Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kylan275

Computer doesn't "sleep" properly

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I had this problem with my previous motherboard and I'm disappointed it's happening with my new one too.

 

The problem is this:

 

Sometimes when I put the computer to sleep, it doesn't sleep "properly", meaning that the screen goes black, but the fans and lights are still on and I can never wake the computer from this state. My only option is to hold down the power button and force it to shut off and restart. Why does this happen? What exactly is causing it to happen?

 

As I said, it only happens sometimes. Other times, it goes to sleep just fine, everything shuts off, the power button starts blinking and I can wake it by pressing a key on the keyboard or pressing the power button once. 


Current System: MSI B450M Mortar Titanium, AMD Radeon 570 8GB (ASRock enclosure), AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM 3200 MHz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair 280X Chassis

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never ever had a Windows computer, laptop or desktop, sleep properly.

They usually can when new, but some time later they just stop sleeping properly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something is not allowing your PC to go to sleep, it can be either having ACPI configured poorly, something in Windows or some piece of software that runs in background. Too many variables to say for sure.


Purify your Windows 10, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

BTW, I am folding on laptop now, are you? https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
58 minutes ago, Chen G said:

I've never ever had a Windows computer, laptop or desktop, sleep properly.

They usually can when new, but some time later they just stop sleeping properly.

Now that I think about, I don't know that I have either. I'm primarily a Mac user so this problem I find extremely frustrating -_-

 

51 minutes ago, Spakes said:

Something is not allowing your PC to go to sleep, it can be either having ACPI configured poorly, something in Windows or some piece of software that runs in background. Too many variables to say for sure.

Thanks. I figured there'd probably too many variables to ever find out. It's not he worst problem ever, but it is pretty frustrating since I like to leave my computer on all day but don't want all the fans and everything running for hours when I'm not using it. 


Current System: MSI B450M Mortar Titanium, AMD Radeon 570 8GB (ASRock enclosure), AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM 3200 MHz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair 280X Chassis

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kylan275 said:

Now that I think about, I don't know that I have either. I'm primarily a Mac user so this problem I find extremely frustrating

I actually have my parents' PC sleeping and awaking properly. But I didn't do much there that could screw up something about that. My laptop, on the other hand... Oh, boy...

5 minutes ago, Kylan275 said:

Thanks. I figured there'd probably too many variables to ever find out. It's not he worst problem ever, but it is pretty frustrating since I like to leave my computer on all day but don't want all the fans and everything running for hours when I'm not using it. 

Wait, by the way, do you have any devices that are still turned on and do something (like mouse or keyboard with RGB) when you try to telll your PC to go to sleep?


Purify your Windows 10, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

BTW, I am folding on laptop now, are you? https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Actually, I believe the keyboard and mouse pad lights were off last time this happened. It's just the computer itself. 


Current System: MSI B450M Mortar Titanium, AMD Radeon 570 8GB (ASRock enclosure), AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RAM 3200 MHz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair 280X Chassis

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×