A Good Book On Computer Science?

bradscoolio

Hi there guys!

Was wondering if you knew any good books on computer science?

I'd really like to build my knowledge of computers over all in a lot of aspects.

I really don't know much about networking or operating systems and coding etc. I'd really like to read a book or books that do a good job of explaining it to me.

Surrounding myself in hardware knowledge of consumer technology isn't really getting me anywhere.

Muchly appreciated :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Computer Science is a pretty broad topic, as a whole. Are there any areas of specific interest to you? If you're looking to get into programming and haven't tried anything before I'd suggest looking at Python books for beginners that teach with examples. Python is a fantastic language that's great for new programmers, and still used in industry - it's even taking over PHP in a lot of web-development applications. 

I'd also suggest something like Essentials of Computer Architecture:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Essentials-Computer-Architecture-Comer/dp/B0041VDNSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367161515&sr=8-1&keywords=essentials+of+computer+architecture

If you're looking at degree-level knowledge and already have a fairly good understanding of hardware, you might be more interested in the above for finding out what your computer is actually doing with the hardware and how operating systems manage everything.

Thank you very much.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |