HWmonitor pro: worth it?

Go to solution Solved by Magnetar_Byte,

These are the pricings.

The pro version is free its just u have to register your license to get updates and unlimited remote connections.

Annotation 2020-01-17 201752.jpg

So I’m finding I kinda want to see some graphs from HWmonitor, and I’m not against throwing some money at CPUID.  I’m not finding the actual cost anywhere though, and apparently it needs to be updated every time something new comes out.  Also the actual price doesn’t seem to be listed which gives me pause.  I’m very likely to do a complete rig in the near future, so I’m worried that if I buy it now it will be useless and I’ll just have to buy it again.

Anyone have this thing?  What is ownership like?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, WereCat said:

HWinfo is better and free 

Doesn’t graph though.  Same company.  I don’t mind sending them money.  They do good work.  I just don’t want it to be $199 with another $199 in six months or whenever I build my new machine.  That would eat at me.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Doesn’t graph though.  Same company.  I don’t mind sending them money.  They do good work.  I just don’t want it to be $199 with another $199 in six months or whenever I build my new machine.  That would eat at me.

you could just make the graphs urself. for 200 bucks id make graphs for you all day long lol. i wouldnt bother with the pro unless ur making videos and shit 

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

you could just make the graphs urself. for 200 bucks id make graphs for you all day long lol. i wouldnt bother with the pro unless ur making videos and shit 

See that’s the thing.  I don’t know what it costs.  For $199 I can’t afford it.  I could probably swing $30 though if I didn’t have to update it in a few months.  I don’t have enough data.  It’s why I’m asking.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

See that’s the thing.  I don’t know what it costs.  For $199 I can’t afford it.  I could probably swing $30 though if I didn’t have to update it in a few months.  I don’t have enough data.  It’s why I’m asking.

its free????. https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor-pro.html

These are the pricings.

The pro version is free its just u have to register your license to get updates and unlimited remote connections.

Annotation 2020-01-17 201752.jpg

If u want a response then YOU'D best Quote me so I can see it.

Shouldn't have to say this but the few ruin it for them all......