Bluetooth mouse wont work

jjbeebe

I have tried everything disables/re-enable, uninstall/reinstall,  windows update, etc.. I don’t know if I am missing anything. I am an editor and it is next to impossible to edit without a mouse.

image.thumb.png.fd64a81862bb61bea21ea2c5c4d87b75.png

image.png.be342a5feb04a585189c269d54a33334.png

image.png.a2a66dcd89cc8cd19cbdd8bbbdc1065e.png

With Bluetooth there is  “discovery”, “pairing” and driver.  One device has to search out and “discover” the other, then they need to “pair”. During this the driver has to work.  Lack of either could read as a driver error, or there might be an actual driver error.  If both are “discoverable” but neither is doing any discovering nothing is going to happen.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Not sure how to fix the driver error, I have installed the driver from the support page etc.. and no go. they both can see one another. 

1 minute ago, jjbeebe said:

I have installed the driver from the support page

I would try to uninstall the mouse software and then right click on the device in Device Manager select uninstall and check "Delete the driver software for this device". Then reboot your PC and install the software again. 

all my drivers are updated (manually installed) to try and fix the issue and windows is fully updated

1 minute ago, jjbeebe said:

all my drivers are updated (manually installed) to try and fix the issue and windows is fully updated

Even if your drivers are updated you have a driver issue right now, so your mouse driver might be corrupted. So try to uninstall the device (follow the steps in my previous post) and then install it again.

Just now, jjbeebe said:

did it and no go 

Can you try your mouse on another computer? This is a new mouse or it worked before? If so since when it doesn't work? 

5 minutes ago, jjbeebe said:

Not sure how to fix the driver error, I have installed the driver from the support page etc.. and no go. they both can see one another. 

It might (or might not be) be useful to point out that Bluetooth pairing is relatively complex and messy.

It’s a complicated exchange with several steps.  

It’s possible something got missed or messed up in the process even if the driver issue is fixed.  Turning everything off and on and restarting the whole process would be needed at each point to check function.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

it could be more complicated, no mouse connected or set up and still showing this 

image.png.bfe05c88b1ccb81979d2b8ef567cf40c.png

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It might (or might not be) be useful to point out that Bluetooth pairing is relatively complex and messy.

It’s a complicated exchange with several steps.  

It’s possible something got missed or messed up in the process even if the driver issue is fixed.  Turning everything off and on and restarting the whole process would be needed at each point to check function.

gave this a shot also