Where to put the new HDD in my PC case?

Ryksa
Go to solution Solved by HanZie82,

SSD's no problem putting them on with some sticky tape or whatever.

Mechanical drives i would not do that with, they damage more easily due to shocks and they have moving parts so you kinda want to fasten them.
But if you dont move your case have a flat spot to put it (horizontaly) and it wont slide should NOT be a reason to break/not work.

Hello!

I bought a new internal HDD for my PC config, but my H17 Thermaltake Versa (mATX) case support only one slot for HDDs, which is already have one.

1) There is plenty of space under my GPU for the new one, is it good enough to leave it there without proper fixation to the case? I do not know how well it would behave under a GPU running on load 60-70 degrees.

2) Would it be wise to put it over my old HDD (fixed to case) without fixation?

Thank you for your help.

3 minutes ago, Ryksa said:

is it good enough to leave it there without proper fixation to the case?

I mean, you could probably tape it down or something, but yeah as long as you aren't tossing around the case or tipping it you'll be fine. That's how mine was. I just used some electrical tape and taped the thing down a little and it was all good

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

SSD's no problem putting them on with some sticky tape or whatever.

Mechanical drives i would not do that with, they damage more easily due to shocks and they have moving parts so you kinda want to fasten them.
But if you dont move your case have a flat spot to put it (horizontaly) and it wont slide should NOT be a reason to break/not work.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!