New Ryzen 3600 RX 5700 xt build Question

So I’m building a new pc and PCPartPicker is saying I might have an error. I’m not concerned about the Mobo error since this is a max board. Mainly fitment issues and was wondering if anyone could let me know If I’m good to go! I’m thinking that a part just doesn’t have its dimensions in the system so I should be fine. I have attached pics of everything and the warning. Thanks in advance!

edit: I am also interested in any suggestions

9012BC61-4660-4B6F-870D-A7653E4AD6FD.jpeg

ACDC05C7-E6DC-4E6A-B11B-C1DF44ACA02D.jpeg

92097E4B-0D48-4F80-A33A-5ED03FAB7816.jpeg

432B96FB-65F4-4FFA-AB23-6CFDDD424A13.jpeg

Edited by CornPocket

edit: didn't read the tread properly.

Edited by Herman Mcpootis

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Yeah, the build is completely fine max series boards support zen2 CPUs out of the box. 

PCPP categorises this max series board as a b450 board (which it actually is). And most of the b450 boards don't have out of the box compatibility. PCPP generalises most of the stuff.

Changes that I'll recommend...

1. Skip the Corsair cooler and upgrade the CPU to 3700x. It has got RGB as well. Also, it is a pretty decent cooler considering it is a stock cooler.
  2. Go with tomahawk max / a pro max / gaming plus max / mortar max any one of the above instead of pro vdh max.
  3. Go with 3600mhz cl16 ram kit. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jBZzK8/gskill-ripjaws-v-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-f4-3600c16d-16gvkc
  4. You can get away with silicon power a80 for the SSD. It's slightly faster and cheaper.
  5. Get the MSI Rx 5700xt gaming x instead of the gigabyte one. It is one of the best cooled Rx 5700xt and is $10 cheaper. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jbK2FT/msi-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-gaming-x-video-card-radeon-rx-5700-xt-gaming-x

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

PCPP does not check for the Max name, it just sees them as B450

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

6 hours ago, VEXICUS said:

Skip the Corsair cooler and upgrade the CPU to 3700x. It has got RGB as well. Also, it is a pretty decent cooler considering it is a stock cooler.

This. Definitely do this.

I would prioritize RGB differently if it were my build:

• Went for the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon. Solid VRM board with nice looking RGB elements. No need for a $20 overspend on an RGB SSD.
    • This board supports a BIOS flash. So it isn't BIOS ready right out of the box, but you don't need another CPU, just a flash drive!
  • Very sexy RGB case with great airflow and a slot to mount your radiator on top. 
  • The H100i is such an overspend. I generally like air over liquid cooling, but the ML240L is a solid RGB AIO for a great price. (And the fans will sync easily with your case fans.)
  • I opted for the difference in SSD pricing to go toward a much better cooler on the GPU. For just the $20ish more, you've got a very high performing and very quiet unit with the NITRO+.

10 hours ago, VEXICUS said:

Yeah, the build is completely fine max series boards support zen2 CPUs out of the box. 

PCPP categorises this max series board as a b450 board (which it actually is). And most of the b450 boards don't have out of the box compatibility. PCPP generalises most of the stuff.

Changes that I'll recommend...

1. Skip the Corsair cooler and upgrade the CPU to 3700x. It has got RGB as well. Also, it is a pretty decent cooler considering it is a stock cooler.
  2. Go with tomahawk max / a pro max / gaming plus max / mortar max any one of the above instead of pro vdh max.
  3. Go with 3600mhz cl16 ram kit. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jBZzK8/gskill-ripjaws-v-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-f4-3600c16d-16gvkc
  4. You can get away with silicon power a80 for the SSD. It's slightly faster and cheaper.
  5. Get the MSI Rx 5700xt gaming x instead of the gigabyte one. It is one of the best cooled Rx 5700xt and is $10 cheaper. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jbK2FT/msi-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-gaming-x-video-card-radeon-rx-5700-xt-gaming-x

Thank you for your reply and I’ve been thinking that same exact things about the cooler so that confirms that! I forgot to mention that I already have the 280x case, so I need a matt form factor board and mortar Max’s aren’t very available in the US :/ as well as other MSI arsenal series matx max boards. So that is why I was looking at a pro vdh max board. Let me know what you think about the board situation. And thanks for all the advice!

