Old PC Great result

Milez5858

I recently bought an Oculus Quest and my buddy was bugging me to try the PC Link Beta for it, but I didn't have a gaming rig.

What I had was an i7 3770,  16 GIg DDR 3 and 2 10000 RPM spinners in a rig I had used for training on hypervisors back in 2012.

I tossed in a 1660ti and a couple SSD's and I"m amazed that I can play just about all the games I've tried on Epic with frame rates over 100  (1080p)

The exception is Asgard's Wrath...   it's a freaking bohemith 120 Gig game that is certain the best looking VR game I've seen to date and I have about 30 of them.

24 minutes ago, Milez5858 said:

I recently bought an Oculus Quest and my buddy was bugging me to try the PC Link Beta for it, but I didn't have a gaming rig.

What I had was an i7 3770,  16 GIg DDR 3 and 2 10000 RPM spinners in a rig I had used for training on hypervisors back in 2012.

I tossed in a 1660ti and a couple SSD's and I"m amazed that I can play just about all the games I've tried on Epic with frame rates over 100  (1080p)

The exception is Asgard's Wrath...   it's a freaking bohemith 120 Gig game that is certain the best looking VR game I've seen to date and I have about 30 of them.

Yeah the old 4/8 intel i7s held up surprisingly well.  Only just now are things starting to come out they can’t handle.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.