Don't know what i should do

Go to solution Solved by mockedarche,
1 hour ago, Chokez said:

Thank you for mentioning him,

He also should read my Other comments to understand it better what is going on

2 hours ago, Chokez said:

Returning the PSU might not be an option, in this country, i have warranty for current one, if the is the faltu here then after fixing it I'll sell it 2nd hand.

Cause this thermaltake smart se isn't a great psu, i was thinking about getting a better psu.

I have two choices under my budget, 

Corsair CX 600/650 and antec neo eco 650W

Which one should i get? 

And if you have knowledge about PSU's and if those psu's aren't good enough then can you choose me from this site?  Under 6500TK (WE DON'T HAVE AMAZON YET)

http://www.pcgardensylhet.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=88_227

Corsair CX 600 should be enough honestly after everything it seems only logical to be the psu. Sucks because you will have to get another one. i've heard of thermaltake and honestly kinda only heard good things so it could be a dud. But that exact model of psu isn't easy to find on the internet so it might be a worse model. What's your system specs? I can't imagine you needing more than 600 watts but its possible.

If you check my previous posts then you can see that i'm facing this problem for months but still can't find any solution for that.
It's that my pc turns off when i export 8k maps from substance painter, but i thought i fixed that by turning my gpu's clock. 
Today this evening when i started playing a games pc started restarting, but yesterday i played that game for 4hours, when it started restarting my pc i checked again and also that 8k exporting was causing my pc to restart, 
also heaven benchmark caused pc to restart,but running furmark didn't cause any restart.
So i went to a shop to check my psu, they used cx600 PSU to check, and that heaven benchmarks, and 8k export didn't cause any restart, Also in that shop i tried with my PSU again, it first it didn't cause any restart at first, but at the 2nd try it did restart.
So i was planning for a new PSU to buy, (i have warranty for this one, though this thermaltake smart se 630W isn't a great PSU) 
But right now i tried that 8k export and heaven benchmarks again to restart my pc,(so to be clear) but now it isn't restarting, also i played that game (RIME) for 40min, and pc didn't restart, 
And whenever my UPS makes a clicking sound pc restart, i technician i know said it's PSU problem, cause i sent my ups to fix, and he said his pc isn't restarting, so maybe it's my psu.
So i don't know what i should do? i was planning to buy this PSU https://www.techlandbd.com/pc-components/desktop-power-supply/corsair-power-supply/Corsair-cx650M-650-watt-power-supply
But i'm 100% sure if my current psu is faulty or not, is it possible that maybe gpu is at faulty here? It's not BSOD or even black screen/greenscreen. Pc just turns off like there's no power and starts turning on after couple of sec. 

Please read everything and help me out here :( 

Alright a little bit confused but lets start simple. Does this issue persist if you plug your pc straight into the wall aka no UPS. Does the issue happen more often if you haven't "tuned" your gpus clock? As long as temps aren't an issue start a furmark run if it crashes then it could be because of the psu, UPS, or gpu. So then try it again plugged into the wall not the UPS, if it goes away its the UPS if it doesn't try "tuning" the gpus clock if its happens then its the psu. Now this is simplified but it gives us a good start. 

25 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

Alright a little bit confused but lets start simple. Does this issue persist if you plug your pc straight into the wall aka no UPS. Does the issue happen more often if you haven't "tuned" your gpus clock? As long as temps aren't an issue start a furmark run if it crashes then it could be because of the psu, UPS, or gpu. So then try it again plugged into the wall not the UPS, if it goes away its the UPS if it doesn't try "tuning" the gpus clock if its happens then its the psu. Now this is simplified but it gives us a good start. 

I did all of those tests.

1. If i plug the pc directly into wall and export 8k maps? Yes it restarts.

2. And like i said i thought i fixed the issue by tuning the clock, but actually clock wasn't the issue, it doesn't matter if it restart it restarts, sometime it doesn't.

3.i ran furmark for an hour before, not today, and temp didn't cross 65C. And furmark didn't cause any restart

4. And since it's a oc edition card from sapphire, mem clock set to 2100 and gpu clock set to 1560, i changed it back to 2000 and 1470 after searching for base clock of the rx590 gpu. Still it restarted. 

So what now? 

Thanks for your reply, 

Right now I'll try again exporting the textures in 8k 

With their default clock and base clock.

6 minutes ago, Chokez said:

I did all of those tests.

1. If i plug the pc directly into wall and export 8k maps? Yes it restarts.

2. And like i said i thought i fixed the issue by tuning the clock, but actually clock wasn't the issue, it doesn't matter if it restart it restarts, sometime it doesn't.

