Mobo for 3950x with no WIFI and not interested in OC, that has debug leds?

I was almost decided on Aorus Elite but I think it would be a good idea to have leds that tell you whats wrong. I haven't built a PC in 10 years, so I would really like that. I just cant find one that has no wifi or wireless crap and has the debug leds... anyone knows? Also I will be putting a noctua dh15 there so it has to fit. Case is Define r6.

You're looking for a high end board with lack of features?

Why a D15 if you're not even overclocking?

A lot of this just doesn't add up

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

You're looking for a high end board with lack of features?

Why a D15 if you're not even overclocking?

A lot of this just doesn't add up

wireless is not a feature

because i dont like noise

Most of the high end boards come with wireless, because it's not very expensive(relative to the rest of the board) to include an average gigabit wireless adapter, especially on an expensive board. You can just get one of those wireless boards but not connect the wireless antennas.

Also, NhD15 compatibility is based on RAM height and case clearance, not motherboard. If you have short RAM and the whole cooler fits in your case then any motherboard will work.

Getting NH-D15 with 3950x without overclocking will be slightly overkill but fine if you value acoustics. Just remember that overclocking/tightening timings on your RAM is pretty important, if you want a 'shortcut' way that won't give you the best overclock but a decent one, then you should check out this video

You could get the Crosshair VII Hero non-wifi.

X470, but handles my 3950X like a champ. No chipset fan to worry about.

You can turn literally every LED off including board LEDs. Diag will only come on when needed.

2 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Most of the high end boards come with wireless, because it's not very expensive(relative to the rest of the board) to include an average gigabit wireless adapter, especially on an expensive board. You can just get one of those wireless boards but not connect the wireless antennas.

Also, NhD15 compatibility is based on RAM height and case clearance, not motherboard. If you have short RAM and the whole cooler fits in your case then any motherboard will work.

Getting NH-D15 with 3950x without overclocking will be slightly overkill but fine if you value acoustics. Just remember that overclocking/tightening timings on your RAM is pretty important, if you want a 'shortcut' way that won't give you the best overclock but a decent one, then you should check out this video

I dont want any OC. I plan on using the build for a good 10 years like i did with my q6600.

I will buy a new gpu in 5 years or so, when it becomes a bottleneck for next gen VR for sim racing

thats all

the ram i want to buy is this one:

G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

also, isn't this what im looking for?

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS/HelpDesk_Manual/

This one is very similar to aorus elite, no WIFI version and comes with debug leds. Looks like we have a winner.

4 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

You could get the Crosshair VII Hero non-wifi.

X470, but handles my 3950X like a champ. No chipset fan to worry about.

You can turn literally every LED off including board LEDs. Diag will only come on when needed.

I found this, how do you rate this?

builzoid said on a video its similar to aorus elite, gets the job done and has the troubleshoot leds, sounds good?

5 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

I dont want any OC

The only motherboards that can't overclock Ryzen are A320, and there's not a single A320 motherboard I'd recommend with a 3950X

so you'll always have the option

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

so im looking at this one:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS/

can anyone tell me where the debug leds are? i cant see any leds.. I dont get it. consider that my computer is old and has a speaker for debuging, I dont understand how the leds are supposed to be located at and work. what are the codes to know whats going on? for instance a single beep means something, two beep means another thing, repeated beeping another...

Here they are.

Capture.PNG

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

so im looking at this one:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS/

can anyone tell me where the debug leds are? i cant see any leds.. I dont get it. consider that my computer is old and has a speaker for debuging, I dont understand how the leds are supposed to be located at and work. what are the codes to know whats going on? for instance a single beep means something, two beep means another thing, repeated beeping another...

Looking at the manual, they are right next to the RAM.

I've never had to use debug LEDs though.

Good ole process of elimination works just fine.

image.png

37 minutes ago, nick name said:

Here they are.

Capture.PNG

the white plastics with those 4 pins are leds? it looks like a regular 4pin fan connector

edit: oh wait, i think i see it now

4 hours ago, Windows95 said:

the white plastics with those 4 pins are leds? it looks like a regular 4pin fan connector

edit: oh wait, i think i see it now

If you use the picture and the picture from the manual above it should become more clear.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

The AORUS x570 Pro has debug LED's and no wifi.

22 hours ago, Windows95 said:

I dont want any OC. I plan on using the build for a good 10 years like i did with my q6600.

I will buy a new gpu in 5 years or so, when it becomes a bottleneck for next gen VR for sim racing

thats all

the ram i want to buy is this one:

G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

also, isn't this what im looking for?

This one is very similar to aorus elite, no WIFI version and comes with debug leds. Looks like we have a winner.

The memory thing isn't really an OC, it's just tightening timings. It's literally free performance, following the video should not cause any crashing or anything because the tightening of timings are based off the RAM modules(manufacturer, binning etc.).

It's pretty much idiot proof, because a program tells you exactly what to set each setting to. Takes about 5 minutes, and you should get noticeable performance increase. No trial and error is needed(unless you are part of a very small percentage of people who got faulty RAM or something).

I've told my friend to do this, he doesn't even know how to open task manager with ctrl+shift+esc and he managed to do it.

As for CPU OC, Ryzen tends to already be pushed to the max clock(the boost algorithm is pretty good at pushing the CPU to the maximum) so chances are you won't get much OC at all. 

They seem like similar boards, and both will likely be great.

I went with an Aorus myself because of the Intel wired LAN (which I use most of the time, and over the years I've found them more compatible/reliable than Realtek), the newer audio chipset, front USB-C availability, plus a few other bits and pieces, but there might be features on the ASUS that you prefer.

Don't worry about the HDMI/DP video output on the boards, you won't be using them with a higher end CPU / Navi GPU.