DisplayPort 1.4 Right Angle Adapter

I am in need of a DisplayPort 1.4 right angle adapter to support a 120hx 4K display. I have looked around on amazon but found nothing.

There is one site I have found which appears to offer one https://www.lindy-international.com/DisplayPort-1-4-Right-Angled-Adapter.htm?websale8=ld0101.ld020102&pi=41333 however, they do not ship to the United States.

I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions on where to look going forward.

thanks everyone!

2 hours ago, jackm1120 said:

I am in need of a DisplayPort 1.4 right angle adapter to support a 120hx 4K display. I have looked around on amazon but found nothing.

There is one site I have found which appears to offer one https://www.lindy-international.com/DisplayPort-1-4-Right-Angled-Adapter.htm?websale8=ld0101.ld020102&pi=41333 however, they do not ship to the United States.

thanks everyone!

You might be SOL. You may want to try finding one of the small converters, like the 2" ones that might just be mechanically a converter. 

What do you need a right angle adapter for? 

12 hours ago, Kisai said:

You might be SOL. You may want to try finding one of the small converters, like the 2" ones that might just be mechanically a converter. 

What do you need a right angle adapter for? 

I have my computer inside a cabinet

16 hours ago, jackm1120 said:

thanks everyone!

Doesnt appear any exist outside of that one adapter, even on some of the smaller niche cables marketplaces online.

AV-connection does ship it to the US, but its like 40$ added for shipping give or take (37euro shipping) I've also never shopped there so can't vet for them as far as a link.

https://www.av-connection.com/?PNo=LDY41333

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Plus if only one adaptor exists in a weird place it might not even work.  Could be a typo.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

the displayport standards dont directly apply to the cables, and given the short cable length inside the adapter dont really apply there much at all.

the chance exists that if you buy "just about any" displayport right angle connector of a decent quality, that you'll be fine.

15 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the displayport standards dont directly apply to the cables, and given the short cable length inside the adapter dont really apply there much at all.

the chance exists that if you buy "just about any" displayport right angle connector of a decent quality, that you'll be fine.

Point.  If it’s just wires to wires a 1.2 might work as well as a 1.4.  Might not of course.  I don’t know what the standard is.  With ethernet the difference between standards wasn’t wires it was how they were insulated and how much they were allowed to bend.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Point.  If it’s just wires to wires a 1.2 might work as well as a 1.4.  Might not of course.  I don’t know what the standard is.  With ethernet the difference between standards wasn’t wires it was how they were insulated and how much they were allowed to bend.

I have tried a a couple DP 1.2 right angle connectors and while initially they appear to work, there is small but constant flickering and distortion, especially when playing a game.

3 hours ago, Atmos said:

Doesnt appear any exist outside of that one adapter, even on some of the smaller niche cables marketplaces online.

AV-connection does ship it to the US, but its like 40$ added for shipping give or take (37euro shipping) I've also never shopped there so can't vet for them as far as a link.

https://www.av-connection.com/?PNo=LDY41333

Thanks nice find. I just ordered 2. Wish me luck!

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I'm super curious if op had success with the Lindy adapter, I'm in need of the same thing (for a valve index) and drilling a hole isn't an option :(

On 4/24/2020 at 6:03 AM, carlin said:

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I'm super curious if op had success with the Lindy adapter, I'm in need of the same thing (for a valve index) and drilling a hole isn't an option :(

Carlin, yes i am pleased to say that I had success with the Lindy right angle displayport 1.4 adapter. I bought through AV-Connection. https://www.av-connection.com/?PNo=LDY41333
The adapter is successfully driving an ultrawide monitor at 5120x1440@120Hz