Mini ITX build plans!

Hello there,

Since my last post, I'm 1 step closer to ordering the parts for my new pc. I'd love to have your opinion before ordering everything.

Budget and location:

Around €1000 ($1100), I'm located in Belgium, but the prices I got here are from The Netherlands (free shipping anyways).

Purpose:

This will be my all purpose pc. Meaning it will be used for common tasks like web browsing, watching videos, mail, etc.

But I will also be using it to play some games. I don't really play all the newest high demanding games, but I would like to be able to play games GTA V, World of Tanks (max settings), minecraft with shaders, etc.

I also do some slight photoshopping, but nothing too fancy there.

This pc might move homes from time to time, which is why my motherboard must have wifi.

Build parts:

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (€83)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI (€230)
  • CPU: AMD ryzen 5 3600 (€195)
  • GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 SUPER GAMING OC (€260)
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8gb 3600MHz (€90)
  • PSU: Corsair RM650 (€88)
  • Boot drive: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVME 512GB M.2 SSD (€84)
  • Extra drive: Crucial BX500 480GB SATA SSD (I have that one in my old laptop right now, so I'll carry that one over)
  • Extra case fans: 2x 120mm be quiet! Silent Wings 2 120mm (2x €11)

Explanation for some of the parts:

I chose to go with an x570 motherboard because of 2 reasons: future upgradability (and overclocking) and WIFI (not that many wifi mini ITX B450 mobo's with wifi available in Belgium).

The case has 1 fan included (120mm) which will be mounted at the back (exhaust), the 2 be quiet! fans will be mounted at the front (intake). I think they should still fit with the full size gpu.

I have a copy of windows on the Crucial SSD, which I will clone on to the ADATA M.2 SSD. The crucial SSD will then be used for general storage and less used programs.

I think the stock cpu cooler should do the job for now. It will probably be the first thing I'll upgrade when I start overclocking though.

What do you think? I'm still a bit concerned if the 3600Mhz ram will be able to run at full speed? Are there some obvious conflicts or problems with my build?

Current desktop: (Optiplex 9020 MT)

CPU: i7-4790 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX970 ITX | PSU: EVGA BT 450W Bronze | Ram: 2x8gb DDR3 1600MHz

The build: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1158091-optiplex-9020-mt-project-build-i7-4790-gtx-970

Future plans:

• i7-4790k
  • Z97 motherboard (really want a ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula Watch Dogs Z97 ATX motherboard)
  • + 2x8gb ram (for a total of 32gb)
  • Better gpu

I recommend going with this case and psu instead and a aio for the cpu. Otherwise, it's a good build. Ryzen is a bit picky with ram and you might need to fiddle with it a bit, but hopefully it will just work by enabling xmp and nothing else.

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

I recommend going with this case and psu instead and a aio for the cpu. Otherwise, it's a good build. Ryzen is a bit picky with ram and you might need to fiddle with it a bit, but hopefully it will just work by enabling xmp and nothing else.

Hey, thank you for your answer! Any particular reason why you think I should go with this case instead? (I really like the look of the enthoo evolv, which is a major factor for me, I like a clean case :D) I've also seen some pretty terrible reviews about that AiO saying the included fan is pretty loud. I don't know if you've seen my edit in the post, but I added a statement to where I think the stock cooler should do fine, but my first upgrade will be a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 when I start overclocking.

CPU: i7-4790 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX970 ITX | PSU: EVGA BT 450W Bronze | Ram: 2x8gb DDR3 1600MHz

The build: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1158091-optiplex-9020-mt-project-build-i7-4790-gtx-970

Future plans:

• i7-4790k
  • Z97 motherboard (really want a ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula Watch Dogs Z97 ATX motherboard)
  • Better gpu

17 minutes ago, lightfire said:

Hey, thank you for your answer! Any particular reason why you think I should go with this case instead? (I really like the look of the enthoo evolv, which is a major factor for me, I like a clean case :D) I've also seen some pretty terrible reviews about that AiO saying the included fan is pretty loud. I don't know if you've seen my edit in the post, but I added a statement to where I think the stock cooler should do fine, but my first upgrade will be a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 when I start overclocking.

it's just better for airflow to have a mesh front, not a solid one. maybe you can find a case similar to the one you like, but with a mesh front. and yes, you don't need an aio. i just picked one because the stock cooler doesn't fit in the case I chose.

19 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

it's just better for airflow to have a mesh front, not a solid one. maybe you can find a case similar to the one you like, but with a mesh front. and yes, you don't need an aio. i just picked one because the stock cooler doesn't fit in the case I chose.

Stock cooler fits just fine in that case....

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

49 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Ah yea I see, that's why I opted for the double intake fans at the front, to keep the pressure up. I'll have a look at AiO's for future cooling options, but I'd rather stay with the stock one for now. It's my first computer build, so I wanna take it 1 step at a time. :D Thank you for the feedback though!

Future plans:

• i7-4790k
  • Better gpu