Found a ROG Rig

New here and to PC, for back story, I had a bunch of scrap brake rotors in my truck and ran into a scrapper to get rig of them. as we were throwing these into his trailer I saw a big PC case I almost hit with a rotor. I said wait cant i have it, he said sure. Here I am I wanted to play wih it and see if I could salvage anything off it. Cleaned it out and here I am typing you guys on it. I think a Funny Story.      

It has and i7 2700k chip radeon 7800HD GPU and ROG maximums iv board. rampage 16g  ...dont hate on my words I know NOT what I do lol 

Im leanring about the FPS I updated everything to date drivers windows etc.. i think 

main thing IS this thing worth having ie FREE

And FPS show 30 on MSI sometimes 6fps and it gets hot I think like 70s Cs when running tests.

Thank You to LLT there videos showed me much but im still learning  Thank You for any help!!!!!  

What are your plans for it? Gaming?

some I believe, I was big on console at one time and wanted to make the switch but money was an issue like most, right now just been watching youtube to be honest, I think it might be a waste if this thing is any good for gaming.   

it had SSD 2T and 1T hard drive, i wiped the info of the old owner cause i figured they just threw it out for not working. with the amount of dirt in it, went thru a case of dusters, they almost didnt sell it to me, guess they thought i was going to have a party lol. I felt the PC over heated due to the air flow 

It can still game but compared to more recent setups it's clearly behind.

That said it's still a good setup and the price was right too.

Best of all, since it was free it's a tool for learning how to OC and tune a system like you want and if it folds during all this you're not out of anything related to an investment here.

Nothing but win no matter what - Enjoy.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Not a bad find! definitely worth keeping or selling, not garbage by any means and should not have been in a scrap pile if it actually still runs. 

I would look at doing some routine maintenance on it, like cleaning and maybe redoing cpu thermal paste then do a clean windows install and update drivers. Should be a fine rig for some light duty gaming at 1080p resolution. The graphics card is a radeon hd 7850? its old but still ok, should be able to play games on low medium no problem. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

You'll need a better CPU cooler, that's for sure to get the max possible from it.

Looks really good!

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

2 minutes ago, Fatal_Street said:

it had SSD 2T

seriously? that alone is worth like $200 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

LOL yes, HD7850 is what i think Benchmark said, and Free is always good, i couldnt believe he said he was just going scrap it 

2 minutes ago, Fatal_Street said:

LOL yes, HD7850 is what i think Benchmark said, and Free is always good, i couldnt believe he said he was just going scrap it 

One man's trash is another man's treasure. :D

Seagate I think 2T it said, I have 3 HUGE fans on it, and I just watched LLTs vid on paste the CPU has an intel fan on it with springs was not fun to put back on it was just hanging by the wires and the GPU looks un lvl but all works as of now

You can confirm it's specs with GPU-Z and other details with CPU-Z.
HWmonitor will let you know how it's doing too, Open HW monitor can do that as well if the OS supports it.

1 minute ago, Fatal_Street said:

Seagate I think 2T it said, I have 3 HUGE fans on it, and I just watched LLTs vid on paste the CPU has an intel fan on it with springs was not fun to put back on it was just hanging by the wires and the GPU looks un lvl but all works as of now

Buy new cooler , overclock cpu, get a new gpu and you have still very decent rig capable of running games nicely 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Thank You so much guys, i wasnt sure if I was just watching youtube on a really big phone or had something i could grow with, I will look into a CPU cooler defiantly 

Just now, Whiro said:

Buy new cooler , overclock cpu, get a new gpu and you have still very decent rig capable of running games nicely 

Cool Thank you for the info. All ive played is AOE and it looked ok but I know the game is old too

5 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

You can confirm it's specs with GPU-Z and other details with CPU-Z.
HWmonitor will let you know how it's doing too, Open HW monitor can do that as well if the OS supports it.

Ok I saw them do that on LLT and looked earlier, I will find it, ALL of Thank You again! Have a great night.

First thing to do is to swap out that POS stock Intel cooler and get a decent air cooler like the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO. You can use CPU-Z to identify the exact mobo and CPU and RAM used. There's still some good gaming experience with that i7 2700K, but a GPU upgrade is in order....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Just now, GamerDude said:

First thing to do is to swap out that POS stock Intel cooler and get a decent air cooler like the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO. You can use CPU-Z to identify the exact mobo and CPU and RAM used. There's still some good gaming experience with that i7 2700K, but a GPU upgrade is in order....

Thank You! I might have a pic of the details

Just now, Fatal_Street said:

Vram 2048 MB gddr5 1210 MHz

Ram 16G

???

Eh, what's the question marks for?

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2