Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tydfil

upgrade from an xperia z3

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

just finished this vid, am looking to upgrade my z3 as the screen keeps coming out and theres only so many times you can justify the repair cost at the local "repair" store. so im having a toss up between the xperia 10 and the L3, which would be the better option? mid range is fine. im leaning towards teh L3 tbh. heres the link for it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Xperia-5-7-Inch-Smartphone-Black/dp/B07NWDS2WG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3DNVQRTBW46P9&keywords=sony+xperia+l3+phone&qid=1579203319&sprefix=sony+xperia+l3%2Caps%2C500&sr=8-5

 

im admitedly not upto date on the various snap dragons and phone specs. but id like to stick with sony preferably.

 

Cheers all

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tydfil said:

just finished this vid, am looking to upgrade my z3 as the screen keeps coming out and theres only so many times you can justify the repair cost at the local "repair" store. so im having a toss up between the xperia 10 and the L3, which would be the better option? mid range is fine. im leaning towards teh L3 tbh. heres the link for it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Xperia-5-7-Inch-Smartphone-Black/dp/B07NWDS2WG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3DNVQRTBW46P9&keywords=sony+xperia+l3+phone&qid=1579203319&sprefix=sony+xperia+l3%2Caps%2C500&sr=8-5

 

im admitedly not upto date on the various snap dragons and phone specs. but id like to stick with sony preferably.

 

Cheers all

Of those two, definitely the Xperia 10.  It's using a significantly faster processor and is generally more up to date.

 

With that said, is there a particular reason you're attached to Sony?  Or is it just because you're familiar with the brand?  If I were in your position, I'd be open to any Android vendor with good value for money and a healthy OS update policy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
27 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Whats your price range and use case? 

under $200

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Of those two, definitely the Xperia 10.  It's using a significantly faster processor and is generally more up to date.

 

With that said, is there a particular reason you're attached to Sony?  Or is it just because you're familiar with the brand?  If I were in your position, I'd be open to any Android vendor with good value for money and a healthy OS update policy.

apart from the iphone 4 (hated it) and an alcatel back in the late 90's ive always used a sony, so familiarity i suppose yeah. what would be a good android brand these days?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tydfil said:

apart from the iphone 4 (hated it) and an alcatel back in the late 90's ive always used a sony, so familiarity i suppose yeah. what would be a good android brand these days?

If I were buying one today, I'd lean OnePlus.  It's not perfect (its camera performance is okay, not stellar), but it offers a lot of phone for the money, a fast and responsive interface and a pretty good OS update policy in the Android world (it doesn't make you wait months).  You don't have to splurge on one of the Pro models, but anything from the 7/7T family is worth a look.

 

I'd add that the iPhone has come a long way since the 4, too, but I'm not going to suggest a new iPhone if you're not considering one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tydfil said:

under $200

Uk currency  

 

 

200$ - Moto g8

 

 

 

 

320- galaxy a70 

 

 

 

400$- pixel 3a 

 

 

 

 

500$ would be the best value tier 

 

- One plus 7t

 

- used 7 pro 

 

 

- galaxy s9 

 

 

- S10E 

 

 

 

 

 

If you love updates and camera, Pixel 3aXL would give you the best value in terms of update and battery life. s9 is  the most premium feeling/ quality device with a headphone jack, wireless charging and water resistance, 7 pro has 90hz screen. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tydfil said:

under $200

You use dollars in the UK?

I would avoid Sony phones because of their piss small batteries. Especially if battery life is one of your major gripes about your Z3.

 

What about the Z3 did you like that makes you want to stick to Sony?


Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

 

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

You use dollars in the UK?

I would avoid Sony phones because of their piss small batteries. Especially if battery life is one of your major gripes about your Z3.

 

What about the Z3 did you like that makes you want to stick to Sony?

no no we use £GBP just thought it would be easier for the vast majority of the community to use $usd as that seems to be what most people here use.

 

The battery wasnt bad until recently, now it barely holds 2 days charge. it was a vast improvement on my previous phone which was also a sony. its been quite reliable over the years, well travelled, dropped numerous times before its fist screen shatter, ok its not imperative to stay with sony its just prefered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Uk currency  

 

 

200$ - Moto g8

 

 

 

 

320- galaxy a70 

 

 

 

400$- pixel 3a 

 

 

 

 

500$ would be the best value tier 

 

- One plus 7t

 

- used 7 pro 

 

 

- galaxy s9 

 

 

- S10E 

 

 

 

 

 

If you love updates and camera, Pixel 3aXL would give you the best value in terms of update and battery life. s9 is  the most premium feeling/ quality device with a headphone jack, wireless charging and water resistance, 7 pro has 90hz screen. 

 

 

 

 

UK currencey about £160/£170

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tydfil said:

just finished this vid, am looking to upgrade my z3 as the screen keeps coming out and theres only so many times you can justify the repair cost at the local "repair" store. so im having a toss up between the xperia 10 and the L3, which would be the better option? mid range is fine. im leaning towards teh L3 tbh. heres the link for it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Xperia-5-7-Inch-Smartphone-Black/dp/B07NWDS2WG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3DNVQRTBW46P9&keywords=sony+xperia+l3+phone&qid=1579203319&sprefix=sony+xperia+l3%2Caps%2C500&sr=8-5

 

im admitedly not upto date on the various snap dragons and phone specs. but id like to stick with sony preferably.

 

Cheers all

Xperias are expensive for it's features, tho being my favorite phone, the L3 is the low-end market of xperias while the Xperia 10 is a mid-range phone, I would rather go with the 10 being the mid-range and with more probability of OS update, right now i have a XA2 Plus and I'm pretty happy with it.

 

obviuosly you have other brands like huawei and xiaomi with better price range but It depends on you. I will stick with the Xperia line while it's alive


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tydfil said:

UK currencey about £160/£170

Beat this (you cant)

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=xiaomi+mi+a3

 

Remember to stick to your objective

 

Remember to remember to stick to your objective


Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

 

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×