Need help with ETS 2 - 64 bit has no sound while 32 bit does

Go to solution Solved by TempestCatto,
8 minutes ago, SyedN2000 said:

Nope, never had any mods unless the TruckersMP counts? and I'll do the verification of game files right now and hopefully that fixes it.

Thanks for your reply!

I wouldn't count MP as a mod.

Try booting into safe mode (Windows that is) and uninstall your audio drivers, restart into safe mode, the reinstall them. Restart and boot normally and see if it works.

Hey, so for quite a while now, whenever I open Euro Truck Simulator 2 on my PC, the game doesn't have any sound what so ever but everything else such as Youtube and Spotify do have audio. If I launch the same game in 32 bit version the sound comes back but only in OpenGL not DiretX11. I have already tried the 64 bit version of Safe Mode, DirectX11 and OpenGl  and still no sound; can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks!

Do you have any mods? Or had you installed any before? Even if you remove them, sometimes they linger because of modifying some core file. Try verifying game files.

2 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Do you have any mods? Or had you installed any before? Even if you remove them, sometimes they linger because of modifying some core file. Try verifying game files.

Nope, never had any mods unless the TruckersMP counts? and I'll do the verification of game files right now and hopefully that fixes it.

Thanks for your reply!

4 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Hey, just did the game verification and tried all the modes again and it only seems to work with 32bit OpenGL still

8 minutes ago, SyedN2000 said:

Thanks for your reply!

Try booting into safe mode (Windows that is) and uninstall your audio drivers, restart into safe mode, the reinstall them. Restart and boot normally and see if it works.

Try reinstall DirectX redistributable. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

24 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Try reinstall DirectX redistributable. 

Hey thanks for your suggestion however it didn't work

27 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Thanks a lot this worked perfectly and now my sound is back!