I lost the m.2 screw ?

Go to solution Solved by Arttu89,

m.2 slot screw size is standardised the size is M2x3.5 (M2 is the thread size/pitch and 3.5 is thread length in mm).

I would say your options are:

- go to a local PC store, tell them your situation and ask if they don't have a screw to spare

- try writing to MSI in your country, maybe they'll be willing to send you one

- buy a box of generic laptop repair screws on amazon - what I did when I wanted to put a second m.2 in my laptop, but had no screw in the 2nd m.2 slot, now I'm set with tiny screws for life ?

I've somehow lost the screw for the m.2 slot. The standoff is in the motherboard but the screw is definitely not in the box or standoff.

Mobo is MSI b450 tomahawk Max

The m.2 is currently installed without a screw.

How do I get a replacement screw? Any help and advice would be amazing.

Thanks

An idiot 

m.2 slot screw size is standardised the size is M2x3.5 (M2 is the thread size/pitch and 3.5 is thread length in mm).

I would say your options are:

- go to a local PC store, tell them your situation and ask if they don't have a screw to spare

- try writing to MSI in your country, maybe they'll be willing to send you one

- buy a box of generic laptop repair screws on amazon - what I did when I wanted to put a second m.2 in my laptop, but had no screw in the 2nd m.2 slot, now I'm set with tiny screws for life ?

Thanks for your reply but i cant seem to find that size on amazon. I can see m2x3 and m2x4 but not m2x3.5

Update.

I contacted overclockers uk and they are sending me out the screw free of charge, even the delivery was free. Great customer service.

Thanks again