3.i ran furmark for an hour before, not today, and temp didn't cross 65C. And furmark didn't cause any restart

4. And since it's a oc edition card from sapphire, mem clock set to 2100 and gpu clock set to 1560, i changed it back to 2000 and 1470 after searching for base clock of the rx590 gpu. Still it restarted. 

So what now? 

Thanks for your reply, 

Right now I'll try again exporting the textures in 8k 

With their default clock and base clock.

Dang that was quick. By restart do you mean blue screen or just boom. Does it do it whenever you don't put any load on the computer? Try running prime 95 or something this way we can see if its the psu or something else. What's your full system specs? Check that your gpus 6/8 pins are plugged in all the way.

5 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

Dang that was quick. By restart do you mean blue screen or just boom. Does it do it whenever you don't put any load on the computer? Try running prime 95 or something this way we can see if its the psu or something else. What's your full system specs? Check that your gpus 6/8 pins are plugged in all the way.

No blue screen of death, its boom

It doesn't restart if I don't put any pressure.

I just test those again, but this time it didn't restart with and without tuning gpu's clock.

Every cables are plugged in perfectly. 

It was like if I try to export 8k maps from substance painter it will restart in 10 seconds when graphics card start pulling the power. 

And one thing I forgot to mention is that when graphics card is pulling more than 170W, then if i turn the main power off of the UPS pc restarts, 

I thought it's UPS fault so I send it to the warranty and they changed the battery but it didn't fix the problem.

Show then maybe I thought it's UPS board problem, I send it to the the technician I know and he said UPSC find maybe it's my power supply's capacitor problem. 

But I want to know what is it exactly? Is it really the UPS who is delaying or power supply who cant storage the power? 

@Ohsnaps here is the thing like I said those didn't call any restart but I just Ran OCCT 

But with shader complexity 8 it's restarting instantly, also i tried 4 and still it's restarting but not restarting with 1 

But when stress testing with shader complexity 1 it's almost pulling 180Watt+ 

Soooo? 

Edit : now also did restart with 1

Edit 2 : I tuned the GPu's clock and still it restarted 

Edit 3 : now furmark with MSAA 0 caused it to restart (boom)

But 4 and 8 didn't (note that they can't pull full power, only 0 and 2 crosses 180watt, though i didn't test with MSAA2 )

I think I'm done with the tests, what do you think now? Keep in mind PC doesn't restart if gpu isn't under stress, I used it all day without any restart (browsing and other non gpu pressure work)

@Ohsnaps

So you tried it with a different psu in your system and it still restarted. Correct?

Have you tried using a different gou and seeing if it restarts?

6 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

So you tried it with a different psu in your system and it still restarted. Correct?

Have you tried using a different gou and seeing if it restarts?

No it didn't restart with that psu 

I am posting about this cause sometimes my pc restarts and sometimes it doesn't with my psu, 

So I was worried that maybe that time my PC didn't restart with that psu. 

And please read my other replies of those test I've done above. See if you can understand if it's my psu or the gpu.

6 minutes ago, Chokez said:

No it didn't restart with that psu 

I am posting about this cause sometimes my pc restarts and sometimes it doesn't with my psu, 

So I was worried that maybe that time my PC didn't restart with that psu. 

And please read my other replies of those test I've done above. See if you can understand if it's my psu or the gpu.

If im reading right.

It does it randomly with your psu. But with the test psu it didnt? 

But i cant see anywhere that you have tried a different gpu?

Just now, RonnieOP said:

If im reading right.

It does it randomly with your psu. But with the test psu it didnt? 

But i cant see anywhere that you have tried a different gpu?

No i didn't test with another psu, he bought a used cx600, and test with that 

I ran heaven benchmarks, and export 8k textures, but didn't cause any restart, and he said, my psu is faulty then, 

Also in that shop my pc restarted while i tried to export 8k maps, 

But again after coming home couple of hours later i tried to export 8k maps it didn't restarts, 

But if you've read those other replies you can see that just a while ago i ran OCCT only for gpu stress testing and pc did restart instantly. (I didn't use this software in that shop though)

Keep in mind that PC doesn't restart if gpu isn't under stress.

1 minute ago, Chokez said:

No i didn't test with another psu, he bought a used cx600, and test with that 

I ran heaven benchmarks, and export 8k textures, but didn't cause any restart, and he said, my psu is faulty then, 

Also in that shop my pc restarted while i tried to export 8k maps, 

But again after coming home couple of hours later i tried to export 8k maps it didn't restarts, 

But if you've read those other replies you can see that just a while ago i ran OCCT only for gpu stress testing and pc did restart instantly. (I didn't use this software in that shop though)

Keep in mind that PC doesn't restart if gpu isn't under stress.

