upgrade from an xperia z3

Tydfil

just finished this vid, am looking to upgrade my z3 as the screen keeps coming out and theres only so many times you can justify the repair cost at the local "repair" store. so im having a toss up between the xperia 10 and the L3, which would be the better option? mid range is fine. im leaning towards teh L3 tbh. heres the link for it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Xperia-5-7-Inch-Smartphone-Black/dp/B07NWDS2WG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3DNVQRTBW46P9&keywords=sony+xperia+l3+phone&qid=1579203319&sprefix=sony+xperia+l3%2Caps%2C500&sr=8-5

im admitedly not upto date on the various snap dragons and phone specs. but id like to stick with sony preferably.

Cheers all

22 minutes ago, Tydfil said:

just finished this vid, am looking to upgrade my z3 as the screen keeps coming out and theres only so many times you can justify the repair cost at the local "repair" store. so im having a toss up between the xperia 10 and the L3, which would be the better option? mid range is fine. im leaning towards teh L3 tbh. heres the link for it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Xperia-5-7-Inch-Smartphone-Black/dp/B07NWDS2WG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3DNVQRTBW46P9&keywords=sony+xperia+l3+phone&qid=1579203319&sprefix=sony+xperia+l3%2Caps%2C500&sr=8-5

im admitedly not upto date on the various snap dragons and phone specs. but id like to stick with sony preferably.

Cheers all

Of those two, definitely the Xperia 10.  It's using a significantly faster processor and is generally more up to date.

With that said, is there a particular reason you're attached to Sony?  Or is it just because you're familiar with the brand?  If I were in your position, I'd be open to any Android vendor with good value for money and a healthy OS update policy.

27 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Whats your price range and use case? 

under $200

10 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Of those two, definitely the Xperia 10.  It's using a significantly faster processor and is generally more up to date.

With that said, is there a particular reason you're attached to Sony?  Or is it just because you're familiar with the brand?  If I were in your position, I'd be open to any Android vendor with good value for money and a healthy OS update policy.

apart from the iphone 4 (hated it) and an alcatel back in the late 90's ive always used a sony, so familiarity i suppose yeah. what would be a good android brand these days?

27 minutes ago, Tydfil said:

apart from the iphone 4 (hated it) and an alcatel back in the late 90's ive always used a sony, so familiarity i suppose yeah. what would be a good android brand these days?

If I were buying one today, I'd lean OnePlus.  It's not perfect (its camera performance is okay, not stellar), but it offers a lot of phone for the money, a fast and responsive interface and a pretty good OS update policy in the Android world (it doesn't make you wait months).  You don't have to splurge on one of the Pro models, but anything from the 7/7T family is worth a look.

I'd add that the iPhone has come a long way since the 4, too, but I'm not going to suggest a new iPhone if you're not considering one.

2 hours ago, Tydfil said:

under $200

Uk currency  

200$ - Moto g8

320- galaxy a70 

400$- pixel 3a 

500$ would be the best value tier 

- One plus 7t

- used 7 pro 

- galaxy s9 

- S10E 

If you love updates and camera, Pixel 3aXL would give you the best value in terms of update and battery life. s9 is  the most premium feeling/ quality device with a headphone jack, wireless charging and water resistance, 7 pro has 90hz screen. 

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

You use dollars in the UK?

I would avoid Sony phones because of their piss small batteries. Especially if battery life is one of your major gripes about your Z3.

What about the Z3 did you like that makes you want to stick to Sony?

no no we use £GBP just thought it would be easier for the vast majority of the community to use $usd as that seems to be what most people here use.

The battery wasnt bad until recently, now it barely holds 2 days charge. it was a vast improvement on my previous phone which was also a sony. its been quite reliable over the years, well travelled, dropped numerous times before its fist screen shatter, ok its not imperative to stay with sony its just prefered.

2 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Uk currency  

200$ - Moto g8

320- galaxy a70 

400$- pixel 3a 

500$ would be the best value tier 

- One plus 7t

- used 7 pro 

- galaxy s9 

- S10E 

If you love updates and camera, Pixel 3aXL would give you the best value in terms of update and battery life. s9 is  the most premium feeling/ quality device with a headphone jack, wireless charging and water resistance, 7 pro has 90hz screen. 

UK currencey about £160/£170

12 hours ago, Tydfil said:

Cheers all

Xperias are expensive for it's features, tho being my favorite phone, the L3 is the low-end market of xperias while the Xperia 10 is a mid-range phone, I would rather go with the 10 being the mid-range and with more probability of OS update, right now i have a XA2 Plus and I'm pretty happy with it.

obviuosly you have other brands like huawei and xiaomi with better price range but It depends on you. I will stick with the Xperia line while it's alive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)