Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjbeebe

Bluetooth mouse wont work

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have tried everything disables/re-enable, uninstall/reinstall,  windows update, etc.. I don’t know if I am missing anything. I am an editor and it is next to impossible to edit without a mouse.

 

image.thumb.png.fd64a81862bb61bea21ea2c5c4d87b75.png

 

 

image.png.be342a5feb04a585189c269d54a33334.png

image.png.a2a66dcd89cc8cd19cbdd8bbbdc1065e.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

With Bluetooth there is  “discovery”, “pairing” and driver.  One device has to search out and “discover” the other, then they need to “pair”. During this the driver has to work.  Lack of either could read as a driver error, or there might be an actual driver error.  If both are “discoverable” but neither is doing any discovering nothing is going to happen.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Not sure how to fix the driver error, I have installed the driver from the support page etc.. and no go. they both can see one another. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jjbeebe said:

I have installed the driver from the support page

I would try to uninstall the mouse software and then right click on the device in Device Manager select uninstall and check "Delete the driver software for this device". Then reboot your PC and install the software again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

all my drivers are updated (manually installed) to try and fix the issue and windows is fully updated

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jjbeebe said:

all my drivers are updated (manually installed) to try and fix the issue and windows is fully updated

Even if your drivers are updated you have a driver issue right now, so your mouse driver might be corrupted. So try to uninstall the device (follow the steps in my previous post) and then install it again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jjbeebe said:

did it and no go 

Can you try your mouse on another computer? This is a new mouse or it worked before? If so since when it doesn't work? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jjbeebe said:

Not sure how to fix the driver error, I have installed the driver from the support page etc.. and no go. they both can see one another. 

It might (or might not be) be useful to point out that Bluetooth pairing is relatively complex and messy.

It’s a complicated exchange with several steps.  

It’s possible something got missed or messed up in the process even if the driver issue is fixed.  Turning everything off and on and restarting the whole process would be needed at each point to check function.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

it could be more complicated, no mouse connected or set up and still showing this 

image.png.bfe05c88b1ccb81979d2b8ef567cf40c.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It might (or might not be) be useful to point out that Bluetooth pairing is relatively complex and messy.

It’s a complicated exchange with several steps.  

It’s possible something got missed or messed up in the process even if the driver issue is fixed.  Turning everything off and on and restarting the whole process would be needed at each point to check function.

gave this a shot also

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×