Chromium Edge New Tab page

Okay - so I have just installed the brand new version of Edge. I have to say, I'm impressed. The 'legacy' version of Edge has been hidden from my system, the import from Chrome was relatively painless, and all my extensions moved over.

Happy days.

Yet there is always a but.

The new tab page seems to be locked. It is customised, but the search bar is Bing only - which I am not going to torture myself with, and you really have to go out your way to get rid of MSN stories from the front page. To me there is no way of setting anything as your new tab page. I even tried using the DuckDuckGo extension (which is what I normally use) to no avail. Searching around just gives me articles on changing the legacy version, or how to customise the preset one.

Anyone have any ideas? I would really like it if I could just change the damn search bar over to DuckDuckGo.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

if it can run chrome extensions (no idea on this one), i currently run an extension in chrome that'll force a new tab to be a specific webpage.

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

if it can run chrome extensions (no idea on this one), i currently run an extension in chrome that'll force a new tab to be a specific webpage.

It can - I normally run DuckDuckGo to force it to be the standard Chrome New Tab page, just with DuckDuckGo over Google - but that doesn't seem to work. :( 

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

1 hour ago, limegorilla said:

It can - I normally run DuckDuckGo to force it to be the standard Chrome New Tab page, just with DuckDuckGo over Google - but that doesn't seem to work. :( 

try out "new tab redirect" -- it's the one i use.