Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tedstonegenious

Getting a 403 error when I try to configure FAH

Posted · Original PosterOP

I added the folding at home container to my unraid server. because 1.Its seems a good thing to do and 2. I like punishing hardware. It seems to be working. But the server I hav eit running on is located in my bedroom and I don't want the thing to enter demon mode while I'm sleeping. So I tried to go to the web UI to disable a few cores. Only I get a 403, forbidden, error when I try to do so, how do I fix this. 

Update, apparently server  doesn't make much noise when under load. But it doesn't change that the thing is a Furnace and I like a cold head when sleeping. Plus I don't want to waste electricity by having the windows cracked. 

4 hours ago, Tedstonegenious said:

I added the folding at home container to my unraid server. because 1.Its seems a good thing to do and 2. I like punishing hardware. It seems to be working. But the server I hav eit running on is located in my bedroom and I don't want the thing to enter demon mode while I'm sleeping. So I tried to go to the web UI to disable a few cores. Only I get a 403, forbidden, error when I try to do so, how do I fix this. 

webUI is notoriously wobbly, open advanced control anc use the configuration/slots menu

CPU folding is not really worth the power draw

this post was sponsored by folding gang. fold today or be a virgin forever.

I figured using the cpu pinning to give it a few cores. (is that your advanced settings) which worked like a charm. But Now I am curious. What if someone made a script so that a smart thermometer controlled the temperature of a house by not controlling a furnace, but the resources allocated by a F@H server. If it's colder, allocate more resources, the extra processing will cause it to produce more heat. If you use electric heating anyways (we use gas , so its irreverent) It would be a cool way to heat your home. 

14 hours ago, Tedstonegenious said:

@sazrocks I believe is running on unraid. Sounds like a Firewall setting needs to be added permitting the access to the port the Web Manager uses.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:29 AM, Gorgon said:

@sazrocks I believe is running on unraid. Sounds like a Firewall setting needs to be added permitting the access to the port the Web Manager uses.

I have other containers that runs inside unraid, (mine os and pihole) And I don't get this sort of error for these. Could it still be a firewall issue.

2 hours ago, Tedstonegenious said:

I have other containers that runs inside unraid, (mine os and pihole) And I don't get this sort of error for these. Could it still be a firewall issue.

I know nothing about unraid but a 403 error is usually due to a Firewall or access list blocking access to the port.

Most people used the advanced control application to access a remote FAHClient but this requires another port.