2070 super conflicting with Afterburner?

razor_

Hello!

I recently bought Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC and when trying to set up a custom fan curve I've got some strange behaviour happening where fans won't spin properly if I try to set them to a lower constant speed. 

Example:

Having fan speed set to 20% starting at 50C the fans will be turning on and back off every second. This seems to stabilize (keeps them turning) at say 33% fan speed - then if I lower the speed back down to say 22% it will keep them spinning there just fine, but a quick custom fan curve disable/enable we're back to the constant revving.

Is it Afterburner conflicting with something? I installed the last version of it when I got the card. I did not have any issues whatsoever on my previous gpu (RX 480).

Also the default Gigabyte's curve works just fine, no revving.

Any ideas?

Normal, my 1070 does this revving under 30% and I can hear the pulse of it trying to spin faster under this lowspin moment...

They set (All cards different)

If I use 28% or less, I see my fans do the same, spin but slowdown and respond stronger for a pulse... creates a tick sound from the GPU I originally thought was my HDD.

Set GPU to 30%, complete silence... always spinning, no slowdown and pulse/tick sounds.

It's just the values they set for the curve and the fan behaviour.

Set the minimum to the value it stops.

Or full auto I guess..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Okay, that might explain the behaviour but it does beg the question: why am I then able to get it to stay at 20% sometimes until I restart the computer/afterburner or simple turn off/on custom curve? 

If 30% is truly factory set lowest stable RPM that's by all means ridiculous.. unless they are covering for some design flaws that way I guess.