Your really confusing me here.

"No i didnt test with another psu. He bought another psu and we tested with that".

So then you did test with another psu??

Can you go to a local store and just buy a new psu and use it for testing for a few days? Then if it keeps restarting i would say the gpu is probably the culprit. 

4 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Your really confusing me here.

"No i didnt test with another psu. He bought another psu and we tested with that".

So then you did test with another psu??

Can you go to a local store and just buy a new psu and use it for testing for a few days? Then if it keeps restarting i would say the gpu is probably the culprit. 

Sorry sorry sorry, i meant another GPU

I didn't test with another GPU

But i did test with another corsair cx600 psu,  

And it didn't restart, but like i said i posted this because I'm worried that it restarting sometimes, and sometime it doesn't, so maybe in that time with that psu it didn't restart? Is that even possible? 

Cause im facing this problem since October, and then in dec 17 i want to vacation, after coming back home in jan5, i though the problem has been fixed, cause it's not restarting anymore, but again today it has been started again, 

Games, stress test didn't cause any restart before, only 8k textures exporting did, 

But now games, stress also that 8k textures exporting causing restarts.

OCCT stress test causing restart instantly, but 8k textures exporting not causing restart evertime.

But before going to vacation, only 8k texture caused instant restart. 

So do you understand what is going on here?

10 minutes ago, Chokez said:

Sorry sorry sorry, i meant another GPU

I didn't test with another GPU

But i did test with another corsair cx600 psu,  

And it didn't restart, but like i said i posted this because I'm worried that it restarting sometimes, and sometime it doesn't, so maybe in that time with that psu it didn't restart? Is that even possible? 

Cause im facing this problem since October, and then in dec 17 i want to vacation, after coming back home in jan5, i though the problem has been fixed, cause it's not restarting anymore, but again today it has been started again, 

Games, stress test didn't cause any restart before, only 8k textures exporting did, 

But now games, stress also that 8k textures exporting causing restarts.

OCCT stress test causing restart instantly, but 8k textures exporting not causing restart evertime.

But before going to vacation, only 8k texture caused instant restart. 

So do you understand what is going on here?

Ok.

Im no expert so i cant give you exact detailed help on what might be going on.

But from the sound of it. Its likely the psu or gpu.

What i would do is buy another psu and test with it. If it doesnt restart on you after a while then it was your psu. If it does restart then you return the pau then pick up another gpu and see what happens.

3 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Ok.

Im no expert so i cant give you exact detailed help on what might be going on.

But from the sound of it. Its likely the psu or gpu.

What i would do is buy another psu and test with it. If it doesnt restart on you after a while then it was your psu. If it does restart then you return the pau then pick up another gpu and see what happens.

Returning the PSU might not be an option, in this country, i have warranty for current one, if the is the faltu here then after fixing it I'll sell it 2nd hand.

Cause this thermaltake smart se isn't a great psu, i was thinking about getting a better psu.

Which one should i get? 

And if you have knowledge about PSU's and if those psu's aren't good enough then can you choose me from this site?  Under 6500TK (WE DON'T HAVE AMAZON YET)

@Ohsnaps here is the thing like I said those didn't call any restart but I just Ran OCCT 

But with shader complexity 8 it's restarting instantly, also i tried 4 and still it's restarting but not restarting with 1 

But when stress testing with shader complexity 1 it's almost pulling 180Watt+ 

Soooo? 

Edit : now also did restart with 1

Edit 2 : I tuned the GPu's clock and still it restarted 

Edit 3 : now furmark with MSAA 0 caused it to restart (boom)

But 4 and 8 didn't (note that they can't pull full power, only 0 and 2 crosses 180watt, though i didn't test with MSAA2 )

I think I'm done with the tests, what do you think now? Keep in mind PC doesn't restart if gpu isn't under stress, I used it all day without any restart (browsing and other non gpu pressure work)

@Ohsnaps

@Ohsnaps I'm waiting for your reply :)

When you're online please check those 2 replies, specially this one.

1 hour ago, Chokez said:

Thank you for mentioning him,

He also should read my Other comments to understand it better what is going on

Which one should i get? 

Corsair CX 600 should be enough honestly after everything it seems only logical to be the psu. Sucks because you will have to get another one. i've heard of thermaltake and honestly kinda only heard good things so it could be a dud. But that exact model of psu isn't easy to find on the internet so it might be a worse model. What's your system specs? I can't imagine you needing more than 600 watts but its possible.