58 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

I would prioritize RGB differently if it were my build:

• Went for the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon. Solid VRM board with nice looking RGB elements. No need for a $20 overspend on an RGB SSD.
    • This board supports a BIOS flash. So it isn't BIOS ready right out of the box, but you don't need another CPU, just a flash drive!
  • Very sexy RGB case with great airflow and a slot to mount your radiator on top. 
  • The H100i is such an overspend. I generally like air over liquid cooling, but the ML240L is a solid RGB AIO for a great price. (And the fans will sync easily with your case fans.)
  • I opted for the difference in SSD pricing to go toward a much better cooler on the GPU. For just the $20ish more, you've got a very high performing and very quiet unit with the NITRO+.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me all this advice! I forgot to mention above that I already have the case so I need a matx board. I am also based in the US so getting a mortar max is a pin unless I spend $150 on eBay. Which it should be $80-$90. Let me know if you have any other suggestions! Thanks again!

19 minutes ago, CornPocket said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me all this advice! I forgot to mention above that I already have the case so I need a matx board. I am also based in the US so getting a mortar max is a pin unless I spend $150 on eBay. Which it should be $80-$90. Let me know if you have any other suggestions! Thanks again!

You can get the msi b450m pro-vdh max

8 minutes ago, CornPocket said:

There is also the B450M Steel Legend to be considered, then!

However it doesn't have a BIOS flash or MAX version.

35 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

You can get the msi b450m pro-vdh max

That is the board I have in the build pics above! I think that is the way to go for me at the moment. Thanks for the input!

31 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

There is also the B450M Steel Legend to be considered, then!

However it doesn't have a BIOS flash or MAX version.

Based on what I’ve been seeing I’m thinking the MSI b450m pro vdh max is a little better board based on reviews

2 hours ago, CornPocket said:

Thank you for your reply and I’ve been thinking that same exact things about the cooler so that confirms that! I forgot to mention that I already have the 280x case, so I need a matt form factor board and mortar Max’s aren’t very available in the US :/ as well as other MSI arsenal series matx max boards. So that is why I was looking at a pro vdh max board. Let me know what you think about the board situation. And thanks for all the advice!

Don't get me wrong. The pro vdh max is a pretty good board, but mortar max would be slightly better.

Pro vdh max will be enough for a 3600 with moderate OC.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

What about using the 3700x with the msi b450m pro vdh Max? I’m pretty sure it’ll be fine. I want the b450m mortar max but it’s just not available in the US

I decided to order a msi b450m mortar max from the UK... I am in the US so it is not ideal I just rather buy a good board and not go x570 yet

@VEXICUS@trevb0t So far I have decided to go with the mortar max board, the Corsair 280x case and just purchased the 550W TX550M power supply made by corsair. Is this forsure enough power for the 3700x and 5700 xt Sapphire Nitro+? I have checked other places and seems to be okay but then I read the Nitro+ recommends 600W plus of power?

38 minutes ago, CornPocket said:

@VEXICUS@trevb0t So far I have decided to go with the mortar max board, the Corsair 280x case and just purchased the 550W TX550M power supply made by corsair. Is this forsure enough power for the 3700x and 5700 xt Sapphire Nitro+? I have checked other places and seems to be okay but then I read the Nitro+ recommends 600W plus of power?

It should be fine, but if you're gonna do some overclocking, you might want to bump up the power supply to a 650W.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

6 minutes ago, Xiee said:

It should be fine, but if you're gonna do some overclocking, you might want to bump up the power supply to a 650W.

Thanks! I already bought the PSU so lets hope its all good haha

1 hour ago, CornPocket said:

550W is fine for any single GPU PC. You'll be just fine!