RX 5700 gaming problems

FallenPhoenixRA

Okay, so I got this Gigabyte RX 5700 for christmas as an upgrade over my RX 580.  And so far it has been real hit or miss, some games black screen, others have issues with GUIs and other graphical issues, and to top all that off a game just sitting in a menu uses the full 8 GB of VRAM the card has to offer.  I know that there are still some driver issues with the card, but I honestly didnt think they would be this bad.  Do you all think this is just a driver issue?  Or is it hardware based?  Potentially a defective card?  

System build is as follows: 
CPU: R5 3600
GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 OC 

Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro WIFI 
PSU: Corsair CXM 650 
Storage:  250 gb Samsung 860 EVO with a 1 TB Seagate Firecuda 

2 monitors, 1 is a 1080p generic, the other is an AOC CQ27G1 

Thanks in advance~

Try cleanly uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it. 

Have you applied any overclocks ? 

1 minute ago, NoGanksEric said:

Try cleanly uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it. 

Have you applied any overclocks ? 

I only did the stock automatic overclocking that AMDs new 2020 software does, its not enabled atm.  I will go ahead and try the drivers.  When I first got this card, i had to roll back to the driver set right before the new 2020 software release, and since then there has been 2 releases, both of which still have issues.  

Are you using discord? If so, try disabling hardware acceleration in the app or just exit the app and try your game again. There’s a mention of this in the latest drivers about apps using hardware acceleration in the background causing black screens.

Disabled hardware advancing via discord and wiped and reinstalled the drivers, the issue still persists, although the VRAM is no longer hitting the roof 

well the possibility is there that the amd driver is just buggy atm for you.

cant you describe how your blackscreens appear ? is it always the same or just at random points ?

do you need to force a restart or just tab out ?

On 1/20/2020 at 3:21 PM, NoGanksEric said:

well the possibility is there that the amd driver is just buggy atm for you.

cant you describe how your blackscreens appear ? is it always the same or just at random points ?

do you need to force a restart or just tab out ?

Force restart, and i would say at random points yes. 

10 hours ago, FallenPhoenixRA said:

Force restart, and i would say at random points yes. 

well then it could also be a hardware issue with the card itself. i would suggest contacting the manufacturer in that regard

On 1/19/2020 at 7:49 PM, FallenPhoenixRA said:

Okay, so I got this Gigabyte RX 5700 for christmas as an upgrade over my RX 580.  And so far it has been real hit or miss, some games black screen, others have issues with GUIs and other graphical issues, and to top all that off a game just sitting in a menu uses the full 8 GB of VRAM the card has to offer.  I know that there are still some driver issues with the card, but I honestly didnt think they would be this bad.  Do you all think this is just a driver issue?  Or is it hardware based?  Potentially a defective card?  

System build is as follows: 
CPU: R5 3600
GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 OC 

Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro WIFI 
PSU: Corsair CXM 650 
Storage:  250 gb Samsung 860 EVO with a 1 TB Seagate Firecuda 

2 monitors, 1 is a 1080p generic, the other is an AOC CQ27G1 

Thanks in advance~

I had the same issues with a xfx 5700 and found it was radeon 2020 conflicting with (mainly) nvidia titles. For example, if I had vsync turned on through radeon and vsync on in the game, it would freeze at the menu. I eventually disabled every special feature in radeon settings (vsync, boost, etc) and use the in game settings instead. So far, games that were crashing before run flawlessly. I wish amd would fix their driver issues...