Can't use a programmer on a BIOS chip.

I tried reviving my BIOS using a programmer. My mobo is ASUS HERO XI (Wi-Fi). It failed to boot after one of the updates, and now I can't get anywhere in my PC, it just won't output anything. I have a very weird BIOS chip. (I attached a photo), and it can't be recognized by any of BIOS programming programs. I use a clip to connect to the chip itself, but I still can't program anything on it.  My Q-code panel says "0F" (Microcode not loaded) if that'll help. Also, asus flashback doesnt work too. 

20200118_093710.jpg

21 minutes ago, JelloBeat said:

I tried reviving my BIOS using a programmer. My mobo is ASUS HERO XI (Wi-Fi). It failed to boot after one of the updates, and now I can't get anywhere in my PC, it just won't output anything. I have a very weird BIOS chip. (I attached a photo), and it can't be recognized by any of BIOS programming programs. I use a clip to connect to the chip itself, but I still can't program anything on it.  My Q-code panel says "0F" (Microcode not loaded) if that'll help. Also, asus flashback doesnt work too. 

20200118_093710.jpg

I am so confused... why did you try and do this? What caused the BIOS to brick, and why not just RMA the board with Asus if the BIOS is bricked.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

I try to avoid over use of programmers.  They tend to be surly and hate sunlight.  They do tend to have entertaining printed T-shirts though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, JelloBeat said:

I have a very weird BIOS chip. (I attached a photo), and it can't be recognized by any of BIOS programming programs

Nothing weird about the chip, completely standard Winbond 16MB-part. You're most likely just not getting a good connection to it, or when your programmer supplies power, it supplies power also to some adjacent circuit that messes things up -- you'd need to desolder the chip to avoid that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Does the USB BIOS Flashback(USB slot and button for it on the rear I/O) not work, that's why you use the programmer?

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti

Some board force you to remove CMOS battery before you can actually flash the chip itself, also make sure your SOIP clip is properly aligned.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18