Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alexfegan321

Question about my Logitech z906 5.1

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have the 5.1 logitech z906 system 

I normally have this connected to my pc with the green, pink and black cables and it sounds epic. but my pc is at another house.

My question is, how come it works pretty decent with just the green cable into my ipad? I mean it only enables 5 of the speakers but it still works, sounds decent and subwoofer is enabled.

Can someone help explain these 3 cables and then recommend a decent adapter for when i do want to connect it to something else other than my pc into the motherboard lol 

1 cable just gives you stereo (left and right channel).
But the Logitech system has built in detection and if it just sees stereo it will automaticly fill it to the rest of the speakers. (a sort of fake surround).

If you connect them with 3 cables you have your front left and right your back left and right en the last one is centre and subwoofer.
But the subwoofer wont work cus it uses the data from the stereo channel to make its own subwoofer sound. (Why you choose always full rang when setting it up in windows)
And when there needs to be sound from the back or centre the computer will send it to the right channel directly.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Just now, HanZie82 said:

1 cable just gives you stereo (left and right channel).
But the Logitech system has built in detection and if it just sees stereo it will automaticly fill it to the rest of the speakers. (a sort of fake surround).

If you connect them with 3 cables you have your front left and right your back left and right en the last one is centre and subwoofer.
But the subwoofer wont work cus it uses the data from the stereo channel to make its own subwoofer sound. (Why you choose always full rang when setting it up in windows)
And when there needs to be sound from the back or centre the computer will send it to the right channel directly.

Thanks bro, I agree, it is like two main ones are working, and the other two get fake sound, and one is off, but I mean for short notice and one cable, 2 speakers and bass is more than enough for this new eminem album lol. thankyou 

1 minute ago, alexfegan321 said:

Thanks bro, I agree, it is like two main ones are working, and the other two get fake sound, and one is off, but I mean for short notice and one cable, 2 speakers and bass is more than enough for this new eminem album lol. thankyou 

Yup, Logitech does now how to make them work with lots of stuff. ?
Enjoy your most likely booming sound.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

4 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Yup, Logitech does now how to make them work with lots of stuff. ?
Enjoy your most likely booming sound.

Youd be surprised lol, only thing that seems off is the choice in how loud it makes the words to sub ratio, sub itself doesnt sound much different? more like instruments but im not an audio guy as you can tell lol