Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leoplate25

CPU low score in Passmark 9.0

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi. I have a 9600k on an asus hero xi wifi, 2x8gb predator 2933, an m.2 micron 2200 256gb, a samsung evo 860 1tb, bitfenix whisper 750w, h100i v2, rtx 2070, and im getting 1000 points less than the 13500 published on their site. I tried resetting the bios to its default, different power plans with no luck. In Cinebench r15 i get 1060 points. The thing is when i had a 6600k i got more points in passmark. What can it be? I attached a pic of the passmark run. Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I installed Windows in another SSD, same problem. I don't know if it's in the right category, sorry.

image_2713.jpg

24 minutes ago, Leoplate25 said:

In Cinebench r15 i get 1060 points.

Gee I seen 8600K's get far more than that... you've something throttlingo on this processor... did you check the temperatures yet?

Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Viper Steel |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
20 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

Gee I seen 8600K's get far more than that... you've something throttlingo on this processor... did you check the temperatures yet?

55 C tops. Don't know what's going on... :/ But Cinebench is ok.

5 minutes ago, Leoplate25 said:

55 C tops. Don't know what's going on... :/ But Cinebench is ok.

What about clock speeds? CPU, memory...

Purify your Windows 10, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

BTW, I am folding on laptop now, are you? https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

13 minutes ago, Spakes said:

What about clock speeds? CPU, memory...

4.3GHz all cores, 4.6GHz one core, RAM Kingston Predator 2933MHz 2x8GB. In CB R20 i get 2623cb. Comparing that result online i get a normal/stock score.

Passmark average score online: 13500 and i'm getting 12500... Passmark problem? Or what?

1 minute ago, Leoplate25 said:

4.3GHz all cores, 4.6GHz one core, RAM Kingston Predator 2933MHz 2x8GB. In CB R20 i get 2623cb. Comparing that result online i get a normal/stock score.

And they all hold there while benchmarking, do I get it right?

Purify your Windows 10, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

BTW, I am folding on laptop now, are you? https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

1 minute ago, Spakes said:

And they all hold there while benchmarking, do I get it right?

Yes, of course. Only on singlethreaded benchmark it goes up to 4.6GHz, the rest of the test 4.3GHz.

1 minute ago, Leoplate25 said:

Yes, of course. Only on singlethreaded benchmark it goes up to 4.6GHz, the rest of the test 4.3GHz.

Okay then...

Do they run same clocks on CPU and memory on the run that you compare your result with?

Does your memory have its XMP profile enabled?

And what about power delivery? Do you have UPS or something? That can destroy some perfomance, too...

Just now, Spakes said:

Okay then...

Do they run same clocks on CPU and memory on the run that you compare your result with?

Does your memory have its XMP profile enabled?

And what about power delivery? Do you have UPS or something? That can destroy some perfomance, too...

The average score is 13500, and i didn't see less.
I have XMP enabled, in fact i tried XMP 1 and 2.
I have an UPS. Should i connect the PC directly to power outlet (without the UPS)?

Just now, Leoplate25 said:

The average score is 13500, and i didn't see less.

Can you see any specs under any result? I'm just wondering.

3 minutes ago, Leoplate25 said:

I have an UPS. Should i connect the PC directly to power outlet (without the UPS)?

Definetely not. UPS makes it better, actually (some misunderstanding here, I see). How? By smoothing "sine waves" and thus making power delivery go smoother.

5 minutes ago, Leoplate25 said:

I have XMP enabled, in fact i tried XMP 1 and 2.

Try manual settings. I still think that XMP profiles might be misconfigured for some weird reason (which results in RAM running with obscure settings like huge timings or low speed).

2 minutes ago, Spakes said:

Definetely not. UPS makes it better, actually (some misunderstanding here, I see). How? By smoothing "sine waves" and thus making power delivery go smoother.

Try manual settings. I still think that XMP profiles might be misconfigured for some weird reason (which results in RAM running with obscure settings like huge timings or low speed).

The only thing that appeared in the Passmark scores is the RAM, CPU and Graphics card. I'm gonna try with manual setting and see what happens. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Spakes said:

Same thing! I installed Windows in another ssd an same thing. What's going on? Because CB is fine...

Same thing! I installed Windows in another ssd an same thing. What's going on? Because CB is fine...

Then I have only one thing to blame (might be something else, so take this with precaution)...

It might be that something in background eats some CPU time (like Windows Updates or Defender) or something is going on with MoBo... Did you update BIOS? Try it just for kicks (small chance that it might work).

But anyway, does this affect anything that you do on your PC speedwise (like FPS in games or rendering in Premiere Pro or Blender)?

Then I have only one thing to blame (might be something else, so take this with precaution)...

It might be that something in background eats some CPU time (like Windows Updates or Defender) or something is going on with MoBo... Did you update BIOS? Try it just for kicks (small chance that it might work).

But anyway, does this affect anything that you do on your PC speedwise (like FPS in games or rendering in Premiere Pro or Blender)?

