New HDD not detected anywhere

4klips

Yesterday I went to a seagate service center with my 1TB Seagate Baracuda which had around 1976 bad sectors. They instantly replaced my HDD with a new Recertified one.

I came home and try to install in my PC. But its not showing even in Disk management (I have windows in SSD). Nor in BIOS or Boot menu. Even if its the only HDD plugged in my PC not detected anywhere. I also tried installing windows 10 with a flash drive and in disk partition menu it shows no drive detected.

I plugged my 500 GB HDD and booted Ubuntu from it (It had ubuntu in it). That 1 TB HDD not showing in gparted also.

But one thing I noticed is when I plug my 1TB HDD its not detected anywhere but the motherboard logo shows for really long(around 30 seconds) when I boot the pc up. But when I remove my 1 Tb HDD that mobo logo just shows for like 2 seconds.

Anything I can do to fix this error please help me.

Double check cables as stupid as sit sounds and maybe swap data cables. But it sounds like you got a dud replacement.

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

5 hours ago, yaboistar said:

by the looks of it the system is hanging on boot trying to talk to the drive and when it gets no response it times out and carries on. take it back to the service center, explain what's going on and see if they can reproduce the issue.

also, try disabling fast boot if you have that enabled, it can sometimes cause issues with drives not being picked up because it's not expecting to see any there

Thanks for replying. But when you reboot even if fast boot enabled its gonna show the newly attached hdd right?