Zephyrus S GX701 upgrades

I have the Zephyrus S GX701... I’m looking to upgrade to liquid metal thermal paste, add thermal pads (Any advice or tips please comment ☺️) and upgrade the wifi card from 9560 to AX200. For some strange reason I am experiencing major driver (blue screen) issues with the current 9560. 

One key issue also, where is the wifi module even located? I can’t seem to find it! 

For those doing internet searches ifixit has nothing on either problem.

As far as the WiFi card goes though if you can find an antenna wire it might be possible to follow it back to the card.  Watched a take apart of a lower end model and it had the antennas in front going under the battery.  There was a bit of room under there in that one too which gives me a nasty suspicion that that is where they put it.  Just guessing though.

link to the vid of the lower end zepherus

Nope.  I’m wrong.  This video shows WiFi card removal.  It’s just south of the CPU side(?) fan under the heat pipe.  I think.  Yet another not exactly your machine video.

Edited by Bombastinator
Video added. Then another

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 1/18/2020 at 11:10 AM, Bombastinator said:

For those doing internet searches ifixit has nothing on either problem.

As far as the WiFi card goes though if you can find an antenna wire it might be possible to follow it back to the card.  Watched a take apart of a lower end model and it had the antennas in front going under the battery.  There was a bit of room under there in that one too which gives me a nasty suspicion that that is where they put it.  Just guessing though.

link to the vid of the lower end zepherus

Nope.  I’m wrong.  This video shows WiFi card removal.  It’s just south of the CPU side(?) fan under the heat pipe.  I think.  Yet another not exactly your machine video.

Thanks! I had a look under the pipe, still can’t see it... not keen to completely dismantle until I know where it is for sure. Honestly seems the wifi modules are either unpowered or I’ve got a dud. I reset the laptop because of driver issues from intel on the wifi card, but problem still persists. I have an ax200 to bang in and a new wifi 6 router so hopefully that fixes it. 

I just found out that the wifi card is built into the motherboard ?!