Computer don't work normally

QNTM

Hi,

Question about water cooling system in computer, anyone has experience in it or maybe some suggestions?
Here is a situation:
Mainboard: ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA (EATX size)
Processor: Intel Core i9-9980XE
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 x 16 GB
PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 1200W
GPU:  (2x graphic cards): 2 x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC edition
Storage: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 4 TB, Seagate IronWolfPro HDD 3.5'' 8TB, 2 x Samsung SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 PCIe 1TB <---{boot divice}
Box: Cooler Master Cosmos M700m
Problem:
If I run both gpu’s with original fans everything is fine and working, except first card starts choking because it is not getting enough air. But that’s okay because I decided use water cooling system. BUT if I connect CPU and GPU’s to cooling system, system is running not smoothly and system startup do not succeed in first attempt sometimes(systems start's  without video,but no errors are detected). Besides, second GPU not working and I cannot see 2nd GPU in BIOS.
Any ideas?

IMG_20200117_135123[1].jpg

7 minutes ago, QNTM said:

Make sure your gpus are seated properly, try to reseat them. I wouldn't worry if its just not detected in bios but detected by the OS.

Just now, For Science! said:

Make sure your gpus are seated properly, try to reseat them. I wouldn't worry if its just not detected in bios but detected by the OS.

Both BIOS and OS do not detect 2nd GPU. And both GPUs are seated properly I checked 3-5 times.

IMG_20200117_143004[1].jpg

video.PNG

9 minutes ago, QNTM said:

Both BIOS and OS do not detect 2nd GPU. And both GPUs are seated properly I checked 3-5 times.

Need to distinguish between dead motherboard slot or dead card (or neither). At the moment you know that the top slot and top gpu are working, so you should try to see if the bottom gpu would output a signal in the top slot. 

I would just swap the cards around on the dual terminal and replug it in. 

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Need to distinguish between dead motherboard slot or dead card (or neither). At the moment you know that the top slot and top gpu are working, so you should try to see if the bottom gpu would output a signal in the top slot. 

I would just swap the cards around on the dual terminal and replug it in. 

Both GPUs are working normaly when I use original stock air cooler, but then I change in to water cooling 2nd gpu don't work any more and it's same thing if I change gpus places

1 minute ago, QNTM said:

Both GPUs are working normaly when I use original stock air cooler, but then I change in to water cooling 2nd gpu don't work any more and it's same thing if I change gpus places

as in, you've already tried removing the waterblock and reinstalling the aircooler?

If so then its something about the way you've installed the waterblocks, post photos of where you;ve put thermal pads etc as well as the backplate.

Once quick thing to try would be to try the gpus without the backplate.

Remove the water block from the card thats not working and replace the air cooler to narrow down you issue to either a now dead card or some sort of water block installation error.

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |