(Part of)What gives the PC community a Toxic name(in my opinion). Yes this has to stop.

Jae Tee
23 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

I'm just going on stats. I'm not blaming a group of people, I AM blaming a market. 

This is like saying my van's branded shoes always fall apart within a few weeks, so I'm going to blame the entire shoe industry. (Doesn't actually happen btw)

I'm happy to say that support on both Amazon and eBay are pretty darn good, Walmart still has some catch up to do.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

1 minute ago, Jae Tee said:

I'm happy to say that support on both Amazon and eBay are pretty darn good, Walmart still has some catch up to do.

Good to know eBay has changed, my experience back then as a seller left a bad taste in my mouth about it.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, wkdpaul said:

Good to know eBay has changed, my experience back then as a seller left a bad taste in my mouth about it.

We do have to phone them but at least they pull through. 

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

Me: I haven't broken something and returned it, I believe in karma because she has bitched me out many times as a young man.

Also me: This is not just prevalent in the PC community, not even close.  

Also also me: Title should read "Shitty buyers suck, and this is why prices continue to raise for retailers to stay in business"

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

15 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

My takeaway from this is that While true he seems to be saying that within the PC market it is specifically CPUs and Logitech stuff.  Not other parts of the market.  Makes me wonder what is specific about those two things over other things.  What is unusual about them?  One thing I notice is they are not specific to enthusiasts, rather the reverse.  They are some of the most mass markety things in the entire segment. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Me: I haven't broken something and returned it, I believe in karma because she has bitched me out many times as a young man.

Also me: This is not just prevalent in the PC community, not even close.  

Also also me: Title should read "Shitty buyers suck, and this is why prices continue to raise for retailers to stay in business"

Your not wrong, but the data shows.

1 hour ago, Jae Tee said:

*snip*

I'm sure the person doing that, thought they were going to deal with customer service people, not tech people. Make sure to deny the refund and tell Amazon they are trying to defraud sellers.

When I worked at eBay, this kind of crap would get the buyer booted and their paypal locked.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

My takeaway from this is that While true he seems to be saying that within the PC market it is specifically CPUs and Logitech stuff.  Not other parts of the market.  Makes me wonder what is specific about those two things over other things.  What is unusual about them?  One thing I notice is they are not specific to enthusiasts, rather the reverse.  They are some of the most mass markety things in the entire segment. 

Anything is possible.

1 minute ago, Jae Tee said:

What data?  Selective data is...selective.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

1 minute ago, Kisai said:

I'm sure the person doing that, thought they were going to deal with customer service people, not tech people. Make sure to deny the refund and tell Amazon they are trying to defraud sellers.

When I worked at eBay, this kind of crap would get the buyer booted and their paypal locked.

That is the plan.

Just now, Jae Tee said:

The data does, but is it being interpreted correctly?  Data is just data.  You mentioned two products in the segment.  They both are small, expensive, delicate, used by the mass market, and tend not to show external problems when broken.  The interpretation is that the commonality is that they are both in the computer segment so the computer segment is the problem.  What if it is something else?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Tristerin said:

What data?  Selective data is...selective.

Overall in our company these are trends we see.

It is possible other companies see different results, but i'm coming from multiple locations.

That said this was not to bash people, I'm just trying to affirm EVERYONE regardless of ther track record to refrain from this.

36 minutes ago, steelo said:

I've done customer service before for another company and was completely miserable. People suck. Honestly, I hated just about every customer who called in just to make my life hell. Giving away free stuff was the last thing on my mind. LOL

And that's why I completely refuse to do any sort of work that involves dealing with actual "customers" now.

The first and last time I had to, I didn't even get the time to fucking answer the bitch, that she just turned around in .05 second and went complaining to my boss about how "rude" I was to her because I just looked at her without moving my head while working on something important that I couldn't get away from, to know if she was even talking to me in the first place... Worse thing is, my job description specifically said I wasn't even allowed to talk to customers because I wasn't trained, I was just there to fix the computers that THEY fucked up on the store floor. I was basically put in the backroom after that and quit within a month of having to "sort" their old garbage(recovery CDs and what not) instead of doing the job I was hired to do. Ridiculous.

That said, the I've never done the whole "swap" of hardware like that with a completely different product. My first thought would be that these people should be caught easily yet somehow they aren't most of the time...

