any idea for a upgrade

notchv1

Hi i am Vincent from Germany sorry if something is wrong writen i cant write good in english.

I have a 8 year old PC from a supermarket called Aldi it has Windows 8,a I5 3330 3.00GHz, a 1 tb HDD, 4 gigs of ram and Intel(R) HD Graphics, the boxed cooler i think and a realy ugly blue  motherboard.

have you got any idea to upgrade this ugly pice of sh*t?

How much money do you want to spend?

What do you want to use it for?

You could get a significant performance boost in games by adding in a dedicated graphics card, a 2nd hand RX480 or RX580 can often be found for fairly decent prices, just make sure your existing power supply is adequate.

Adding some more RAM would help as well.

An SSD for the operating system (and upgrading to Windows 10) would be a good idea.

Though depending on how much you are willing to spend you may just want to build a new PC and sell the old one.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

How much money do you want to spend?

What do you want to use it for?

You could get a significant performance boost in games by adding in a dedicated graphics card, a 2nd hand RX480 or RX580 can often be found for fairly decent prices, just make sure your existing power supply is adequate.

Adding some more RAM would help as well.

An SSD for the operating system (and upgrading to Windows 10) would be a good idea.

Though depending on how much you are willing to spend you may just want to build a new PC and sell the old one.

I want to use like 500€ and want to play games on it and edit videos

9 minutes ago, V1GamingV said:

I would just slap a low profile 1050 TI in there for the best compatibility with smaller prebuilt systems with no pcie power connectors on the PSU 

https://www.amazon.de/MSI-GeForce-DL-DVI-D-Afterburner-Grafikkarte/dp/B01N683IAQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=gtx+1050+ti&qid=1579437633&sprefix=gtx+1050&sr=8-1

12 minutes ago, V1GamingV said:

The GPU/RAM/SSD upgrades I listed above would fit within that budget, but you'd still be stuck with your old CPU which may not be that great for video editing as well as your old "ugly" blue motherboard...

Might be worth considering building a completely new system.

I think for around 400-450 Euro you should be able to get a Ryzen 2600 (6 cores/12 threads) or Ryzen 2700 (8 cores/16 threads) CPU which should help with video editing, as well as an AM4 B450 motherboard, 2x8GB RAM, a 250GB or 500GB SSD for the operating system, a new 550W power supply.

Then for maybe another 100-150 Euro or so on top of that check for some 2nd hand graphics cards like an RX 580 (you will need a dedicated graphics card as the Ryzen 2600 & 2700 CPUs don't have built in graphics like your current Intel i5 3330 CPU). Little over budget but if you could make back some money by selling your existing i5 3300 system.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450