Radio that can listen to ANY FREQUENCIES?? UHF, VHF, HF? Is there anything to do that

WolfLoverPro

I wanna pickup planes, cB and every range of frequencies 

but no one invented a tri radio where I can receive UHF VHF AND HF 

thats all all I want lol

its called a scanner.. but some frequencies need a frequency chip added to it and some cost a lot if not needing a licence to get for use

kind of like this one

https://www.amazon.com/Whistler-WS1065-Desktop-Digital-Scanner/dp/B00IID3OLI/ref=sr_1_4?qid=1579267030&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A5590790011&s=security-surveillance&sr=1-4&th=1

there are even higher end fancier ones

In general, no. Maybe you can find some oddball out there somewhere, but usually the HF radios are separate from UHF/VHF simply because of the antennas. UHF/VHF can use a much smaller antenna than an HF radio, that's why you really don't see any mobile HF radios. 

Also most amateur commercial radios lock out aviation frequencies because of the FCC requirements for the classification on those particular radios. 

Most modern UHF/VHF radios will get you CB and unencrypted local traffic, but no HF or aviation. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

Frequency scanners, but you'll have to find one that's pre 00's if you want to hear something interesting, I got one but no antenna so it barely picks up something, I can hear local cops, the fire dept, some trucks and some pirate amateur radios all with a ton of static but nothing beyond that. I'm not that into radio though

Your not interested in radio? Send that right to my door letter box then 

ill pay postage ¯\_(° ͜ʖ °)_/¯

lmfao 

There is way to setup "rigs" that can pickup a wider range of freqs.  But, you will mostly be limited by the antennas you can hook up as those will greatly affect what you can hear and how far away you can hear.  Depending on the band will also affect the range.  HF can go farther while as you go up the frequency range, VHF, UHF, etc. have shorter range.  The range can also vary by the power output of the base station as well and weather conditions and terrain.  Mostly you will see smaller radios for VHF/UHF and bigger radios with larger amps to handle HF (most simple antenna setup for those is a dipole).  There is also what we call beer can antennas in my Guard unit for hitting sats we use to communicate long distances with RF.  HAM radios have few sats as well.  (if ya got a HAM license you can talk with ISS)

Also, if you don't have a license, you can listen in, but don't transmit.  Especially on HAM bands (the license are not hard to get nor expensive for HAM if you interested in wanting to talk on the bands for it).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

What you probably want is an sdr. RTL-SDR's are prety cheap anD cover from 50mhz-1.7ghz. You can use an upconverter along with them to listen to all the HF ham bands. If you want a pretty good cheap option the nooelec nesdr smart and the hamitup down converter are pretty good. Here's a kit that would do prety much everything you want, thou i would recommend using better antennas for vhf and uhf.

https://www.amazon.com/NooElec-NESDR-Smart-HF-Bundle/dp/B0747PX3NZ/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2E6RU52ZC2GWE&keywords=nesdr+smart&qid=1579307085&sprefix=nesdr+sma%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-6

Here's a good guide for getting started with pretty much any rtl2832 based sdr

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-quick-start-guide/

I would also recommend using sdr# as its pretty intuitive to use and has a ton of compatibility. Its at least my preferred scanning software. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz