Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TragicMagic

NHL.tv overcome regional blackouts?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey all,

Recently my wife and I decided to end our Bell T satellite service.  We've opted to add a view streaming services to get the content we want, for less money.

In order to watch NHL hockey, I setup NHL.tv.

The issue is the non National Maple Leafs games are blacked out for me.

Is there a method I can employ to make it appear I'm in a different region, so I can watch local games? 

Rogers Internet.  And PS4.

16 minutes ago, TragicMagic said:

Hey all,

Recently my wife and I decided to end our Bell T satellite service.  We've opted to add a view streaming services to get the content we want, for less money.

In order to watch NHL hockey, I setup NHL.tv.

The issue is the non National Maple Leafs games are blacked out for me.

Is there a method I can employ to make it appear I'm in a different region, so I can watch local games? 

Rogers Internet.  And PS4.

You can try a VPN, but most streaming services flat out block IP address ranges belonging to VPNs these days. Beyond that, any assistance we provide would be aiding and abetting to a questionably legal area of the law. (I'm on your side when it comes to geo-blocking content, however, until the law catches up with how consumers want to consume digital media content, I can't offer further help without legally implicating myself.)

Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell - Unlimited Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | HP Touchpad | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Not really allowed here. 

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

54 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Not really allowed here. 

Please do tell why. Discussion about VPN is fine. They aren't trying to watch copyrighted material without paying.

Complain to NHL. This is same thing as with some other American leagues. If the TV rights have been sold to some company, then that company has exclusive rights in their service area. When I was actively following Nascar, watching all I wanted would have costed over 60 euros monthly as the two series were sold to two different providers. And unlike NHL.tv there wasn't a way to pay for just certain content.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv