Push Pull Option

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,
54 minutes ago, patdx21 said:

Both fans are 25mm thick and the radiator block is 48-50mm thick. What should be the best option? It's gonna be intake. Thanks

It doesn't matter how thick the radiator is cause the screws are only going through one fan and maybe a sheet of metal of your case.

Just search for long radiator screws, they're usually 28-30mm long, lots of PC parts stores or amazon sells them.

I'm trying to a push and pull configuration in my AIO. Can you give me an idea how long the screws should be need for me to sandwich the radiator with 2 fans (total of 6 fans)?

ID-Cooling Auraflow X360 RGB 

I like to ask for my friend, he wants to upgrade his stock cooler to dark rock pro 4 but his case only support 160mm CPU air cooler clearance. Is it compatible? Thanks!

The thickness of radiator plus total thickness of two fans and then some millimeters. It depends on the fans too tho, i was barely able to put push-pull NB Eloops with bundled screws of my Corsair H115i PRO, no idea how long they are but i had to get rid of rubber washers of the fans on one side, it wouldn't reach all the way otherwise, a couple millimeters too short.

Looking at my AIO through the glass, trying to measure it with ruler ... it's about 8.5cm long i think, 9cm if you want to be sure that it will fit with any fans out there (assuming standard 30mm radiator).

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

17 minutes ago, Juular said:

The thickness of radiator plus total thickness of two fans and then some millimeters. It depends on the fans too tho, i was barely able to put push-pull NB Eloops with bundled screws of my Corsair H115i PRO, no idea how long they are but i had to get rid of rubber washers of the fans on one side, it wouldn't reach all the way otherwise, a couple millimeters too short.

Looking at my AIO through the glass, trying to measure it with ruler ... it's about 8.5cm long i think, 9cm if you want to be sure that it will fit with any fans out there (assuming standard 30mm radiator).

1) Screws do not go through the radiator. You use two sets of screws, one from each side. Not giant 90mm screws.

2) Normal fans are 25mm thick and the standard screws that you use to mount them to a radiator is 30mm, which usually only one set of is included with AIOs, the other set is short screws.

3) 140mm eloops are 30mm thick which is why they come with their own long screws but are a different thread and will not screw into radiators. You need 35mm radiator screws for those fans.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

1) Screws do not go through the radiator. You use two sets of screws, one from each side. Not giant 90mm screws.

2) Normal fans are 25mm thick and the standard screws that you use to mount them to a radiator is 30mm, which usually only one set of is included with AIOs, the other set is short screws.

3) 140mm eloops are 30mm thick which is why they come with their own long screws but are a different thread and will not screw into radiators. You need 35mm radiator screws for those fans.

Both fans are 25mm thick and the radiator block is 48-50mm thick. What should be the best option? It's gonna be intake. Thanks

14 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Oh, my bad, you're right. I wasn't able to install the fans with washers on both sides because the front panel grille adds a millimeter or so of thickness too.

17 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah, very nice of them to provide long enough screws that don't screw to the radiator lol.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

54 minutes ago, patdx21 said:

It doesn't matter how thick the radiator is cause the screws are only going through one fan and maybe a sheet of metal of your case.

Just search for long radiator screws, they're usually 28-30mm long, lots of PC parts stores or amazon sells them.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020