretty clear on what you need tho.

Right now I’m stuck with the cables.

There are SO many and cables have to be installed into other cables and then pins have to be installed to some cables before installing them into other cables but first some cables have to be installed into the motherboard first. ? 

2 hours ago, minibois said:

Alcohol + Q tip is fine, but a paper towel + alcohol is probably easier. Just be sure with either option there is no residue left.

You need the hardware shown in steps 6, 7, and 8. Install the cables as shown in steps 14 and 15. 

But first you install the radiator as shown in step 4  and of course apply the thermal paste before mounting the cooler.

So far I’ve got the radiator installed and the thermal paste applied and the pump installed but it’s the cable setup that’s driving me crazy. There are sooo many cables before even counting the fan cables.

39 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

So far I’ve got the radiator installed and the thermal paste applied and the pump installed but it’s the cable setup that’s driving me crazy. There are sooo many cables before even counting the fan cables.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ef8db12e4426c11561dfe729da6e0246.png

Doesn't seem like a too complicated cable setup.

Your fans have two leads, one of them plugs in one splitter cable, the other cable in the other splitter. One of the splitter goes into a fan header on your board, the other splitter goes to the RGB controller.

Your pump block has a similar deal. One of the cables goes into your CPU_fan header and the other to the RGB hub itself.

The fan hub has a couple different ways it looks like it can work. Like the reset switch header option, USB option, 4 pin RGB.. etc.

Just keep in mind that controller needs SATA power too.

2 minutes ago, minibois said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.ef8db12e4426c11561dfe729da6e0246.png

Doesn't seem like a too complicated cable setup.

Your fans have two leads, one of them plugs in one splitter cable, the other cable in the other splitter. One of the splitter goes into a fan header on your board, the other splitter goes to the RGB controller.

Your pump block has a similar deal. One of the cables goes into your CPU_fan header and the other to the RGB hub itself.

The fan hub has a couple different ways it looks like it can work. Like the reset switch header option, USB option, 4 pin RGB.. etc.

Just keep in mind that controller needs SATA power too.

You don’t think that’s complicated? ?

There are parts they gave me that aren’t even in the instructions. I followed all the instructions and still have 3 cables left because the instructions aren’t clear.

4 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

You don’t think that’s complicated? ?

There are parts they gave me that aren’t even in the instructions. I followed all the instructions and still have 3 cables left because the instructions aren’t clear.

I've set up a couple Corsair RGB machines, which this is pretty similar to xD

Spoiler

XSDWsneh.png

The cables might be mentioned on page 15

Which cables do you have left?

1 hour ago, GamerBlake said:

Right now I’m stuck with the cables.

There are SO many and cables have to be installed into other cables and then pins have to be installed to some cables before installing them into other cables but first some cables have to be installed into the motherboard first. ? 

The cables with like notches are for the fans, they go into the mobo or a splitter to join all 3 together so you only use 1 mobo header.  The one with 4 holes and an arrow is for ARGB, use the included splitter (IIRC there is one) and that goes into 1 ARGB header on the mobo.  Done :D

3 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

The cables with like notches are for the fans, they go into the mobo or a splitter to join all 3 together so you only use 1 mobo header.  The one with 4 holes and an arrow is for ARGB, use the included splitter (IIRC there is one) and that goes into 1 ARGB header on the mobo.  Done :D

19 minutes ago, minibois said:

Reveal hidden contents

XSDWsneh.png

Ugh well I just had to take everything out of my computer ?..

I hate pictographs for instructions :/. Idk why they couldn’t just label each cable physically on the cable instead of bad drawings with no written words for instructions.

image.jpg

22 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

Ugh well I just had to take everything out of my computer ?..

I hate pictographs for instructions :/. Idk why they couldn’t just label each cable physically on the cable instead of bad drawings with no written words for instructions.

Are you intentionally going for a front exhaust?

Fan exhaust out the side with the bracket/brace across it.  Best would be to flip the fans around, and while you're at it rotate them so the cables are on the other side, facing the back of the motherboard instead of facing outwards towards the side panel like it is now.  All fan connectors look the same so if you've seen one you've seen them all, you won't get confused with the ARGB cables.

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

Are you intentionally going for a front exhaust?

No front intake back exhaust.

19 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Fan exhaust out the side with the bracket/brace across it.  Best would be to flip the fans around, and while you're at it rotate them so the cables are on the other side, facing the back of the motherboard instead of facing outwards towards the side panel like it is now.  All fan connectors look the same so if you've seen one you've seen them all, you won't get confused with the ARGB cables.

Look at all these cables! ? 

& That’s not even counting the cables attached to the fan.

06779EFD-D00B-4C70-8FB7-3D7ADF7E4683.jpeg

2 minutes ago, GamerBlake said:

No front intake back exhaust.

Well, in this photo you posted it is in a front exhaust configuration, so as a minimum you need to flip the fans.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Well, in this photo you posted it is in a front exhaust configuration, so as a minimum you need to flip the fans.

I could’ve sworn Jay or Linus or someone said the side with the fan blades attached to the center piece is the way the air will blow ?.

They should really put arrows on these fans.

Ive seen lots of videos where everyone talks about how there are arrows but my Corsair LL120 AND these fans both don’t have arrows.

I can always change the fans later right now it’s the insane cable setup that’s driving me nuts. It’s like CM purposely added unnecessary cables just to f**k with noobs. ?

24 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Do I need all the cables that come with this kit or are there some that are only needed for certain types of setups?

I feel like some of them might not be necessary and if I could reduce the number of cables it would be more manageable.

2 hours ago, minibois said:

Reveal hidden contents

XSDWsneh.png

I set up my Corsair LL120 rgb fans and I had to use the Lightning node thing but the number of cables with this thing is insane.

Theres even a full size USB plugin that I have no idea what it’s for. Like why would an AIO need a USB 3.0 port?

7 hours ago, GamerBlake said:

I set up my Corsair LL120 rgb fans and I had to use the Lightning node thing but the number of cables with this thing is insane.

Theres even a full size USB plugin that I have no idea what it’s for. Like why would an AIO need a USB 3.0 port?

For the hub controller.  Which you don't need.  All you need is 3ARGB cables from fans into ARGB splitter, 3 fan cables into fan splitter, which means only 2 cables go to your mobo.  Ignore the hub box and everything else.  ARGB goes to the big bunch of cables in the middle in your pic, fans go to the one directly on the right of it, the small one with the brown header and exposed yellow cables.  Chuck everything else into the box.