Graphics card not booting

Slipdash

The fans seem to cycle through running at full speed for a little and stop or starting quietly and then stop when I boot it up.The gpu used to just crash during games for a while and I used to underclock it a lot, is this a power supply issue or is my graphics card dying on me?

Rx580 

i3910f

16gb of working ram (I tested it)

1tb

1 minute ago, Slipdash said:

Rx580 

i3910f

16gb of working ram (I tested it)

1tb

What power supply do you have 

And what PSU exactly???

More details about the card.....

Why the need to underclock?? Where you getting artifacts?

Psu is a 

26 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

What power supply do you have 

550watt bronze from insignia 

25 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

And what PSU exactly???

More details about the card.....

Why the need to underclock?? Where you getting artifacts?

msi rx580 Underclocking helped be more stable when I was playing halo 2, but even then It’ll crash an hour or so in. I got artifacts 3 or 4 times booting it up when it but then it’ll crash soon after. Though  then when I restart the card and when was still booting and and I never got them anywhere else.

RMA the card.

4 minutes ago, Slipdash said:

Psu is a 

msi rx580 Underclocking helped be more stable when I was playing halo 2, but even then It’ll crash an hour or so in. I got artifacts 3 or 4 times booting it up when it worked and then it’ll crash but then when I restart the card and It was still booting and and I never got them anywhere else.

What are your temps ?

3 minutes ago, Trevor87 said:

What are your temps ?

Think it was like 50 or so idle and I think like 70 when I was playing csgo or furmark

31 minutes ago, Slipdash said:

Psu is a 

msi rx580 Underclocking helped be more stable when I was playing halo 2, but even then It’ll crash an hour or so in. I got artifacts 3 or 4 times booting it up when it but then it’ll crash soon after. Though  then when I restart the card and when was still booting and and I never got them anywhere else.

Is this just when you run and play halo 2 ?

Or when you run and  play all your games or normal use with the pc ? 

I think the fans going at full speed when you boot it up is normal, it does that for me too when I boot. Might be something to do with MSI Afterburner, not sure. But this sounds like the card's dying. Also, 50 on idle is quite high, are you sure the card isn't overheating?

Always thinks his PC is underperforming

"I don't want to mess up the game files because I'll have to buy the game again if I break it" - Anon

Grab some thermal paste, look up the full teardown on the card and do a through teardown and cleaning. clean all the old thermal paste off and thoroughly clean the die.  92% isopropyl alcohol and a cheap tooth brush and very carefully clean the card front and back with something to gently pat it dry as you go. Look for any obvious thermal stress on the pcb and vrms. Be patience and reinstall the thermal pads, repasted the gpu, and reassemble the card. test to see if this fixed its issues. if it works then lookup performance thermal paste and pads for a more performance upgrade fix.

Disclaimer

THIS WILL VIOD ANY EXISTING WARRENTY IF YOU STILL HAVE ONE.

For testing purposes a semi cheap thermal past will do or you can go with some good quality performance tim if you wish. Idle temps seem to high and suggest dried out or improper thermal paste application on gpu. good luck and give us an update if you find the cause/solution 

16 hours ago, Esper22 said:

Grab some thermal paste, look up the full teardown on the card and do a through teardown and cleaning. clean all the old thermal paste off and thoroughly clean the die.  92% isopropyl alcohol and a cheap tooth brush and very carefully clean the card front and back with something to gently pat it dry as you go. Look for any obvious thermal stress on the pcb and vrms. Be patience and reinstall the thermal pads, repasted the gpu, and reassemble the card. test to see if this fixed its issues. if it works then lookup performance thermal paste and pads for a more performance upgrade fix.

Disclaimer

THIS WILL VIOD ANY EXISTING WARRENTY IF YOU STILL HAVE ONE.

For testing purposes a semi cheap thermal past will do or you can go with some good quality performance tim if you wish. Idle temps seem to high and suggest dried out or improper thermal paste application on gpu. good luck and give us an update if you find the cause/solution 

I’ll give it a shot though the pc is not booting at all