[mini] Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to September 17th, 2020.

elfensky

Good, more time to get through my backlog. NGL, probably not going to finish a single game in my backlog before September anyway. 

It's not great news, but I'd rather a small delay than it be a mess. Plus it means I can think about a new GPU in between now and then. 

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

it's not just them all major companies are delaying all their games post Next Gen consoles. yes they are polishing the game but it's just an excuse. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

21 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

A rushed game is bad forever. A delayed game is eventually good.

Shigeru Miyamoto.

I'd take 10 delays over a rushed POS any day. I'm actually pleased the industry seems to be moving away from rushing and hard deadlines.

Ehh, Duke Nukem Forever would like a word. To a lesser extent, also The Last Guardian.

Either way, I knew that damn Keanu was not to be trusted.

#Muricaparrotgang

You know what sucks? Bought pre-order on GOG literally the past weekend in anticipation for April release.

I wonder if Final Fantasy 7 RE getting pushed to pretty much the same release date in April took a greater part to why they decided to delay it... considering both are massive RPG they'd certainly hurt each other's sales.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

22 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah it is way better to release a game when it's ready rather than release a game that is playable but has a ton of bugs. I would mention fallout 76 but that couldn't be called playable at launch. 

Hey now, it was playable if buggy as hell until people figured out how to crash the servers with dupes and nukes. So for about 3 days.

2 hours ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

I'm not so sure why everyone has such a hard on for projekt red, they've made exactly 1 good game that still isn't as good as Skyrim despite being 4 years newer, and the games they've released before competed badly with the likes of Skyrim, Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Oblivion, and on a stretch timeline, Knights of the old Republic

On 1/17/2020 at 9:14 AM, maartendc said:

Witcher 3 was not a buggy mess, so I assume they know what they are doing.

It was a play on words, I said "then" instead of "than", which means "after/later" instead of, well, "instead".
So it could be read as "wait and play a buggy mess after waiting" instead of
"wait instead of having to play a buggy mess".

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

13 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

I'm not so sure why everyone has such a hard on for projekt red, they've made exactly 1 good game that still isn't as good as Skyrim despite being 4 years newer, and the games they've released before competed badly with the likes of Skyrim, Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Oblivion, and on a stretch timeline, Knights of the old Republic

I think it's because W3 was such a masterpiece and W1 and W2 have a cult following, despite W1 being a mess on a gameplay level, especially by today's standards. Also #graphix.

Also because they don't overload with pre-order bonuses, paid weak DLC/skins etc, but instead have quality expansions and some free goodies.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

1 hour ago, elfensky said:

I think it's because W3 was such a masterpiece and W1 and W2 have a cult following, despite W1 being a mess on a gameplay level, especially by today's standards. Also #graphix.

Also because they don't overload with pre-order bonuses, paid weak DLC/skins etc, but instead have quality expansions and some free goodies.

:I  The first Witcher, ugh, I got so tired of the gameplay, I smack it on the lowest difficulty setting just so I could enjoy the story and lore.  As someone that likes the Witcher books, the story and lore is the only darn reason I even play the games.

I'm still keeping an eye on Cyberpunk 2077.  Really curious how much of the lore from the actual tabletop will be put in and what story lines they plan to pull from. 

Spoiler

Keep secretly hoping a good studio will do a darn 40K or Age of Sigmar video game that actually pulls from the lore.  :C 

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 1/17/2020 at 4:46 AM, kakik09 said:

Ever heard of Duke Nukem Forever?

A bad game is a bad game. A good game is a good game. That's it. I'd rather tune out than be hyped for something that could still flop. 

Duke Nukem Forever was never going to be good. The main reason it got stuck in development hell for as long as it did, was that they didn't know what they wanted to do with it.

With this announcement CDPR have at least shown that they learned from the mistakes made by their competitors over the past few years, too many high-profile games should have been delayed, but were pushed out the door in an unfinished state to meet a deadline.

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, after Duke Nukem 3D they stopped caring about making the games good, and focused more on humor and what they good get away with at the time.   There was also excpectations set for them based on that by cultist fans who made ridiculous myths/rumors about the Land of the Babes game as well.

Doom Eternal was also delayed because they wanted to polish/improve the game more.  I have no problem with a studio doing that.

TBH the first Max Payne game was the shit back in the day, I also quite liked Prey.

That said, I like this trend of games being delayed so they could be made better.

18 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

Skyrim is a piece of turd and always has been. As astonished as I am that people actually liked the first Witcher game, 2 and 3 were very solid. I also can't comprehend why you put Dark Souls in there, but whatever.

2 hours ago, EldritchMoose said:

Duke Nukem Forever was never going to be good. The main reason it got stuck in development hell for as long as it did, was that they didn't know what they wanted to do with it.

With this announcement CDPR have at least shown that they learned from the mistakes made by their competitors over the past few years, too many high-profile games should have been delayed, but were pushed out the door in an unfinished state to meet a deadline.

Insofar as history shows, anything with a delay that goes over a year is significantly more likely to be a complete mess on launch. A 3 to 6 month delay should be sufficient for a polishing, but even still a lot of games drop the ball.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 1/17/2020 at 5:04 PM, SPARTAN VI said:

Good, more time to get through my backlog. NGL, probably not going to finish a single game in my backlog before September anyway. 

relatable. Bought Witcher 3 on release, but promised myself to first play and finish W1 and W2... Guess who still hasn't played W3?

Delay or no delay doesnt mean a game will be bug free. No company has a perfect track record that i know of. 

No matter how soon or later it comes out the only why we will know its good or not is when its released. 

Personally i dont understand the hype for this game. Really doesnt look like anything special to me. But if it turns out to be amazing then that means ill have a good surprise game to play without the long hyped up wait lol.

On 1/19/2020 at 12:51 PM, elfensky said:

relatable. Bought Witcher 3 on release, but promised myself to first play and finish W1 and W2... Guess who still hasn't played W3?

I bought Witcher 1 and 2 at about the same time, and vowed not to buy 3 until I finished the other two. After restarting at least 3-4 times and wasting 12 hours in Witcher 1, I decided that the game is just too damned boring to continue. Watched a few synopsis videos on it, then moved onto Witcher 2. I'd recommend you do the same, Witcher 2 is simply a better focused, polished, and rewarding experience overall. 

• 4 weeks later...
Spoiler

It seems like there may be a cyberpunk special edition nvidia GPU coming out. No confirmations on what model it is however, only a series of tweets.

Update: 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Now that game has been delayed, NVIDIA will be able to push RTX feature with new RTX 3000 series. I'm sure it'll happen.