mixertable noise

bulletrullen_

hello i have had this problem since i bought my behringer xenyx q502 usb and a mic. i live in sweden  and i bought it from us, so i needed an adapter for it to work in sweden. first i thought the adapter made the noise, and now i noticed that the noise is always there, even if the mixertable doesnt have any power at all and the xlr cable is unplugged, so the only cable plugged is the one from mixer to pc..,how? it doesnt even have any power. i have it tried on 2 different computers, and noise on both

22 minutes ago, bulletrullen_ said:

hello i have had this problem since i bought my behringer xenyx q502 usb and a mic. i live in sweden  and i bought it from us, so i needed an adapter for it to work in sweden. first i thought the adapter made the noise, and now i noticed that the noise is always there, even if the mixertable doesnt have any power at all and the xlr cable is unplugged, so the only cable plugged is the one from mixer to pc..,how? it doesnt even have any power. i have it tried on 2 different computers, and noise on both

Noise can come from a lot of places. Sound is analog.  It could be from anywhere.  What is the nature of this adaptor?  If it’s a power converter it could have a coil in it and the coil could be producing coil whine.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Noise can come from a lot of places. Sound is analog.  It could be from anywhere.  What is the nature of this adaptor?  If it’s a power converter it could have a coil in it and the coil could be producing coil whine.

but it cant be the adaptor right? as i said, the noise is still there when its unplugged, the noise doesnt seem to come from the mic or the adaptor since it only goes away if i unplug the usb cable. also im very bad at sound stuff.. and electrical stuff, so i dont understand that much.