Hackintosh Razer Blade Stealth 1650

I would like to know if anyone has successfully created a hackintosh with the Razer Blade Stealth with the GTX 1650. (working means iMessage, etc.) If so, I was wondering if you could create a guide on how to do it. I am looking to try and dual-boot Windows and MacOS on the laptop I am getting, but I am not sure if it will work on this device, so I don't want to buy the laptop until I am sure it will work. Thx ahead of time.

82649819_518262342142589_973216151637065728_n.png

25 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

They do not allow Hackintosh tutorials here. I would Assume based on the hardware of the laptop, it wouldnt work.

On 8/27/2018 at 3:44 PM, Whiskers said:

Community Standards

• Any discussion on how to engage in piracy is not allowed, including the discussion of hacking or cracking.
    • Discussion of piracy in general is acceptable (e.g. "Game X becomes the most pirated game ever").
    • Hackintosh discussion is permitted.
    • Redistribution of copyrighted software, including links to third party hosting sites, is not permitted.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

44 minutes ago, Ender.Kaina said:

I would like to know if anyone has successfully created a hackintosh with the Razer Blade Stealth with the GTX 1650. (working means iMessage, etc.) If so, I was wondering if you could create a guide on how to do it. I am looking to try and dual-boot Windows and MacOS on the laptop I am getting, but I am not sure if it will work on this device, so I don't want to buy the laptop until I am sure it will work. Thx ahead of time.

It will work, although you will likely need to run it in a VM on top of Linux if you plan to take advantage of the 1650. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

5 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Discussion is okay, Tutorial involves showing how to do it and such isnt :P My comment still stands.

On 8/28/2018 at 11:27 AM, Coaxialgamer said:

Hackintoshes now allowed ?

On 8/28/2018 at 1:21 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

Correct.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:43 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

I forget the reason, but that was the decision that was made.

Either way, the community can now hackintosh away without fear.

53 minutes ago, Ender.Kaina said:

I would like to know if anyone has successfully created a hackintosh with the Razer Blade Stealth with the GTX 1650

No, there isn't. The fact that there is an Nvidia graphics card in that machine means that it will never work with macOS. Theoretically the best you could get is integrated graphics. Further, essentially no Hackintosh builds ever work with iMessage. 

If you need to dual boot macOS and Windows, you need to get a Mac. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

12 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

No, there isn't. The fact that there is an Nvidia graphics card in that machine means that it will never work with macOS. Theoretically the best you could get is integrated graphics. Further, essentially no Hackintosh builds ever work with iMessage. 

Did you watch the video? I mean it was High Sierra, the most recent MacOS Nvidia released drivers for, but they got it to work on a 1070 (and Ryzen). They did state that "It will run on any hardware" 16:30 (although they also state that Imessage was hit or miss)

What the OP could do it then dual boot Windows and Linux, and then boot from Linux into MacOS.

6 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

I mean it was High Sierra, the most recent MacOS Nvidia released drivers for

High Sierra is 3 years behind at this point and will only get older as time goes on. Nvidia graphics cards are simply not supported on any modern version of macOS in any capacity. It would make no sense to buy a laptop with an Nvidia GPU with the intention of hacking macOS onto it. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

High Sierra is 3 years behind at this point and will only get older as time goes on. Nvidia graphics cards are simply not supported on any modern version of macOS in any capacity. It would make no sense to buy a laptop with an Nvidia GPU with the intention of hacking macOS onto it. 

Yes it is, although they got it working on Ryzen and I am pretty sure that there exist no drivers for running MacOS on Ryzen at this time, thereby since the whole idea involves running it in a VM in the first place it may prove to be a non issue.

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Yes it is, although they got it working on Ryzen and I am pretty sure that there exist no drivers for running MacOS on Ryzen at this time

Ryzen runs x86, you don't need drivers for a CPU that shares the same architecture as Intel chips. AMD chips and Nvidia chips have no such similarities. 

2 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Community Standards

• Any discussion on how to engage in piracy is not allowed, including the discussion of hacking or cracking.
    • Discussion of piracy in general is acceptable (e.g. "Game X becomes the most pirated game ever").
    • Hackintosh discussion is permitted.
    • Redistribution of copyrighted software, including links to third party hosting sites, is not permitted.

Thank you for finding this for me, otherwise I would have had to move this to Reddit.

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Further, essentially no Hackintosh builds ever work with iMessage. 

I thought that if you modified the serial number to one of a real Mac, you would be able to get those services working?

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

1 hour ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Yes it is, although they got it working on Ryzen and I am pretty sure that there exist no drivers for running MacOS on Ryzen at this time, thereby since the whole idea involves running it in a VM in the first place it may prove to be a non issue.

I (nor any other sane person) am not attempting to game with the MacOS installation. I only need it for things like handoff and consistency. Even if working within a Linux VM does not solve the Nvidia driver problems, only running on the i7's integrated graphics for MacOS and only using the 1650 for Windows would be perfectly fine with me. Mentioning the 1650 in the title and original post was only to specify the specific hardware. If I am only using integrated graphics with MacOS, would I potentially save battery life by not using the 1650, or would it still be receiving power in the background? If it would, would there be a way to disable the discrete graphics while in MacOS?

19 hours ago, Ender.Kaina said:

I (nor any other sane person) am not attempting to game with the MacOS installation. I only need it for things like handoff and consistency. Even if working within a Linux VM does not solve the Nvidia driver problems, only running on the i7's integrated graphics for MacOS and only using the 1650 for Windows would be perfectly fine with me. Mentioning the 1650 in the title and original post was only to specify the specific hardware. If I am only using integrated graphics with MacOS, would I potentially save battery life by not using the 1650, or would it still be receiving power in the background? If it would, would there be a way to disable the discrete graphics while in MacOS?

The 1650 will likely be receiving power in the background, although if it allows you boot it into Mojave or Catalina (I don't personally know if you can get into anything later than High Sierra) it will not be under load and will hardly consume any power.

• 3 months later...