8 hours ago, Ohsnaps said:

Which one you're saying maybe a worst model?

And my spec is

i5 6400

Gigabyte h110m mobo

8+8gb ddr3 ram

5 cassis fan, 2hdd 1ssd

Rx 590 oc edition

And is it safe to use pc right now? Or i should keep it off until i buy the new PSU? (Since it doesn't restart if I don't stress the GPU)

20 hours ago, Chokez said:

Which one you're saying maybe a worst model?

And my spec is

i5 6400

Gigabyte h110m mobo

8+8gb ddr3 ram

5 cassis fan, 2hdd 1ssd

Rx 590 oc edition

And is it safe to use pc right now? Or i should keep it off until i buy the new PSU? (Since it doesn't restart if I don't stress the GPU)

I wouldn't it could damage the pc if it keeps happening. 

Thanks @Ohsnaps @RonnieOP The problem has been solved after buying that new PSU, 
I'm still testing for hours and pc isn't restarting, 
Though 1 other thing, when gpu is pulling 180watt from the GPU if i turn off main power of the ups, Pc restart's, but when it's pulling less than that it doesn't restart.
Also i had the same problem with thermaltake PSU, So i'm guessing since it's offline UPS it takes too much time to convert power? or this budget PSU doesn't have bigger capacitor to hold much power when UPS is switching? or maybe also my UPS is faulty here? 

1 hour ago, Chokez said:

Thanks @Ohsnaps @RonnieOP The problem has been solved after buying that new PSU, 
I'm still testing for hours and pc isn't restarting, 
Though 1 other thing, when gpu is pulling 180watt from the GPU if i turn off main power of the ups, Pc restart's, but when it's pulling less than that it doesn't restart.
Also i had the same problem with thermaltake PSU, So i'm guessing since it's offline UPS it takes too much time to convert power? or this budget PSU doesn't have bigger capacitor to hold much power when UPS is switching? or maybe also my UPS is faulty here? 

Im not an expert on UPS but a while back i bought one on sale and it just wasnt powerful enough for my pc so i had to get a better one.

What model is the ups? What happens when your not connected to the ups at all?

I ended up using the cheap ups on my router and monitors and getting a better one for my desktop. 

1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

What model is the ups? What happens when your not connected to the ups at all?

It's powerguard 1200va ups. (it's 720Watt maybe)
And what happens? I mean UPS is for preventing turning off pc directly because of black outs. ( if there's no UPS then during power outage pc will just turn off)
It does work when GPU is pulling less than 170watt, but when it's pulling more than that and power goes off pc more likely turns off/restarts, but ups is still running,
To me it feels like UPS is delaying. cause when pc is idle, and if I turn the main power off pc is now running on the battery, then I'm gonna start gaming/benchmarking which pulls 170watt+ from the gpu, and pc is still running on battery power.
But it doesn't when UPS is changing AC to DC power. (I cant tell if it's recent problem, cause I never tested UPS like this before)
@Ohsnaps Do you understand this problem?

4 hours ago, Chokez said:

It's powerguard 1200va ups. (it's 720Watt maybe)
And what happens? I mean UPS is for preventing turning off pc directly because of black outs. ( if there's no UPS then during power outage pc will just turn off)
It does work when GPU is pulling less than 170watt, but when it's pulling more than that and power goes off pc more likely turns off/restarts, but ups is still running,
To me it feels like UPS is delaying. cause when pc is idle, and if I turn the main power off pc is now running on the battery, then I'm gonna start gaming/benchmarking which pulls 170watt+ from the gpu, and pc is still running on battery power.
But it doesn't when UPS is changing AC to DC power. (I cant tell if it's recent problem, cause I never tested UPS like this before)
@Ohsnaps Do you understand this problem?

PSU's can be weird aka they can support 1000watts when plugged in but can only power something that's 500 watts. I would look up the psu model and see what its PEAK power draw is and SUSTAINED power draw is. Because sometimes 1000 watts is just peak while 500 watts is sustained.

2 hours ago, Ohsnaps said:

PSU's can be weird aka they can support 1000watts when plugged in but can only power something that's 500 watts. I would look up the psu model and see what its PEAK power draw is and SUSTAINED power draw is. Because sometimes 1000 watts is just peak while 500 watts is sustained.

Sorry I didn't quite understand what you are talking about. I am asking about UPS here.

My system isn't pulling more than 400 watts i think 

And UPS is 720watt 1200va(they're saying) 

During ups's change over time, when pc is under load it restarts. 

So ups is faulty and and talking too much time than it should? Or PSU capacitor isn't that big to store the power? Or any other problem? Cause i just can't fine any other UPS to test with.