I did however purchase the same product twice, in order to exchange it with my "faulty" one(projector, had a few dead pixel on it).... That I had bought like 3 weeks prior but didn't keep the box like a dumbass so I couldn't return it to the store(amazon) without it... Lesson learned, always keep the box until your store return window has expired.
The worst thing in this, is that product is now literally worse than the faulty one I returned, it developed a bunch of dead pixels here and there on the screen and its awful... I'm technically still within the return window, but again, no box since that was sent back with the previous projector... God fucking damn it. I don't think I could get away with buying the same thing 3 times for a switch so I'm stuck with it. (It's one of the cheapest native 1080p projector on Amazon, some chinese brand, I don't expect any sort of warranty service from them... considering I sent them an email like 2 months ago and never got a reply)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

27 minutes ago, Quinnell said:

That's why I always put "no refunds.  sold as is." in my sale page.  So far it has worked for me.  I took a refund once but it was due to my mistake.

This doesn't avail you of liability however, especially in the US. Let's say you sold something you know was defective, but said "sold as is", and the buyer then takes you to small claims court for "knowingly selling defective merchandise." Rather than "this product series is a lemon"

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/businesspersons-guide-federal-warranty-law

In order to disclaim implied warranties, you must inform consumers in a conspicuous manner, and generally in writing, that you will not be responsible if the product malfunctions or is defective. It must be clear to consumers that the entire product risk falls on them. You must specifically indicate that you do not warrant "merchantability," or you must use a phrase such as "with all faults," or "as is." A few states have special laws on how you must phrase an "as is" disclosure. (For specific information on how your state treats "as is" disclosures, consult your attorney.)

Some states do not allow you to sell consumer products "as is." In those states, sellers have implied warranty obligations that cannot be avoided.

Federal law prohibits you from disclaiming implied warranties on any consumer product if you offer a written warranty for that product (see What the Magnuson-Moss Act Requires) or sell a service contract on it (see Offering Service Contracts).

You should be aware that even if you sell a product "as is" and it proves to be defective or dangerous and causes personal injury to someone, you still may be liable under the principles of product liability. Selling the product "as is" does not eliminate this liability.

So basically you're hoping the buyers are unfamiliar with the laws. If you sell something, it better darn work.

If you're selling something that is broken, then you have to say it's broken "for parts, can not be repaired". As long as it's true, there's no liability and no expectation otherwise. 

If you are unable to tell if something is broken or not (eg no cables), then that's the same as going "as is", and a potentially a liability.

Canada does not have lemon laws, except for vehicles. 

7 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

Anything is possible.

A thought on testing. GPUs would have a similar problem, but they aren’t nearly as mass market and more associated with gaming and similar workloads specifically.  Do they also show a similar issue?  Watercooling parts are also small and expensive, but they are only of interest to enthusiasts and are generally neither delicate nor easily damaged without visible problems. 

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

A thought on testing. GPUs would have a similar problem, but they aren’t nearly as mass market and more associated with gaming and similar workloads specifically.  Do they also show a similar issue?  Watercooling parts are also small and expensive, but they are only of interest to enthusiasts and are generally neither delicate nor easily damaged without visible problems. 

We have fewer of those so its hard to say, but mos seem fine.

Well' anyone wan't a destroyed athlon?

1 hour ago, Jae Tee said:

my primary job is to deal with returns

apparently for every single computer user on earth

good thing you have such a large sample size of several billions of humans otherwise you might be considered trying to anger people for no reason

1 minute ago, emosun said:

apparently for every single computer user on earth

good thing you have such a large sample size of several billions of humans otherwise you might be considered trying to anger people for no reason

Actually my purpose was to EDUCATE not anger.

6 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

We have fewer of those so its hard to say, but mos seem fine.

Could imply type of product more than market segment then. Perhaps the problem is that CPUs and Logitech stuff have a different grouping other than computer product that fits the problem more?  Comparing by product characteristic or some other factor such as price placement within a segment might be interesting.  Logitech tends to be some of the cheapest stuff available that does what it does. Compared to products outside of computers though it might be fairly high.

1 hour ago, Quinnell said:

This is hardly limited to PC sales.  I have overheard several friends and friends of friends who've talked about doing similar crap with all kinds of products.  Walmart, Amazon, etc.  Society has no morals.  "It's a big company, they don't need the money anyway."

capitalism amirite

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Could imply type of product more than market segment then. Perhaps the problem is that CPUs and Logitech stuff have a different grouping other than computer product that fits the problem more?  Comparing by product characteristic or some other factor such as price placement within a segment might be interesting.  Logitech tends to be some of the cheapest stuff available that does what it does. Compared to products outside of computers though it might be fairly high.

I have searched for answers, there are many other products sharing in this problem.

I'm not here to bash on pc enthusiast or gamers in general, hech that includes me. I just want people to be aware.

21 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

capitalism amirite

Capitalism is the best economic system.  There is plenty of evidence to support that fact.  Only problem is when greed gets involved.  On either the consumer side or the business side.  Only thing we can do is manage our own greed and do the right thing.