No, it's just an annoying number, but you understand me. I want the best of my things, and this sh*tty program is ruining my day, hahaha! I have the latest BIOS, and i run everything just fine. In fact, i repeat, CB numbers are fine...

No, it's just an annoying number, but you understand me. I want the best of my things, and this sh*tty program is ruining my day, hahaha! I have the latest BIOS, and i run everything just fine. In fact, i repeat, CB numbers are fine...

Well, I could also guess about XBox DVR or game mode, but I'm getting tired of it, actually, so sorry... :P

Well, I could also guess about XBox DVR or game mode, but I'm getting tired of it, actually, so sorry... :P

I disabled all the xbox stuff, i disabled defender. Can it be the other antivirus? Sorry, and thanks very much!

I disabled all the xbox stuff, i disabled defender. Can it be the other antivirus? Sorry, and thanks very much!

It might. As well as Windows Update.

On 1/18/2020 at 1:01 AM, Spakes said:

It might. As well as Windows Update.

I think i found what the problem in the score is... Here are two pics, one of a normal score, and mine. Look at "compression". What is compression? Thanks again!

3e56383bbf0c4b86bd6b8a69738bf703.jpg

image_2713.jpg

Your memory performance test is horrible.

You should be closer to like above 4000.

My 8700K does 18700 plus. at 5ghz.

When you increase that memory performance, you'll increase the cpu score with it.

systems specs vs yours

8700K 5ghz performance mode. G.Skill 4266mhz CL 19 running 16's at 4300mhz.

Sweet spot 4000mhz CL14 or 16 on lower volt.

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / G.Skill 3600mhz B-Die / GTX 980 bmod / Antec 850w CP series

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / VGA any benching rig / Antec 1000w CP series

RAM Kingston Predator 2933MHz 2x8GB

Oh no, you want much faster speed memory than this for your Intel rig. 

I didn't see this till I read post by post.... sry for the double post.

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / G.Skill 3600mhz B-Die / GTX 980 bmod / Antec 850w CP series

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / VGA any benching rig / Antec 1000w CP series

11 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Oh no, you want much faster speed memory than this for your Intel rig. 

I didn't see this till I read post by post.... sry for the double post.

Hi and thanks for your answers. My score is on the image with the 12500 points and i didnt run any memory tests. The other image is a comparative image that i found on the internet (13600 points with memory tests done). I will run a memory test to see what i get. I just run cpu tests and i get low scores. I think the problem is the compression test and i dont know what it is.

EDIT: When i had a 6600K with 2400MHz DDR4 ram, i got better scores than the passmark site. I think is something to do with compression and single threaded performace. But i checked and the frequencies and temps are ok. 4.3 all cores, 4.6 single core, 55 degrees C tops. I'm very confused. In CB R15 (1060cb) and R20 (2626cb) i get good scores, same as you can find on the web.

11 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Your memory performance test is horrible.

You should be closer to like above 4000.

My 8700K does 18700 plus. at 5ghz.

When you increase that memory performance, you'll increase the cpu score with it.

systems specs vs yours

8700K 5ghz performance mode. G.Skill 4266mhz CL 19 running 16's at 4300mhz.

Sweet spot 4000mhz CL14 or 16 on lower volt.

Hi, again! Here are my results compared vs the passmark site:

CPU: 12.521 (low score in compression) vs 13.510 (passmark site)
Graphics Card: 14.849 vs 14.052 (passmark site)
M.2 Micron 2200 256gb: 13.523 vs 11.273 (passmark site)
SATA Samsung 1tb EVO 860: 5.309 vs 4.870 (passmark site)
RAM Score: 3.488 - read/write 19.236/15.205 vs read/write 18.562/14.399 (passmark site)

Everything seems fine, except for the CPU. 

The Cpu score is only a little low because of the Cpu clock frequency, Looks close to what mine looks like at stock. 

However I've never really ran this bench before, maybe a couple of times. I don't feel it's the best for directly comparing System capability. Or in other words it's not the tell all test.

Performance will come with clock speed, either on the cpu or memory and both.

For some reason, I had thought you where running a higher cpu frequency, and did a run for comparison with you. I think your system is fine, and probably a waste of time to dwell too much on the PassMark cpu score.

42 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The Cpu score is only a little low because of the Cpu clock frequency, Looks close to what mine looks like at stock. 

However I've never really ran this bench before, maybe a couple of times. I don't feel it's the best for directly comparing System capability. Or in other words it's not the tell all test.

Performance will come with clock speed, either on the cpu or memory and both.

For some reason, I had thought you where running a higher cpu frequency, and did a run for comparison with you. I think your system is fine, and probably a waste of time to dwell too much on the PassMark cpu score.

I have the cpu at stock clocks (4.3 multi core, 4.6 single core). Cbench is fine, cpuz is fine. Maybe a bug in passmark, dont know.

Thanks for your time and answers.