Ocasinal black screen for a few seconds

person223

Bettween 5 minand a couple hours my pc just randomley decideds to not post a video single at all for a few seconds and then fixes it self should i be concerend.

It would be worth replacing the cable; do you have a spare?

3 hours ago, person223 said:

Bettween 5 minand a couple hours my pc just randomley decideds to not post a video single at all for a few seconds and then fixes it self should i be concerend.

What hardware?

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

6 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

What hardware?

asrock b450 pro-f

2 sticks of 8gb trident z rgb 3000mhz meomery

rx 5700 mech oc 

evga 650 watt power supply No bronze rating

ryzen 5 2600 

everything is at stock

4 hours ago, person223 said:

asrock b450 pro-f

2 sticks of 8gb trident z rgb 3000mhz meomery

rx 5700 mech oc 

evga 650 watt power supply No bronze rating

ryzen 5 2600 

everything is at stock

What are you doing when this happens? Is it only in games/benchmarks, in web browsers, or just sitting there on the desktop with nothing running?

Also, it could be that the PSU is not putting out enough clean power for your GPU. Do you have another PSU that you can use to test it?

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

3 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

What are you doing when this happens? Is it only in games/benchmarks, in web browsers, or just sitting there on the desktop with nothing running?

Also, it could be that the PSU is not putting out enough clean power for your GPU. Do you have another PSU that you can use to test it?

playing destiny 2 at maxed out settings no i do not have another psu and it happens like half an hour after playing destiny 2

1 minute ago, person223 said:

playing destiny 2 at maxed out settings 

In that case, what are the temps of the GPU when you're doing that?

1 minute ago, BTGbullseye said:

In that case, what are the temps of the GPU when you're doing that?

according to msi after burner 53 deggress c and peak is 63

4 hours ago, person223 said:

according to msi after burner 53 deggress c and peak is 63

Never trust Afterburner with any card newer than the GTX 10X0 series. Use HWinfo for that, as it it can monitor the junction temps properly.

1 hour ago, BTGbullseye said:

Never trust Afterburner with any card newer than the GTX 10X0 series. Use HWinfo for that, as it it can monitor the junction temps properly.

ok what now

12 hours ago, person223 said:

ok what now

https://www.hwinfo.com/

Look at the max temps reported for the GPU when it goes black screen, and tell me all of them. If even one is going out of range, it can cause that exact problem.

2 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Look at the max temps reported for the GPU when it goes black screen, and tell me all of them. If even one is going out of range, it can cause that exact problem.

i already got the app

On 1/21/2020 at 9:58 AM, GeLi said:

What Radeon drivers are you running?

Latest

On 1/21/2020 at 6:54 AM, BTGbullseye said:

Ok so. I was running destiny 2 in not fullscreen mode because I could not figure out how to use the On screen display and then I was running destiny 2 fine with no black screens for like a hour. Then since it was fine if I experinced I could just quickly alt tab and see what was up. So after like 45 min of playing in fullscreen mode. Destiny 2 was becoming really laggy for a few seconds and then returned with.

Destiny 2

BIG RED X 

Graphics runtime detected a crash or loss of device

For more information, visit help.bungie.net and search for error code: broccoli

BIG OK BUTTON

So this is not a black screen but does this help

BTW hardware info gpu temps where at max 60 and average 55 lowest 45.

Update: I looked at the radeon aldreon software and there is a new driver that I am updating to

2 hours ago, person223 said:

Ok so. I was running destiny 2 in not fullscreen mode because I could not figure out how to use the On screen display and then I was running destiny 2 fine with no black screens for like a hour. Then since it was fine if I experinced I could just quickly alt tab and see what was up. So after like 45 min of playing in fullscreen mode. Destiny 2 was becoming really laggy for a few seconds and then returned with.

Destiny 2

BIG RED X 

Graphics runtime detected a crash or loss of device

For more information, visit help.bungie.net and search for error code: broccoli

BIG OK BUTTON

So this is not a black screen but does this help

BTW hardware info gpu temps where at max 60 and average 55 lowest 45.

Update: I looked at the radeon aldreon software and there is a new driver that I am updating to

Yeah, that's a driver crash that I was getting a long time ago... I haven't had that in quite a while though. What driver version were you on?

22 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

Yeah, that's a driver crash that I was getting a long time ago... I haven't had that in quite a while though. What driver version were you on?

I was on 19.9.2 But have upgraded now to the latest one.

1 minute ago, person223 said:

I was on 19.9.2 But have upgraded now to the latest one.

Yeah, the 19.9.x apart from 19.9.3, and the first 20.x.x tended to crash like that in a few games. 

Just now, BTGbullseye said:

Yeah, the 19.9.x apart from 19.9.3, and the first 20.x.x tended to crash like that in a few games. 

So I will report back if I have anymore black screens. Also do you think that my graphics card will fail over the next few months.

Just now, person223 said:

Also do you think that my graphics card will fail over the next few months.

Highly unlikely. The temps are outstanding, and as long as the driver update fixes the issue, you shouldn't have any major issues left.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 9:36 PM, BTGbullseye said:

Highly unlikely. The temps are outstanding, and as long as the driver update fixes the issue, you shouldn't have any major issues left.

So was playing fortnite and screen decides to go black. but pc fans are still on and rgb is on to. Also power button does not work turned off power supply and rebotted now things are fine

On 2/6/2020 at 5:52 PM, person223 said:

So was playing fortnite and screen decides to go black. but pc fans are still on and rgb is on to. Also power button does not work turned off power supply and rebotted now things are fine

That definitely sounds like a PSU instigated crash, as a GPU or driver crash won't disable the front buttons, but a PSU crash has on multiple of my own systems. I would suggest you look into getting something from the B, B+, or A tier of this list: (I have a personal preference for the Rosewill PSUs, they seem solid, and I haven't ever had one fail)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 7:59 AM, BTGbullseye said:

That definitely sounds like a PSU instigated crash, as a GPU or driver crash won't disable the front buttons, but a PSU crash has on multiple of my own systems. I would suggest you look into getting something from the B, B+, or A tier of this list: (I have a personal preference for the Rosewill PSUs, they seem solid, and I haven't ever had one fail)

Was playing fortnite and when i was getting out of the bus the screen when blackfor 5 sec. Fan are at stock

35 minutes ago, person223 said:

Was playing fortnite and when i was getting out of the bus the screen when blackfor 5 sec. Fan are at stock

Also was playing kingdom come dilevernce and screen went black. then i raised fan curve up. Then after like 5 min of playing screen went black again for a short period of time